2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 21 posts
  • 14 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Strummy
  • Topic is favorited by 8 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 3 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20170123_231620 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0659 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2432 (resized).JPG

#1 2 years ago

amazon.com link »

Use coupon code K2W6M954

#2 2 years ago

Thanks! Ordered one of these, nearly as cheap as it'd be from Aliexpress but without the long wait Merry XMAS!

#3 2 years ago

Would love to know how to break that roll down & use for undercab ect... Anyone got a video?

#4 2 years ago
    Quoted from Butch2099:

Would love to know how to break that roll down & use for undercab ect... Anyone got a video?

It's easy just alcohol wipe to give a good clean area and roll/stick it on starting at one end and cut with scissors where it ends. You can plug the power into the tech jack inside the cabinet if you don't have a splitter. If you have bigger pieces of leftover you can solder wires directly on the pads and use them too for drain holes and shooter lanes if you like those.

IMG_2432 (resized).JPG

IMG_0659 (resized).JPG

#5 2 years ago

Are these 90 degree connectors that would work with the this strip? It was linked on the product page as "frequently bought together":
    amazon.com link »

I bought a 1M strip from TAYDA to try out... kind of expensive over there. Think I paid near what this is costing for 5m, and it didn't even come with a power supply. Yeah, got hosed a bit, but I was ordering some other stuff and figured meh Anyway, there's cut marks on the strip every 3 leds.. where you cut is also where you peel back to expose the metal strip you solder too. Pretty simple. I'm gonna use some of these on my deck sometime! Even if they only last a year they'll still be great for ambient light at night.

#6 2 years ago

Thanks for the heads up.

#7 2 years ago
    Quoted from acebathound:

Are these 90 degree connectors that would work with the this strip? It was linked on the product page as "frequently bought together":

Yes they will work.

#8 2 years ago
    Quoted from acebathound:

...Even if they only last a year they'll still be great for ambient light at night.

No worries. They'll last many many years.!

#9 2 years ago

Nice find. Thanks!- ordered.

#10 2 years ago
    Quoted from Toucanf16:

No worries. They'll last many many years.!

I never really trust any kind of lifetime rating on leds. This 50,000 hour rating... hey I'm happy if a $15 strip lasts for a year

I have bought CREE led bulbs from HD early-on when LED bulbs started gaining popularity, that I thought were *great* match to incandescent color, etc. Happy for a few years, but then they started slowly dying. Same with other brand led bulbs in ceiling fans (candelabra style). I've had really good luck with Philips led bulbs so far & they have some cheap 3-packs of led bulbs ($10) and I've always been happy with their 2700k color too. So as far as household lighting, never again on the off-brands. Only Philips. Until any of those start dying prematurely, but so far I've had Philips out-last everything else.

#11 2 years ago
    Quoted from Travish:

It's easy just alcohol wipe to give a good clean area and roll/stick it on starting at one end and cut with scissors where it ends. You can plug the power into the tech jack inside the cabinet if you don't have a splitter. If you have bigger pieces of leftover you can solder wires directly on the pads and use them too for drain holes and shooter lanes if you like those.

I have undercab lighting on a few of my machines, so I'm familiar with that. I wouls need more instruction on what I need to make my own. Say I cut a strip, how does it get attached to that plug & then the connector? Do they sell those parts separately & how hard is it to do? I suck at soldering.

#12 2 years ago

^^^^^^ I'm curious about this too. I also sucked at soldering. I kept practicing on useless stuff and I got pretty good at it.

#13 2 years ago

You can also grab 12V Flasher bulbs with an open connector of 12V, from Comet.

These can wire into the strips here, or anywhere, or pick 3 flashers, and 3 colored pads or strips for the same.

Plug and play, you choose the color and the event.....

add the same from 6.3 to a Plug and Play GI for always on, or from an insert, so say Extra Ball or Jackpots light the under or back cab flashing the same for this feature.

Roughly $10-$25 to add any or all of this.

The Benefit of this Kit, IMO, is the custom color Pallet, One gets a larger spectrum of colors if needed, with RGB set ups like this.

Any way you do it, it makes a game so different to play!

My favorite has been to load several colors on the Backbox from inserts!
    I see this more than under cab when playing, and in some games with timed events, and the music, callouts, and insert flashing, the countdown having the back box pulse Red or Orange still blows me away!

#14 2 years ago

They are 12v only useful for under cabinet lighting. Not as cheap but much more useful are the 6V ones for blinging up Playfield/GI lighting.
    http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/332067391364

#15 2 years ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

These can wire into the strips here, or anywhere, or pick 3 flashers, and 3 colored pads or strips for the same.
    add the same from 6.3 to a Plug and Play GI for always on, or from an insert, so say Extra Ball or Jackpots light the under or back cab flashing the same for this feature.
    The Benefit of this Kit, IMO, is the custom color Pallet, One gets a larger spectrum of colors if needed, with RGB set ups like this.
    I see this more than under cab when playing, and in some games with timed events, and the music, callouts, and insert flashing, the countdown having the back box pulse Red or Orange still blows me away!

Can you post link please?

#17 2 years ago

Nice. Just ordered some. Thanks!

#18 2 years ago

In for two!

#19 2 years ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

They are very handy for those who can't solder. Nice idea.

#20 2 years ago

Thank you...Ryan and Janet are running the Co, and I believe they have settled in to finish bringing

some of the additional neat surprises to the line!

I hope we all get to see them in the New Year!

4 weeks later
    #21 2 years ago

Found a good use for the lights

20170123_231620 (resized).jpg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 2,000.00
    Pinball Machine
    Great American Pinball
    $ 17.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    BK Pinball
    Lighting - Under Cabinet
    Rock Custom Pinball
    Lighting - Interactive
    Pinball Z
    $ 5.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    $ 5,799.00
    Pinball Machine
    Gulf Coast Pinball, LLC
    Cabinet - Toppers
    liorillusion
    $ 78.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    Pinball Machine
    Music City Pinball
    $ 42.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 35.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Bright Lights Pinball
    $ 19.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 35.00
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 8,599.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 5,599.00
    Pinball Machine
    Great American Pinball
    $ 12.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 119.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Hookedonpinball.com
    $ 30.00
    $ 209.99
    $ 999.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside