Topic Stats

• 150 posts
  • 78 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Cypress
  • Topic is favorited by 139 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Photo Feb 01, 1 33 11 PM.jpg
    Photo Feb 17, 10 16 13 AM.jpg
    Photo Feb 01, 4 07 04 PM.jpg
    Premium_2_Led.jpeg
    Si_bumper_inside.jpg
    Si_bumper_r.jpg
    IMG_1468.JPG
    AFMPFS_009.jpg
    Spotlights_017.jpg
    AFMFIN2_011.jpg
    Spotlights_012.jpg
    Spotlights_010.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tonycip.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#113 10 years ago
    Quoted from Crash:

I don't know, still quite a bit of flicker in these. They are not designed for slow fading. Pinball Life $0.39 LEDs paired with LED OCD is really the ultimate solution.
    » YouTube video

OK I’ve seen that video,and there's some camera trickery there.. speed of film or something I have a kit from coin taker and they look nothing like the flickering mess that’s shown in that video.. I'm sure the ocd board is nice and if I had 150.00 to throw away I might try one ,but non ghosting leds solve the problem just fine for me without the added expense of added hardware.

#115 10 years ago
    Quoted from pezpunk:

there's no trickery in the video. the default matrix runs at 60z, while LED OCD runs at 120hz. the default matrix also attempts to flashing and dimming that even a non-ghosting LED is not going to be able to deal with properly.
    investing in an LED OCD board would be the opposite of throwing $150 away.

Sorry didn't mean to offend anyone. but all I have are non ghosting premiums and I see zero flickering in my TZ. so for me it would seem like a waste .I know the board does other cool stuff but that video seems a bit over-exaggerated don't you think?

#119 10 years ago
    Quoted from herg:

If by "that video", you mean the TZ one, the only "trickery" is that it is running in slow motion, and "Slow Motion" is printed directly on the bottom of the screen. That's really how it looks, it's just that human vision tends to smooth it out. It is not my intent to fool anyone, and I didn't even shoot or edit that video myself; a customer did. Some people's eyes see that flickering worse than others, but it's always there. BTW, I hate having to try to show what the boards can do using video. What really matters is what they look like in person.

Oh thanks for clearing that up, it’s been a while since I seen that video but I know something wasn’t right. . Maybe you should fix it .. Your intent wasn’t to fool anyone, but you had me fooled for a min. and I’m sure it fools a lot of others who don’t know any better. I had to go turn on my TZ and check it out for myself. I thought I may need to buy that … I understand the need to show it that way .because if people seen the actual difference there not going to want to plunk down the 150.00. I mean if someone slowed it down even more you’re would be flickering too right? And yes “some people” can pick up the 60 Hz cycle, and it bothers them like sitting in front of their computer monitors or even fluorescence lighting, so let’s have a little truth in advertising. Maybe another disclaimer on the video like this is a slow motion dramatization of what is happening. If your eyes could actually see at this speed.. I’m sure your product has some merit and people seem to like it so that’s great. Its just that video is like a parlor tick and seems a bit well you know .

#122 10 years ago
    Quoted from herg:

OK, I've waited an hour since reading your response, so I hope I can respond fairly now. Having my integrity questioned by someone based on their misinterpretation of a video really has me seeing red

Ok - you feel better now? Take a deep breath.... nothing to get excited about... If you read what I wrote I said the video is misleading. And it can fool people into expecting to see results like that. Like I said I even had to take a double check to see myself. Pay attention I'll go slow..I DIDN'T SEE ANY FLICKERING ON MY TZ. SEE, THAT’S MY HONEST OPINION..Sorry If I came off a little edgy in my earlier post, but come on now, you’re a businessman. Learn to take a little criticism. No need to get all mad.
    I'm pretty sure I'm allowed to have an opinion on an open forum. You don’t have to agree. Or like it. Or send your friend pezpuck in to defend you. Who just happens to live in the same state. Now I think you’re maybe overstating that most people can see 62hz flicker. But whatever..You like long articles? Try this one:
    http://books.google.com/books?id=kPyyBAomC4cC&pg=PA117&lpg=PA117&dq=can+people+see+62hz+flicker&source=bl&ots=_jmT_Rxqy3&sig=2V1VlQbAJdkc6Em-qEzOXCCAXj8&hl=en&sa=X&ei=uEACU6bXN-PSyAGV84HwDg&ved=0CGoQ6AEwBw#v=onepage&q=can%20people%20see%2062hz%20flicker&f=false
    I believe it says 90% of people can’t see 62hz flicker. I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings.
    Let’s summarize - I feel the video is misleading, and If I need to read 3 pages to figure out that it’s not, guess what? It’s misleading. People throw that video around in every led thread and it should be known that you’re not going to see that kind of improvement. And if you don’t want to fool anybody like you said, then there’s nothing to get mad about. You should want people to know that, right? Well, that’s all I got to say about that. Good luck in your endeavors and I'm glad people are enjoying your product

#124 10 years ago
    Quoted from pezpunk:

you could not be more wrong.
    wrong again. i've never met Herg or spoken to him ever in my life. i bought LED OCD from his website and am thrilled with the results. that's the extent of our association.
    i have no idea what percentage can notice the difference or not but the difference is night and day to me and many others.
    if it does say that it is flat wrong.
    if you were sorry you wouldn't continue posting your uninformed garbage.
    it is objectively not misleading.
    or you're unusually thick.
    i don't even know where to begin. the video illustrates exactly what the product does. there's no trickery. you are being really really weird.

well thats your opinion ..see not mad at all ,and next youll be telling me you and most people can hear a dog whistle too .. good for you!

#126 10 years ago
    Quoted from 0geist0:

Wait.....Dogs can't whistle....

lol exactly...

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tonycip.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/led-information-all-you-wanted-to-know?tu=tonycip and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.