Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 41 posts
  • 26 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 years ago by DugFreez
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Allright_!!.gif
    br.JPG
    Texas_Pinball_pt_3_005.JPG
    Texas_Pinball_pt_3_004.JPG
    IMAG0416.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider black_rose.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#19 12 years ago

I give Chris a call from tyme to Tyme to see what he's Up to ,, While talk-n 2-nite , he mentioned this Thread . If you have some Led's that go Bad ( Send them back for a refund ) How Simple is that ..
    10-2-1 , for the Trouble and less than $ 2 buck's or Less that it's Gonna cost Ya at the Post office , They will Probably throw in a few Extra's if you ask.. CoinTaker is Here to Please us !! I've spent a few Thousand ordering from them , I've Had a few Bad 1's too, I Alway's order More than I'm Gonna Need , because I Will use them on another Pin down the rd.. The CoinTaker Family might not Post , but they Do monitor . They Also Care !!

In the Pict ,, B_R , Raddroxx , Chris & Melissa

Texas_Pinball_pt_3_004.JPGTexas_Pinball_pt_3_004.JPG Texas_Pinball_pt_3_005.JPGTexas_Pinball_pt_3_005.JPG

#24 12 years ago

Unless you have quite a few go bad at once postage is going to nullify the value of that. Shipping a 2-3 dollar led bulb back in a small envelope is going to end up costing about what the bulb ran to begin with. I guess I will start setting the bad ones aside and eventually turn them in.

Exactly ,, Keep a lil-bag and save the D.O.A 's ,, When you Feel like the bag is Full enough and Your ready make another Order , return the bad 1's for a Refund.. We All Know that Everything is Mass Produced with High Tech Super Fast machines these day's , so there Will be some Dud's ..

I Gotta say CoinTaker has made Pinball More enjoyable for me w/ his Led's and their
    Life-Tyme Discount to Pinside say's Alot ... Allright_!!.gifAllright_!!.gif

#29 12 years ago

Ya, why post this instead of dealing with the source (Cointaker.) I just dont get this. I too have had bad ones as well in a bunch, and NEVER EVER thought about posting up on this website about it. CoinTaker is good people and would take care of you if you have a problem, you just have to contact them.

Consumer Satisfaction !! Gotta have that ...... If you Have a Problem , Address it Here...

#36 12 years ago
    Quoted from Russo121:

I too have had LEDS fail on me, and they came from cointaker. I bought a full led kit for my sttng a couple of years ago, and most of the white insert leds fizzled out in no time at all....
    I contacted cointaker about it when making a further purchase, and they replaced every single faulty bulb without even asking for them back. I was very pleased. Excellent service.
    I havent had anymore from them in a while due to one quite vital issue that i dont know has been resolved. The plastic that the leds were cased in was very smooth and shiny. They basically kept popping out of the insert bulb sockets after extended play and i found it to be super annoying.
    I bought from other vendors and found the plastic to have a 'textured' surface and they stay solid in the insert bulb sockets with no movement whatsoever....
    Can anyone tell me if cointaker still sell these type of leds, or has that issue been long resolved?

You Need to Order again !! About 1 Yr ago ( and you are right ) his Old style Led's , the head would twist Off or fall off at any given tyme and the 555 base's were to thin ( thus Would Fall out ( No More an Issue ) . Now the New Led's Have a More Durable Top and are Brighter . The Only Led that Hasn't been changed is the Purple Frosted due to it being ordered the least.. If you want a Purple hint to Yr p/f , Order the Pink Frosted ( lOOk's more Purple ) or the Super Purple . It took me a while last Year to get used to the New Style , now I use All Frosted Led's for the GI's and most inserts due to how Bright they are now..

the_pin_family ,,, Yr rite to ,, No need to be Pissed for Starting a Thread ask-n if Anyone else has a Similar problem !! I need to edit an Above post !!!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider black_rose.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/led-failures?tu=black_rose and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.