(Topic ID: 93830)

LED Bulbs. Cut out the middle man, buy from China for $0.07 each????

By barakandl

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 49 posts
  • 30 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by Leeb18509
  • Topic is favorited by 7 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

CJ playfield.jpg
    CJ LED Kit.jpg
    CAM01000.jpg
    CAM01001.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinterest.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#41 8 years ago

Hi - My name is Mike and I'm a bulbaholic.

Can you buy cheap bulbs from China - obviously you can - but it really is a crap shoot whether or not what you receive will be worth the money (more importantly the time) you spend finding the right ones!

I worked in construction years ago and learned something that I'll share with my fellow bulbaholics.

We were remodeling an upscale home and I was shocked to discover that the owners (each who drove a high-end Porsche) had NO TOOLS! Seriously - nothing. No screwdrivers, no hammers, no shovels, no lawnmower - NOTHING. I was dumbfounded wondering how anyone could go through life without any tools. I asked the owner about this one day when he came home from work and learned something that I have actually applied in my own life.

He told me "I have no tools because I hire the experts to do what they do. I hired your company to remodel our home for example. When I get home from work - I spend my free time with friends and family enjoying my life. We have parties, have friends over for cookouts, swim, go out to dinner, hang out and relax. My time is spent more productively earning money doing what I am an expert at. It is cheaper for me to pay you to do what you are best at and the added bonus is - I really get to enjoy my life."

Since then I have also adopted his policy and have found it to work extremely well.

I pay a lawn service to maintain my yard because I don't particularly enjoy yard work. I pay a mechanic to repair my cars although I am competent to do it myself. I pay a dry cleaner to clean my clothing. Finally - and to bring this conversation back full circle - I pay Art to focus his expertise on finding and developing the best LED technology for me to enjoy in my games. I honestly don't mind paying his overhead because he offers this service - and I don't have the time or inclination to become an LED expert - I leave that to him.

Thanks Art - I'll continue to focus on what I do in my day job and continue to patronize your (and other) pinball businesses doing what they do best.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinterest.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/led-bulbs-cut-out-the-middle-man-buy-from-china-for-007-each?tu=pinterest and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.