Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 52 posts
  • 12 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by jsrfo
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20161221_192557 (resized).jpg
    There are 52 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 6 years ago

If you are good with soldering SMD's you could give it a shot. How far out of warranty are you? not original owner?

I was wrong though, the LED does have a center slug, see above: Kingbright AAAF5051-04. That will be no fun. heh.

The amount of issues you are having is obscene, I have never heard of that many boards having issues. I would try reaching out direct to jack with a carefully worded honest email describing what has happened so far and see what he can do, PM me if you need his direct email addy.

#52 6 years ago

I have not really done any SMD work, and don't have a reflow station. I am the original owner, and the game's out of warranty, as I got it in 2014.

I could probably do it, though. I work with PCB's a lot, and they don't scare me.

What surprises me is that these now seems to be an LED issue, and not a driver chip issue. So, it seems as if the System 1 lighting issue should be resolved easily by better part selection. Just my opinion. Don't really understand the need to backfit the entire system instead of fixing the weak part.

I understand the going forward use of System 2 lighting, though.

Also, I have spoken with Jack in the past, and they've taken care of things. No issues with JJP at all.

There are 52 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/led-driver-replacment/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.