7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 72 posts
  • 39 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by mario_1_up
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 9 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

led.shadow.jpg
    P1010293(1).jpg
    IMG_10400000.jpg
    IMG_1681.jpg
    DSC001070000.jpg
    IMG_0280.JPG
    P1010343(1).jpg
    WH2O.JPG
    IMG_0137.jpg

There are 72 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 7 years ago

i forgot how sick that TOM is coasterguy!!! ireally like your MB too, i have a friend with one with leds and it doesn't look as good. thanks for the compliments on DM. she's out on location right now gettin love

#52 7 years ago

I don't own any of them anymore. That TOM looked amazing in person. Toward the end I had changed a few of the purples to white. It was stunning in person. Truly.

#53 7 years ago
    Quoted from Ballsofsteel:

i had to attach my DM i love it so much, couldn't be happier with my custom led kit. NOT A PREORDER

That DM looks great Balls! I don't suppose you had a list of bulbs and locations you would mind sharing? I would love to give my DM that same treatment.

#54 7 years ago

thanks!! i get a lot of "whoooah look at that" comments in person. lol

I don't suppose you had a list of bulbs and locations you would mind sharing?

does that help action?? lol no, i can pm you a quick list off the top my head and send you a video of it via email. give me a day or so hopefully i can load the video to youtube.

P1010293(1).jpg

#55 7 years ago

does that help action??

LOL!

i can pm you a quick list off the top my head and send you a video of it via email. give me a day or so hopefully i can load the video to youtube.

Ok thanks. That would be great. I really appreciate that.

#56 7 years ago

Edit: Nevermind , just saw the post about my question.

#57 7 years ago

Waiting to get review of CT (ghost buster) Premiums myself...

#58 7 years ago
    Quoted from coasterguy:

I usually go with Cointakers kits and they tweak them to my preference. Chris at cointaker does amazing work when he makes his kits. He does not just throw White in everywhere. He takes his time and color matches them up.

+1
    This is what I did with my DE SW and I am very pleased with the results. The personal tweaks I made cost less than $25.

#59 7 years ago

Shadow with the full super cointaker kit, felt a bit too bright in the beginning. But i don't mind anymore.

led.shadow.jpg

1 year later
    #60 6 years ago

HEy, I know this is an old thread, but I'm new here and was wondering: are the LED kits plug and play or do I need to get out the wire cutters? Thanks!

#61 6 years ago

No wire cutters.
    The kits contain the bulbs. Same as changing out a regular incandescent bulb in each socket.

#62 6 years ago

My CT kit on my T2 is great. Even came with a few extra bulbs.

#63 6 years ago
    Quoted from Chitownpinball:

My CT kit on my T2 is great. Even came with a few extra bulbs.

Do the kits only contain white or colours maching the inserts on the playfield

#64 6 years ago

Usually they color match.

Bottom line on kits, they are good if you have 1 or 2 machines and just want someone to do all the homework for you and just get what you need. That is what your paying for, convenience. You are paying for someone else to do all your homework.

But if you own more than a few, its cheaper to just buy in bulk and play around. Don't like the 10 specific bulbs for machine A, machine C looks just fine with them, no waste.

Or if you like researching, see what other have used, crawl through forum posts, read reviews, build long shopping carts full of different bulbs, then stay away from kits.

#65 6 years ago
    Quoted from Pinballgeek:

Do the kits only contain white or colours maching the inserts on the playfield

They color matched all the inserts, but not much in the GI.

You can email CT and they will send you a list of what the kit includes. You can then email them back with any changes you would like.

#66 6 years ago

No they are not.

#67 6 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

No they are not.

Maybe for some one who has the time to map out each and every LED and match the base type, color, etc. That takes a lot of time and the kit took 5 seconds to buy and I am very happy. Its definitely a per person basis.

#68 6 years ago

Maybe for some one who has the time to map out each and every LED and match the base type, color, etc.

Like you actually don't have enough time...get real But seriously, for me it's more the bulb type and prices. If you want supers and to have them decide which colors to give you sure it's worth it. I'd rather use frosted as they look better and are cheaper, and I like to make my own decisions on some colors.

#69 6 years ago

CT gave me all frosted premiums for my GI, some were colored, the rest were cool and warm white.

Backbox was my only gripe. After seeing a few other guys, I would have color matched the writing in my T2 box to make it pop, but thats about it. Everything else looked really nice. I did upgrade to premium for the $20 or whatever.

#70 6 years ago

CT gave me all frosted premiums for my GI, some were colored, the rest were cool and warm white.

Right I was talking aboot inserts, that's my issue with the kits.

#71 6 years ago
    Quoted from RCA1:

No wire cutters.
    The kits contain the bulbs. Same as changing out a regular incandescent bulb in each socket.

Thanks!!

#72 6 years ago

I guess the only suggestion I can give it buy in bulk from everyone ct pbl. If you just buy kits and start adding up the cost of doing all you pins the bill can be as much money as a good dmd pin. I've leded over 20 pins in the last year. For less than half the cost if I bought kits for everyone.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Full Tilt Pinball LEDs
    Pinball Machine
    Great American Pinball
    Lighting - Led
    Lee's Parts
    $ 28.75
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 6.95
    $ 999.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 22.00
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 199.99
    $ 229.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    CzTV Mods
    $ 225.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Pinball Mod Co.
    $ 99.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 24.00
    Playfield - Other
    Pin Monk
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    € 4.99
    Flipper Parts
    Multigame
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    $ 7.65
    Cabinet Parts
    Third Coast Pinball
    There are 72 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside