(Topic ID: 204041)

LED flashers in F-14 TOMCAT

By Defender_LXIV

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

5b6b262e981fa12bf01f10c90f934e2c6fca0b9a (resized).jpg

#1 6 years ago

Hi guys!

Today I finished upgrading my F-14 to LED Flashers.
    But there is one problem. I know that I have to either cut the warming resistors off or desolder the groundwire from the flasher boards.
    But the flashers in the backbox and the two that are near to the upper TOMCAT letters (a blue and a white one) stay on anyway!
    Does someone know how to fix this?

Greets
    Defender

#2 6 years ago
    Quoted from Defender_LXIV:

I know that I have to either cut the warming resistors off or desolder the groundwire from the flasher boards.

There is a flasher board in the backbox behind the insert board.

#3 6 years ago

I know man this one is for these six flashers but I also desoldered the groundwire on this board and they are still lit all the time...
    And that's what surprises me.

#4 6 years ago

That's odd as I just did my F-14 flashers with LED's and after removing all ground wire from Flasher resistor boards per a previous thread and Grumpy's suggestions there, I'm not having any that stay on all the time so something else must be contributing to this.

#5 6 years ago
    Quoted from slapnuts77:

That's odd as I just did my F-14 flashers with LED's and after removing all ground wire from Flasher resistor boards per a previous thread and Grumpy's suggestions there, I'm not having any that stay on all the time so something else must be contributing to this.

ok good to know but what could it be?
    Because there is nothing that's suspicious to me

#6 6 years ago
    Quoted from Defender_LXIV:

I know man this one is for these six flashers but I also desoldered the groundwire on this board

There is a board under the p/f that is tied together with the board in the backbox and both boards must be done together.

#7 6 years ago
    Quoted from GRUMPY:

There is a board under the p/f that is tied together with the board in the backbox and both boards must be done together.

Ok thanks for the tip, I'll check it out tomorrow cause it's 10.30 PM in Germany now and I'll go to bed shortly.

#8 6 years ago

So, I cheked it out and I suppose that you mean the board under the pf which has the pins A (1-8); B (1-8); C (1-8).
    The only pins where no wire is connected to are A7, C4 and C8.
    But the flasher board in the backbox isn't connected to that board... is that correct? Or do you even mean another board?

#9 6 years ago

Two of these boards are tied together and need to have the warming resistors removed on both or the flashers will stay on.

5b6b262e981fa12bf01f10c90f934e2c6fca0b9a (resized).jpg5b6b262e981fa12bf01f10c90f934e2c6fca0b9a (resized).jpg

#10 6 years ago

Oh ok, the resistor board from what you just posted a picture is the only one that has the warming restisors cut off.
    On the other resistor boards I've only disoldered the groundwires...
    So I'll remove the warming resistors on each of these boards right?
    But is there a technical difference between removing the warming resistors and disoldering the groundwire?

#11 6 years ago

If you are removing the ground wires, then you need to to this to all the boards.

#12 6 years ago
    Quoted from GRUMPY:

If you are removing the ground wires, then you need to to this to all the boards.

Yeah, but I did it on all of these resistor boards.
    Thats why I am wondering...

#13 6 years ago

You must of missed one of them. I think there is seven of them in total.

#14 6 years ago

Oh man, I am such an idiot! ^^ You're right, I missed one...
    Don't know how I could be so blind...
    But I'm happy that I just forgot something instead of destroying anything!
    Sorry when I was wasting your time and thank you very much anyway!
    I'll let you know when I finished it (probably in a few days).
    Thanks again! See you

#15 6 years ago

Glad it's something easy to fix.

#16 6 years ago

Gotta love an easy fix!!!

#17 6 years ago

Works fine now and it looks awesome with the new LED flashers!
    Thanks again for your support guys!
    Bye

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/led-flashers-in-f-14-tomcat and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.