(Topic ID: 28193)

led kit put in a gen 1 gen2 pin machine?

By RYAN

11 years ago

Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by neutrino
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 11 years ago

Was thinking of putting ablaze #47 leds in our classic pin to give it more flare.. is this a good idea? They say the lights can run ac and dc

#2 11 years ago

Hey Ryan... I will offer my little bit of info that I know of so far I am new to LED and pins in general so feel free to take my info with a grain of salt. First I love the look of LED lights as accent or a full kit. So I think your upgrade will look great. The only word of caution I have is that you research the non-ghosting led lights. I have read some pins have a problem with LED lights turning on due to leaked voltage. (I am not sure if the term leaked is correct.) Also to note your pin may not even have this issue I just want you to be aware of it to research. Ok well I will stop babbling and let some people who know what they are talking about chime in. Good luck with your upgrade!

spinpin

#3 11 years ago

Thanks spinpin i will post how the machine takes to the leds

#4 11 years ago

Best of luck!

8 months later
#5 10 years ago

Any pictures yet of your Atari Pin with LEDs?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/led-kit-put-in-a-gen-1-gen2-pin-machine and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.