• Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Inside Cabinet (resized).jpg
Main Board (resized).jpg
#1 6 years ago

I just replaced most of the bulbs with Comet 2SMD bulbs, it turned out nice with one exception, some of the controlled lamps flicker pretty bad. I have read you can add resisters to all of those lamp sockets, however I am looking for a better solution. I see alltek has boards for some of the early Bally games, however this one is not listed since I think the lamp controls are on the main board. Has anyone found a nice solution to this issue, the LED's turned out real nice, just want to fix the flicker. (yes I know the battery is still on the main board and I will get it off there just have not gotten that far yet)

Main Board (resized).jpgMain Board (resized).jpg

Inside Cabinet (resized).jpgInside Cabinet (resized).jpg

#2 6 years ago

you could make your own anti flicker board very cheap but the time involved would not be better nor easier than soldering a 470resistor across each controlled lamp sockets. get a 100 of ebay for 1$ and get to it.

Well disregard my whole comment I just assumed the circuitry was same.

#3 6 years ago

A loading resistor across a lamp is going to give a ground leak return to adjacent out of phase lamps (I think if I picture the circuit right) resulting in ghosting.

#4 6 years ago

Can't you just replace them with non ghosting bulbs? Or is this a separate issue -im still learning too

#6 6 years ago

I think seigecraft boards would have the some issues as putting a resistor across the lamp sockets.

6803 games have two phases to the lamps unlike a -35 game. So one SCR turns on two different logical lamps. The positive side is the a/b phase and the ground return goes back through the SCRs. I think a resistor across a lamp is going to make the other phase lamp ghost. You can try it tho. If you only have a few lamps flickering, the ghosting situation might not show up.

6 years later
#7 8 months ago

Weebly makes a board for this game completely plug and play.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 33.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Third Coast Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/led-flicker-eight-ball-champ-looking-for-ideas and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.