Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

2012-09-27_10-31-50_935.jpg
2012-09-27_10-31-23_608.jpg
SM_sling_plasctic_Mods_006.JPG
#1 11 years ago

Hey Everyone,

I ordered up the complete Back Alley Creations add ons for my Spiderman and I wanted to light up the buildings and add an awesome light show. I made the wiring harness up and all of the LEDs are wired on a removable plug so if you need to remove the buildings or subway, they just unplug.

I added 7 sets LEDs flashers to the Building areas (each building has 6 to 12 LEDs in them), a 12 LED flasher on the Sandman, a 6 LED flasher on Venom, and 12 LED flashers on the Subway Train. I am willing to sell these kits, if any one is interested in purchasing them. You will have to do a little soldering to add my wiring harnesses to the existing flashers (EDIT...I finished a plug in play version wiring harness) and I will include complete installation instructions. The LEDs are easily mounted on BAC figures.

I just finished mine and I want to see if there is any interest for me to make up anymore harness or installation instructions. So if you want one please give me a little time to get the ball rolling. .

Current solder kits cost.....

Buildings........$65.00 (Price is for 7 sets of red white and blue LEDs and wiring harness)
Venom..........$8.00 (Price is for 1 set of blue LED and wiring harness)
Sandman.......$16.00 (Price is for 1 set of yellow LED and wire harness)
Subway train..$16.00 (Price is for 2 sets of red LEDs and wire harness)

EDIT..... I will sell the complete flasher upgrade kits for $100.00 plus shipping. You'll save $5.00.

Just let me know how many of what colors you want for the look that you desire.... LED colors are red, white, blue and yellow. Yellows cost me double the price of the other colors and I can get green but they cost a lot more from my supplier.

Here is a video of my Spiderman upgrades it is recorded in 720 HD for better playback.

If you want one of my upgrades kits, just send a PM(email) though Pinside.

Thanks Steve

#2 11 years ago

Looks great. Nice job. Now just need to get me a SM so I can add these awesome mods.

#3 11 years ago

Thanks for the compliment. I am very surprised no one else has talked about this very cool light show modification that I came up with. It makes the building look like there exploding inside when you start the green goblin mode or a multi ball or the doc glows even more red....its a cool effect. I guess I have a one off machine at this time...LOL.

#4 11 years ago

Yea I'll seconds this. Nice job. Are we sure adding so many flashers onto the flasher circuit is safe? I assume they are led flashers? Your kit come with bulbs and instructions or? How much you want?

#5 11 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

Yea I'll seconds this. Nice job. Are we sure adding so many flashers onto the flasher circuit is safe? I assume they are led flashers? Your kit come with bulbs and instructions or? How much you want?

Yes they are all LEDs flashers and on the building circuit where more of them are located (7 sets). My upgrade only draws 350 ma of DC current (.35 amps). I feel is safe to add to the flasher circuit especially if you have already replaced the original flasher bulbs out to LED flashers. It should not be an issue.

Yes the kits will be complete with the removable plug LEDs, (for building and subway removal), wiring harness and instillation directions. As stated in my original post, you'll need to do very little soldering to tie my mod into the flasher circuit (2 wires per mod) and also what the upgrades cost. For the complete upgrade I can sell it for $100.00 plus shipping. You'll save $5.00 .

#6 11 years ago

I just wanted to clarify this concern......

I just did an experiment on what a standard 89 flasher light bulb current draw is and the current draw was 650 ma (.65 amps @ 13.5 VDC). If you have changed out your light bulbs on your SM to LED flashers from Pinball Life for example. These LED flashers draw only 50 ma (.05 amps). So my upgrade flasher kits will be safe to run on the machine because I am only adding 350 ma (.35 amps) to the circuit. This is about 1/2 the current draw of one standard 89 bulb.

2 standard flasher 89 light bulbs will draw 1.3 amps.
2 LED flashers will draw .1 amps.

Steve

#7 11 years ago

Very nice job Steve. Looks great.

#8 11 years ago

Played the game today- wow awesome light show. The video does not do it justice- looks even cooler in person. Great game and a great effect.

#9 11 years ago
Quoted from pin15:

Played the game today- wow awesome light show. The video does not do it justice- looks even cooler in person. Great game and a great effect.

The invitation to stop by my place and play pinball is always open.... I have to also agree with you the video really does not do this light show justice.

I have been talking with Matt at Back Alley Creations about this mod for his buildings and showed him the video. He is all for the improvements to his work. Matt is a great guy to talk to and he suggested if people think the light show is too much (him and I agree it's not) you could install tinted Plexiglas in the buildings to tone it down a little.

Also I am working on a way to install this modification WITHOUT any soldering involved. It will be plug in only installation with directions. That way there is no chance of soldering something wrong and everyone will be able to install it.

More to come......Please let me know if you are interested in this,

Steve

#10 11 years ago
Quoted from HemiOrange09:

The invitation to stop by my place and play pinball is always open.... I have to also agree with you the video really does not do this light show justice.
I have been talking with Matt at Back Alley Creations about this mod for his buildings and showed him the video. He is all for the improvements to his work. Matt is a great guy to talk to and he suggested if people thing the light show is too much (him and I agree it's not) you could install tinted Plexiglas in the buildings to tone it down a little.
Also I am working on a way to install this modification WITHOUT any soldering involved. It will be plug in only installation with directions. That way there is no chance of soldering something wrong and everyone will be able to install it.
More to come......Please let me know if you are interested in this,
Steve

I would be interested in a plug and play solution

#11 11 years ago
Quoted from jhoward1082:

I would be interested in a plug and play solution

OK, Thanks..... I will let you know my progress.... also I was talking to Terry at Pinball Life and this was his suggestion to make it a plug in play. He told me 1/2 of his customers really do not like soldering so that's what direction I am going with this project....

#12 11 years ago

lOOk's Groovy bro .. I'd like to do the Same to my SM p/f !!

SM_sling_plasctic_Mods_006.JPGSM_sling_plasctic_Mods_006.JPG

#13 11 years ago

Looks very cool. The more plug and play the more customers I am sure.

Very nice work.

#14 11 years ago

Great job! I've always thought the building mod is must-have for SM - looks too bare without. Now I'd have to say the same for these lighting mods.

I'm down for the building lights once you have a PnP solution.

Q: the buildings have to be removed before lifting the playfield. Do the harnesses get in the way too and have to be removed?

#15 11 years ago
Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

lOOk's Groovy bro .. I'd like to do the Same to my SM p/f !!

Sure thing BR.... we can finish pimping out your machine, by the way it looks pretty sweet already but you can take it to the next level.

Just some info.....if you are going to need the other mods Matt at Back Alley Creations is running at least 2 weeks to make the building and subway mods. He is very busy with WOZ with JJP. If you want to try the tinted Plexiglas for the buildings windows, you would have the first ones every made. Matt and I talked about this so just let him know what you want when you talk to him.

#16 11 years ago

Great job! I've always thought the building mod is must-have for SM - looks too bare without. Now I'd have to say the same for these lighting mods.
I'm down for the building lights once you have a PnP solution.
Q: the buildings have to be removed before lifting the playfield. Do the harnesses get in the way too and have to be removed?

Hey thanks for the question.....

And to answer it, you are correct, the buildings and subway train need to be removed and the harness will stay attached in the machine and they really don't get in the way when servicing the playfield. I thought of the easiest way to be able to service the machine and still give it the cleanest look possible. There is enough wire to lift up the buildings and subway train and unplug them for removal, then I just tuck the wires ends on the wire ramps to keep them from getting in the way when raising the playfield. Here are a few pictures of my machine with the buildings and subway train off from it.

I have come up with the plug in play solutions, now I need to come up with the parts to do it. I have people look for them to help me go forward with my mod.

2012-09-27_10-31-23_608.jpg2012-09-27_10-31-23_608.jpg 2012-09-27_10-31-50_935.jpg2012-09-27_10-31-50_935.jpg

#17 11 years ago

Well I have sold a couple flasher kits and I have some people waiting for the PnP kits . Thanks for purchasing them, you will love the light show on Spiderman... if anyone is comfortable soldering and wants the kit, you'll be able to get it sooner. Also the plug in play is going to take me a little more time to get it completed and it is looking like it will cost a little more money. I will let everyone know when I know.

Just a note....
Please let me which harness kit you want, the solder kit or the plug in play kit and what colors of LEDs you desire? If you already emailed me... no worries, I got you covered.

If anyone wants to know the colors I used in my Spiderman, here they are:

Buildings are 3 reds, 2 whites, and 2 blues.
Venom has 1 blue.
Sandman has 1 yellow.
Subway Train 2 reds.

#18 11 years ago

I am just about done finishing my Plug-in-Play(PnP) flasher kit for Matt's BAC add ons. The PnP verision is going to cost more because I have more materials and labor involved. It's going to be $145.00 this will include shipping. The solder version is $110.00 with shipping. Sorry for the price increase but I did not plan on it. I spent a lot of time writing and documenting the instructions with step by step pictures directions. If you can use a screw driver you cn install this kit...LOL.

Please let me know if you want one. I have enough current parts to make 4 kits. Then I will have to reorder more supplies.

PayPal payment is fine

Steve

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.95
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Rockford, IL
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Saint Johns, MI
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 25.50
Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/led-flasher-kits-avail-inside-back-alley-creations-buildings-and-subway-train and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.