(Topic ID: 111723)

EnerGI Maestro - LED GI Smoother (for Data East)

By caker137

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 538 posts
  • 132 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 days ago by pickleric
  • Topic is favorited by 96 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Would you buy a smoother kit for your Data East Pinball?”

• Definitely! 73 votes
    55%
  • Possibly. 42 votes
    32%
  • Heck yeah, more than one! 18 votes
    14%

(133 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

A55FE5F0-DE14-4F82-8568-5C079B40C815 (resized).jpeg
6C9533E8-5477-4486-B2AF-20CB0257191E (resized).jpeg
20221011_200032.jpg
20221011_200004.jpg
70402D73-53BC-4DBB-8734-998330E4E139.jpeg
6E7A661D-7029-434F-9BED-B8AF6F084A4E (resized).jpeg
20161210_132242 (resized).jpg
working_(resized).png
IMG_1979.jpg
IMG_1980.jpg
IMG_1978.jpg
2015-05-30 12.07.57.jpg
2015-05-30 12.07.08.jpg
2015-05-30 11.44.52.jpg
2015-05-30 11.28.24.jpg
2015-05-30 11.17.26.jpg
There are 538 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 11.
#351 5 years ago

My LAH is running a Color LED DMD, Pinball Pro Premium Speakers, LED's, and a XPIN Power Supply. Just ordered the board and looking forward to the install.

Wondering if this board is compatible with Goldeneye? Also when you check out on the website you can only purchase 1 board.

#352 5 years ago
Quoted from unlockpinball:

Wondering if this board is compatible with Goldeneye?

Goldeneye is a whitestar system, so not compatible with the EnerGI Maestro. You might look into herg's GI gizmo for that game (search this thread for the keyword Goldeneye)

Quoted from unlockpinball:

when you check out on the website you can only purchase 1 board.

If you would like to order more than one you can either just shoot me an email and I can send an invoice. Or if you place individual orders, just let me know and I will combine shipping and refund the difference. If you'd like to combine more into your recent order, just let me know. I usually ship next day so if I don't hear from you I'll go ahead and send your one kit on it's way. Thanks for your interest!

#353 5 years ago

Received the board, E-Z install and board word great!! No "click click click" noise.

#354 5 years ago

I’m currently using a GIzmo for the GI in my phantom of the opera. And while that does fine with the strobe effect, I really like the idea of no clicking and adjusting backbox and playfield separately. Do you have any confirmation that this works on the older data east games that use Williams system 11 power supplies?

#355 5 years ago
Quoted from jboner1058:

Do you have any confirmation

I've had some folks install in Torpedo Alley and Checkpoint and they reported success. It really should work in Phantom. If you want to give it a try, buy one and install it, and if it's a no go, just send it back to me and I'll refund you.

Craig

ps full list of tested games here:

https://sites.google.com/site/energimaestro/

#356 5 years ago

Is there any delay timing wise with this board? Phantom pulses the GI to the beat of the music during multiball

#357 5 years ago
Quoted from jboner1058:

Is there any delay timing wise

LAH does the same thing with synchronized gi flashes. They still line up well to the music unless you set up the fade out speed to be really slow. If you keep the playfield fade speed similar to what your gizmo does today, I think it would act pretty much the same.

1 week later
#358 5 years ago

We're sold out again! Thank you all for your continued interest. I've put the waitlist back up on the website. If you'd like to sign up for the next batch just go here:

https://sites.google.com/site/energimaestro/waitlist

Once the list gets long enough to place a bulk order I will email all on the list to confirm interest and then I'll get some more kits put together.

#359 5 years ago

Dang missed it cause I was waiting on someone to buy my GIzmo first

1 month later
#360 5 years ago

Im in on the waitlist! Cant wait!!!

#361 5 years ago

Just got on the waitlist. Played quite a few games of LAH last night with my daughter. And more times I said to myself I got to find a way to mellow out the flashing. I almost had a seizure.

#362 5 years ago

I disconnected the relay from the advice given earlier in this thread. That will hold me until my turn on the waitlist comes up

Mike

2 months later
#363 5 years ago

Any body have one of these boards for sale? I just got a JP and the flashing GI is really bothersome. I put myself on the waitlist, but thought I'd also post in case someone has one.

#364 5 years ago

The wait is almost over! Parts orders are going in this month, targeting shipment late January. If you want a kit please head over to the website and sign up on the waitlist and I'll make sure a kit is built for you. No need to sign up again if you are already on the list. Everyone on the list should have received an email letting you know that kits will be built soon. If you didn't get an email even though you signed up, shoot me a PM and I'll get it straightened out for you.

Thanks!

3 weeks later
#365 5 years ago

EnerGI Maestro is back in stock! I've put some extras back up on the website for direct purchase for USA destinations. Or, if you are international or if you'd like more than one kit, just let me know and I can send a PayPal invoice with the correct shipping amount.

If you've signed up on the waitlist and have not already been receiving email communications from me, just PM here; I still have held back enough kits to cover the entire waitlist, but those will be released to the general population next week if I haven't heard from you by then.

Thanks everyone! And don't forget to post your install pics in this thread! Love to see them.

2 months later
#366 5 years ago

Awesome product, just ordered, can't wait. I already had a GI OCD and insert OCD board from a Williams game, so got the playfield OCD installed and this is what i need for the GI!

Watched the videos, well done on the effects.

#367 5 years ago
Quoted from chrisnack:

Awesome product, just ordered, can't wait. I already had a GI OCD and insert OCD board from a Williams game, so got the playfield OCD installed and this is what i need for the GI!

Watched the videos, well done on the effects.

Thanks! Hope you like the kit. You should have it in just a few days. Hard to believe this design is 5 years old. Glad you guys are still digging it.

Craig

#368 5 years ago

I recently installed this in my Tommy. Great product! Huge difference and well worth it.

#369 5 years ago
Quoted from caker137:

Thanks! Hope you like the kit. You should have it in just a few days. Hard to believe this design is 5 years old. Glad you guys are still digging it.
Craig

Saw the shipping notice, thanks for being speedy!

A good product is timeless... or something like that, haha

#370 5 years ago
Quoted from nocreditdot:

I recently installed this in my Tommy. Great product! Huge difference and well worth it.

I too installed one of these boards on a Tommy, and it was exactly what was needed. Previously, after installing the LED’s, the game was a seizure inducing flash monster. Installing this board completely eliminated the issue. This board is simple to use, simple to install, and Craig was very helpful when I did have questions and very attentive with service. Great product.

#371 5 years ago

How long do you have to hold down the PROG button to enter programming? I've held it for up to a minute and it hasn't entered programming mode.

Thanks.

#372 5 years ago
Quoted from chrisnack:

How long do you have to hold down the PROG button to enter programming? I've held it for up to a minute and it hasn't entered programming mode.

Should be much quicker than that, like 1 second. Things to try:

1 red lights are cycling normally after boot up?
2 Make sure your pressing the correct button (sorry, had to say it)
3 Try holding up and down together for 2 seconds to factory reset.
4 Hold down prog while powering up. This should enter a test mode where each string cycles before booting into regular mode.

Feel free to email me if you're still having trouble and let me know how the above goes. I can provide more timely support that way as opposed to pinside which I don't check quite as often.

[email protected]
Craig

#373 5 years ago
Quoted from caker137:

Should be much quicker than that, like 1 second. Things to try:
1 red lights are cycling normally after boot up?
2 Make sure your pressing the correct button (sorry, had to say it)
3 Try holding up and down together for 2 seconds to factory reset.
4 Hold down prog while powering up. This should enter a test mode where each string cycles before booting into regular mode.
Feel free to email me if you're still having trouble and let me know how the above goes. I can provide more timely support that way as opposed to pinside which I don't check quite as often.
[email protected]
Craig

I’ll try those once I get home from my business trip. I’ll ping your email if I’m still having issues.

Thanks!

#374 5 years ago

Well we're sold out again! The spares from the last batch went pretty quick this time. You know the drill; the waitlist is back up on the website. Sign up if you want to buy a kit and when we get enough names I'll begin a new batch. Thanks everyone!

https://sites.google.com/site/energimaestro/waitlist

#375 5 years ago

I have this board in my LW3 and I think it is a must have for all of the Data East games. I couldn't stand the sound of that clicking relay before I installed this board. With the ability to now adjust the flashers it much easier to play in a dark room. Great product with easy installation and programming

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#376 5 years ago

Anyone have one of these in a GnR? How do you like it?

#377 5 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Anyone have one of these in a GnR? How do you like it?

I have one both GNR and DE Simpsons, both are set to default with no adjustments made. I don't notice as much difference with GNR as I did with my DE Simpsons but I'm not as sensitive to it as a lot of people including a friend of mine who says it's ALOT better.

4 months later
#378 4 years ago

Hey guys, if you signed up on the waitlist, please check your email. I've sent an email to each of you asking for confirmation of interest in buying the next batch of kits. Once I hear back from enough of you I can place the order. If you signed up but didn't get an email from me, just shoot me a PM or email and I'll get you confirmed as still interested (or if no longer interested, thats okay, just let me know). Thanks!

#379 4 years ago
Quoted from caker137:

Hey guys, if you signed up on the waitlist, please check your email. I've sent an email to each of you asking for confirmation of interest in buying the next batch of kits. Once I hear back from enough of you I can place the order. If you signed up but didn't get an email from me, just shoot me a PM or email and I'll get you confirmed as still interested (or if no longer interested, thats okay, just let me know). Thanks!

I put in my info after this post. so I wouldn't be in your email list but I am interested.

#381 4 years ago
Quoted from ypurchn:

I put in my info after this post. so I wouldn't be in your email list but I am interested.

Confirmation noted. Thanks!

#382 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

I’m in for Jurassic Park.

Gotcha!

#383 4 years ago

Parts order has been placed! There's still time to get on the list since I order some extras. I'll keep you all posted when I have an expected ship date.

1 week later
#384 4 years ago

Any updates? Getting ready to maybe deplete the fun money funds so I wanna make sure I’ve got some holed back or time to bring in some more.

#385 4 years ago

Cables and kit accessories are done for the next batch. I'm just waiting for boards to come back from the pcb house. I'm guessing I'll be ready to ship around the first week of Sept.

1 week later
#386 4 years ago

Kits are ready to ship to all waitlisters. Invoices are sent; check your email. If you don't see it there or in your spam folder, drop me a message and I can send it again.

After all waitlisters are taken care of I will release all surplus kits to the website for open ordering.

Thanks!

#387 4 years ago

Paid and anxiously waiting

#388 4 years ago

The waitlist is down, and I've put the few extras up on the website for order. I'll add any remaining kits that go unclaimed by wait-list-ers into that inventory at the beginning of next week. Thanks everyone!

2 months later
#389 4 years ago

I've got a few spares left. I also wanted to let everyone know that this might be the last batch I produce (or at least for a long while). So if you're on the fence, grab one while you can from the website! Thanks again for your interest.

#390 4 years ago
Quoted from caker137:

I've got a few spares left. I also wanted to let everyone know that this might be the last batch I produce (or at least for a long while). So if you're on the fence, grab one while you can from the website! Thanks again for your interest.

Having put one in my JP, I highly recommend them - you should pounce on this offer if you are on the fence.

#391 4 years ago

I fully agree. I have them in all my data east machines - GnR, Star Wars and Jurassic Park.

#392 4 years ago
Quoted from caker137:

I also wanted to let everyone know that this might be the last batch I produce (or at least for a long while).

Your ol’ jab to the FOMO bone worked, I ordered another “just in case.” Such a great addition for DE machines.

#394 4 years ago

Has anyone tried this on Monday Night Football? Any reason why it might now work? I would like to order one before it runs out!

#395 4 years ago
Quoted from SWMurphy:

Has anyone tried this on Monday Night Football? Any reason why it might now work?

I haven't heard of anyone installing in that game, but a quick look at the manual and it seems like it should work fine. Maybe open up your game and make sure all the connectors called out on the website install instructions are all present and the same. If everything matches I'd say you're good to go.

https://sites.google.com/site/energimaestro/installation

#396 4 years ago
Quoted from caker137:

"ok ok ok" I ordered it for LW3!! Now all my Data East games will have it installed.

#397 4 years ago
Quoted from caker137:

I haven't heard of anyone installing in that game, but a quick look at the manual and it seems like it should work fine. Maybe open up your game and make sure all the connectors called out on the website install instructions are all present and the same. If everything matches I'd say you're good to go.
https://sites.google.com/site/energimaestro/installation

I have one, but I left it out because there’s not really much reason to put it on MNF. This is mainly for fancy light shows right? I’m keeping it for my TA which does all sorts of crazy fades and such. MNF pretty much blinks the GI once in a while but otherwise not much reason. There’s like 20 individually controlled flashers that go off in MNF but I don’t think this board will change anything for that.

I can test it in my game if there might be a benefit?

#398 4 years ago

I installed it on MNF and it works FYI. The benefit is with multi ball the flashers go crazy and my wife complained that it was blinding so this did the trick and got rid of the annoying clicking.

4 months later
#399 4 years ago

Anyone have one for sale? Not available anymore

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1.25
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 190.00
Lighting
Pinball Haus

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

3,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richmond, VA
$ 33.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 18.95
$ 27.95
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Asheville, NC
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinhead mods

$ 18.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

There are 538 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 11.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/led-gi-smoother-for-data-east/page/8?hl=monkfe and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.