You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Catacomb_Lamps.png
20201208_220106 (resized).jpg
20201208_220051 (resized).jpg

#1 3 years ago

Got a Catacomb - All Alltek boards in it too. MPU, Driver, Lamp...

Issue I'm having (This game just came to me, so not sure about the past) is with the lamps. I've attached a couple pictures.

What's happening: During Gameplay/Test if the connection to the 6.3V on the backbox is made, missing about 1/3 of the lights, but the lights that do work - work as they should - no flickers and on/off properly. No flicker and all is fine - but about 1/3 of the l flights (maybe half) missing.

If I remove the connection to 6.3V all lights come on but flicker. The lights stay on all the time, even without test mode. Which isn't right either.

This game is all LED's. GI, Inserts - everywhere.

first picture is with 1/3 lights missing - 2nd is with all the lights on but flickering.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

20201208_220051 (resized).jpg20201208_220051 (resized).jpg20201208_220106 (resized).jpg20201208_220106 (resized).jpg
#2 3 years ago

You have a bad connection somewhere on the lamp address 3 (AD3) signal from the MPU board J1 pin 12 to the speech board J1/J2 pin 17 then onto the lamp driver board at J4 pin 17. Sorry, the wire color is not listed in the schematic.

Catacomb_Lamps.pngCatacomb_Lamps.png

#3 3 years ago

Wow - Thanks for doing all of the detective work - I REALLY appreciate it. Figured it might be something like that. I will dig into this tonight and see if I can figure it out. Many thanks!

- Matt

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 3.00
Hardware
20eyes
Hardware
Cabinet Parts
Rocket City Pinball
Cabinet parts
$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Third Coast Pinball
Cabinet parts
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
Displays
PinballSolutions.eu
Displays
$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Bob's Pinball Stuff
Other
$ 199.95
$ 10.00

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/led-lamp-board-issue-on-catacomb and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.