Topic Stats

• 3 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by drsfmd
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

Hi all, just purchased my first pinball a couple of weeks ago and having a great time playing and learning about it. I thought I would try an led conversion which was going great until I installed the new led flashers in the playfield area which failed to work. The guy I purchased them from said that as these flashers are 12 volt items, I will have to reverse the polarity to get them to work. As I am totally an amateur with any sort of electrics, just wondering if this advice is correct and if this means I have to switch the wires on each flasher housing. I would have thought there were direct replacement items. Anyone know where I can get plug and play led flashers for this gottlieb classic. Thanks Anthony - australia

#2 9 years ago

Most LEDs must be installed the correct way to light due to polarity. They are basically a little circuit with a diode so polarity matters...

If the bulbs you are using have a wedge style base just rotate it 180 degrees to flip polarity. If the flasher has a bayonet style base that you twist into the socket it should already have correct polarity. To test the bulbs you can use a set of wire leads with alligator clips. Clip onto the wires at the socket and touch them to the bulb's terminals while the game is in the flasher test mode. This would allow you to figure out the bulb's polarity and install accordingly.

#3 9 years ago

CBW has some issues with LEDs. On mine I've got a dozen or so sockets that work fine with incandescents, but won't light with an LED.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
Displays
Retrocity
Displays
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/led-conversion-cue-ball-wizard and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.