(Topic ID: 111723)

EnerGI Maestro - LED GI Smoother (for Data East)

By caker137

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 538 posts
  • 132 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 days ago by pickleric
  • Topic is favorited by 96 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Would you buy a smoother kit for your Data East Pinball?”

• Definitely! 73 votes
    55%
  • Possibly. 42 votes
    32%
  • Heck yeah, more than one! 18 votes
    14%

(133 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

A55FE5F0-DE14-4F82-8568-5C079B40C815 (resized).jpeg
6C9533E8-5477-4486-B2AF-20CB0257191E (resized).jpeg
20221011_200032.jpg
20221011_200004.jpg
70402D73-53BC-4DBB-8734-998330E4E139.jpeg
6E7A661D-7029-434F-9BED-B8AF6F084A4E (resized).jpeg
20161210_132242 (resized).jpg
working_(resized).png
IMG_1979.jpg
IMG_1980.jpg
IMG_1978.jpg
2015-05-30 12.07.57.jpg
2015-05-30 12.07.08.jpg
2015-05-30 11.44.52.jpg
2015-05-30 11.28.24.jpg
2015-05-30 11.17.26.jpg
There are 538 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 11.
#451 1 year ago
Quoted from Jackaltr:

I very much want to be on the list please!!!!

Hey guys just a reminder, if you'd like to be on the list, please add yourselves here

https://sites.google.com/site/energimaestro/waitlist

2 weeks later
#452 1 year ago

Update:

These are scheduled to arrive to me at the end of this month... as of now.

Craig

#453 1 year ago

Just signed up for my Jurassic Park

#454 1 year ago

Just signed up. Will be adding to my TMNT. Looking forward to seeing the difference.

1 week later
#455 1 year ago

Very much looking forward to adding this to my Baywatch and Star Wars!

1 week later
#456 1 year ago

I'm very excited for this. Played my Rocky and Bullwinkle the other day and I'm pretty stoked for that game in particular.

1 week later
#457 1 year ago

Kits are now ready to ship! if you signed up you should have received a paypal invoice to your waitlist email address. Please check your spam folders if you don't see it, and if you still don't see it send me a pm and I'll get you set up. Thank you all for the excitement level on this batch! They don't look to last too long.

#458 1 year ago
Quoted from caker137:

Kits are now ready to ship! if you signed up you should have received a paypal invoice to your waitlist email address. Please check your spam folders if you don't see it, and if you still don't see it send me a pm and I'll get you set up. Thank you all for the excitement level on this batch! They don't look to last too long.

Received and paid the invoice. Thanks!

#459 1 year ago

Payment sent, thank you for making a new batch for us!

#460 1 year ago

I can't wait to put this in my Baywatch.

#461 1 year ago

Paid, can't wait to get this going in my Checkpoint. Thanks for all the work you put into this.

#462 1 year ago

Glad I got on the list. Thx, caker, for the chance to grab one. Looking forward to getting it on my TftC.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#463 1 year ago

Big batch hit the mail today! Tracking numbers have been sent to your email.

Craig

#464 1 year ago
Quoted from caker137:

Big batch hit the mail today! Tracking numbers have been sent to your email.
Craig

Will there be another batch of these run in the future? I’d like to get one

#465 1 year ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

Will there be another batch of these run in the future?

Unclear. As of now there are some pqrts out of stock again. Assume it might be a while.

The good news: go ahead and put yourself on the waitlist. If i end up with extras from this batch, that's where ill start offering up spares. Usuaully one or two buyers drop out at the end so your odds are good. I only see 1 name on the list as of today.

#466 1 year ago
Quoted from caker137:

Unclear. As of now there are some pqrts out of stock again. Assume it might be a while.
The good news: go ahead and put yourself on the waitlist. If i end up with extras from this batch, that's where ill start offering up spares. Usuaully one or two buyers drop out at the end so your odds are good. I only see 1 name on the list as of today.

I added my name a few hours ago. Thanks!

#467 1 year ago

I just had a freak out moment. When I got home from work today there were Amazon boxes all over the table and one USPS box. THe USPS box caught my eye as unusual, but I was busy with a couple projects I needed to get to right away. I made dinner and my wife had the kids clear the table so they could eat. Trash got thrown out and boxes recycled. I didn't think about that USPS box until seeing this thread update.

Well, I received the package and found the contents that were nicely packed. The bag just got moved to our game table without anyone mentioning to me there was a weird bag of stuff. One thing though, if everything in the bag is the complete contents I have everything, but didn't see any directions.

Sorry if the directions got thrown out or mayble a link mentioned, but I don't know where to install this.

#468 1 year ago
Quoted from RyanStl:

Sorry if the directions got thrown out or mayble a link mentioned, but I don't know where to install this.

https://sites.google.com/site/energimaestro/installation

#469 1 year ago

Did this batch sell out? IE are we waitlisted for the next batch?

#470 1 year ago
Quoted from RyanStl:

Sorry if the directions got thrown out or mayble a link mentioned, but I don't know where to install this

As blackjacker mentioned, instructions are on the website; there should have been a small slip of paper with that URL in the package. Keeping the instructions online keeps them up to date and full of nice color pictures (and videos).
https://sites.google.com/site/energimaestro/installation

Quoted from Zitt:

Did this batch sell out? IE are we waitlisted for the next batch

I usually give the pre-order waitlisters a little while to pay or opt out, and then I will offer up the remaining kits to everyone. There will probably be some extras this time (a few guys always drop off), so I will first consult the waitlist to offer these extras before putting up a purchase link on the EnerGI Maestro website. Should happen around the end of this week.

#472 1 year ago

I received mine today. It was packaged good with all the cables and instruction paper with the web address. Looking forward to getting some time to drop it in.

#473 1 year ago

Received mine today, thanks so much! Installed in Baywatch and Star Wars and what a difference! I'm very happy.

20221011_200004.jpg20221011_200004.jpg20221011_200032.jpg20221011_200032.jpg
Pics before cleanup

#474 1 year ago

Very excited to install this tomorrow!!!

6C9533E8-5477-4486-B2AF-20CB0257191E (resized).jpeg6C9533E8-5477-4486-B2AF-20CB0257191E (resized).jpeg
#475 1 year ago

Hey guys, fair warning if you've signed up on the wait-list, this is your last chance to reply to the email offer for a kit. After today the remaining kits will go onto the website and anyone can buy. If you still want your place in line, shoot me a reply email. If you think you are on the list but did not see the email invoice or offer, shoot me a pm.

#476 1 year ago

I just installed the GI smoother and both my son and I agree. It was money well spent. The instant on and off flashing is smoothed out over a few 30ths of a second on default. I shot a before and after video where I tried to sync up two different parts of the Pre-Multiball and during Multiball portions of the light show. It didn’t jump out as a night and day difference on video at normal speed, but my eyes could see and appreciate the difference in real life...I put up #3 high score on the test play. I slowed down a portion of video to 1 video frame per second to give everyone a better demonstration of how it smooths out the flashing GI. caker137 thank you for making these for us!

A55FE5F0-DE14-4F82-8568-5C079B40C815 (resized).jpegA55FE5F0-DE14-4F82-8568-5C079B40C815 (resized).jpeg

#477 1 year ago

great video.

#478 1 year ago
Quoted from SirMachismo:

The instant on and off flashing is smoothed out

Nice video! Thanks for sharing. Now you can play with programming options like limiting max brightness or keeping dim light on even when commanded to extinguish. One thing i do is set the backbox fall rate to super slow. This effectively stops it from flashing, but still lets it fade to dark when its supposed to be off for a longer period.

#479 1 year ago

I don't know if you'll believe this, but I'm down to the last kit! I put the purchase page back up on the website. First person to get there gets it:

https://sites.google.com/site/energimaestro/buy-it-now

#480 1 year ago

Well that didn't take long....
SOLD OUT

#481 1 year ago

Dang, just found this. I'll definitely get on the waitlist for the next run.

#482 1 year ago

I installed mine tonight. I haven't played much pinball lately so I didn't get to the install right away, but decided to get off my arse tonight. This is such a great product. Well made and came with everything you need. The directions were very clear. One beer install at the most.

What took me the most time was getting tools to predrill, mark the screw locations, and drill the board into the backbox. Everything else is unplug, plug, repeat.

First thing you will notice is no annoying clicking with the flashing of the GI. I got used to it, but without the clicking I thought how did I live with that. I didn't really get into the programming, but don't think I need to.

This mod was worth every penny and those that missed out; I hope you can get in on another run.

1 week later
#483 1 year ago

I noticed that on my Baywatch, the LEDs on the right half of my backbox, which are all daisy chained together, are dimmer than the other half.

I also feel like my left flipper isn’t as powerful. I’ll replace the coil sleeve and make sure it’s moving freely.

Just wondering if this mod could have in any way affected these two items. My gut says no but figured I’d ask

#484 1 year ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

I noticed that on my Baywatch, the LEDs on the right half of my backbox, which are all daisy chained together, are dimmer than the other half.
I also feel like my left flipper isn’t as powerful. I’ll replace the coil sleeve and make sure it’s moving freely.
Just wondering if this mod could have in any way affected these two items. My gut says no but figured I’d ask

What does the Z-connector look like in the backbox? Those are always toasty on DEs and might be giving you a weak connection.

#485 1 year ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

right half of my backbox, which are all daisy chained together, are dimmer than the other half.

I would bypass the board temporarily to see if the two backbox strings still look different.

Quoted from Mattyk:

also feel like my left flipper isn’t as powerful

I can't imagine that would be related to the mod.

#486 1 year ago

Thanks guys I will give this a look/try

#487 1 year ago
Quoted from Mattyk:right half of my backbox, which are all daisy chained together, are dimmer than the other half.

I also should have mentioned, max brightness is a setting in user configuration. Is it possible you just have the 2 strings set to different brightnesses?

#488 1 year ago
Quoted from caker137:

I also should have mentioned, max brightness is a setting in user configuration. Is it possible you just have the 2 strings set to different brightnesses?

I’ve never adjusted the settings so maybe?

#489 1 year ago

The flippers on my Batwatch is exactly how it was before the install. I don't think that would be related.

I would like to explore the programming more, but to be honest didn't really understand the directions.

#490 1 year ago
Quoted from RyanStl:

to be honest didn't really understand the directions

Did you happen to watch the videos from the website?

#491 1 year ago

No, didn't see videos, but I'm going to check out now.

Edit: I just watched the videos and Caker137 you are very thorough. Sorry, I didn't really explore your website before.

2 weeks later
#492 1 year ago

So, now that I've had the boards installed in my games for a bit of time, I have to once again chime in and sing some praise for these boards. When I first heard of these products, I thought that some of the additional programming was a bit excessive and really all I wanted was that smooth rise and fall. This couldn't be farther from the truth.

Big props and ups to Craig for doing the extra work here. Dialing in separate rise, fall, minimum and maximum settings for INDIVIDUAL strings of GI light really pushes this product to the next level. On my R&B, when I installed the board stock and it felt like it took away from some of the synchronic nature of the light show. Hard to articulate exactly why, but with some careful tweaking, I now have the flipper GI set so the minimum is a little below half brightness with a strong GI fade, and the upper GI strings to have a full on and full off with a quicker rise and fall and the effects FEEL stock without affecting gameplay in a critical fashion.

Bravo. Glad I ordered a few extra boards for the next DE game I pick up.

#493 1 year ago
Quoted from radial_head:

Glad I ordered a few extra boards for the next DE game I pick up.

That was smart. Should have thought of that.

1 week later
#494 1 year ago

Added myself to waitlist. Sure hoping another run will become available. Understand the part shortages though.

Quoted from caker137:

Well that didn't take long....
SOLD OUT

4 weeks later
#495 1 year ago

Anyone interested in selling one of these great looking products?

3 weeks later
#496 1 year ago

So, it looks like I found this thread just a few months too late. I just got my first pin in December--a DE Jurassic Park, and the near constant flashing in ball 3 is killing my desire to play it after sunset. While I wait for these to be restocked, is there a way to disable the flashing alltogether? Like, if I pull off the relay cover and remove the spring, will that keep the circuit closed? Or can I remove the relay entirely? I'm not super familiar with pinball boards but I've done a handful of hobby electronics and I know which end of the soldering iron is the ouchie one...

EDIT:
I could have sworn I'd already searched the forum to try to find an answer to the question I asked above, but of course literally moments after I posted, I did another search and found this: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-there-a-data-east-gi-anti-seizure-mod#post-3711236

Quoted from bflagg:

I'm pretty sure CN7 on the power supply board is the relay feed for the flashing. IIRC I unplugged it when I had my Jurassic Park and it eliminated the GI flashing. I just looked at the power supply schematic and that's all the wires on CN7 are for, it's a 3 pin plug on the right side of the power supply.

Sure enough, unplugging CN7 from the power supply board stopped all of the flashing. Thank god; now I can play at night without going insane. Edited to add this so others could find this easier!

2 months later
#497 1 year ago

Revisiting this after a few years. First had it on my Baywatch but then sold it, now just acquired a TFTC. Hoping another run happens soon!

#498 1 year ago

Just signed up for 3. I've installed it in the past but picking up several games that could use it.

#499 1 year ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

Just signed up for 3. I've installed it in the past but picking up several games that could use it.

Nice. Caker said he was a ways out on the signup list. Hoping we can get to that magic number soon!

3 weeks later
#500 11 months ago

Looks like the waitlist is getting a bit more full. I'll take a look for parts availabilty and let you guys know where we stand on the next batch.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 85.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 190.00
Lighting
Pinball Haus

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 18.95
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

4,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 64.00
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

2,856 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Erie, PA
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Asheville, NC
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 29.99
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

2,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Milwaukee, WI
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 538 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 11.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/led-gi-smoother-for-data-east/page/10 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.