(Topic ID: 93830)

LED Bulbs. Cut out the middle man, buy from China for $0.07 each????

By barakandl

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 49 posts
  • 30 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by Leeb18509
  • Topic is favorited by 7 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

CJ playfield.jpg
    CJ LED Kit.jpg
    CAM01000.jpg
    CAM01001.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballbulbs.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#12 9 years ago

If only the bulbs we bought were .07 cents each I could make some decent money on this

I have a massive box of maybe thousands of these that are just waiting to go in the garbage. Some are still in the sealed packs cause I never bothered to open more than one pack to realize they were dim and crap.

There are also at least 2 kings of 5050 SMD qualites (the 5050 is the big square LED). The lower quality can be dimmer and burns out faster it seems.

P.s - China just sent us 1800 of an incorrect bulb and we ate $1200 on that. It was their bad, but not a whole lot could be done

#14 9 years ago

Look, my wife made wall art of all the crappy bulbs i got from china during testing phases. CAM01001.jpgCAM01001.jpg

CAM01000.jpgCAM01000.jpg
    #25 9 years ago
    Quoted from Pauz21:

A take from a guy who just placed his first LED order and doesn't really belong in this conversation:
    If I needed a lot of bulbs getting 100 bulbs for $7.00 would be worth sorting through even if 20% didn't work.
    But I have 2 machines... I don't need 100 bulbs of 1 color.
    I've heard the pinball podcast guys push Nifty LED... (I'm a marketing guy) I like admitting that their advertising worked... I went to Nifty to place my order. I was intrigued by the "Free Shipping over $100" and the "$10 flat rate for under $100."
    Unfortunately, I live in Canada... where we regularly get screwed on shipping. Once I filled out an order I realized those offers don't apply... never finalized my order as shipping was too much. (And don't tell me the shipping costs to Canada are legit cause they aren't. I've shipped stuff to the states and it isn't $20 for an envelope,sorry... can't imagine it being THAT much different coming the other way especially since our mail system has one foot in the ground here.
    Then I saw the chap posting on here with Titan LED. I decided to price it out after some communication I had with him about Canadian shipping and was pleased. I purchased around 80 LEDs (Exact number slips my mind) and 3 bottles of Novus and my shipping to Canada was $20. I'd bet $10 of that shipping was the Novus. Can't speak to the quality as I haven't received them yet, but if they're good, I'll support him again. Cut out the price of the Novus and Novus shipping and I'm probably getting my LED's for about .60 each shipped.
    That's a far cry from .7 a bulb (Plus whatever the shipping is) but I'm pleased with my communication and everything so far. And for a guy who only has 2 machines I can live with that price if the quality is there.

We ship to Canada all the time and it is usually $9-$20 (depending on size of order). Shipping 2 kits might be $20, but that is $400 worth of LEDs and a standard order with some random LEDs usually is around $9-12$. Not too bad at all. We charge whatever USPS charges plus a very small percentage for shipping supplies.

Also, the LEDs from Titan Pinball will be dim. Not to make anything of it, just letting you know based on the pics they look to be the ones in the boxes and "Wall art" I posted above. They may be fantastic for your needs, but just a heads up they are the really dim LED bulbs.

If you wanted to place a larger order and shipping cost was an issue for you then you can always email me, I'm happy work with you on shipping and on declared value too

1 year later
    #46 8 years ago
    Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

I order from PinballBulbs a lot and my shipping to Canada is always about $11, and it comes in a small box too, I love them for their shipping price. I do agree with you though a lot of companies overcharge for shipping and turn a profit on it. One of the worst is Bay Area Amusements (BAA), I always pay $40 - $50 in shipping from them and most times the box is the same size PinballBulbs ships me for $11. This shipping rip off really pees me off, so I get where you are coming from.

Thanks for the words! I wrote a specific algorithm using usps hooks to get automatic shipping quotes and then all of our product has a weight entered for it on the site when we add it so it's a fairly accurate quote of what we actually pay. In fact, to Australia I always lose money on shipping because usps api isn't perfect for that country it seems. Oh well though!

Ps - if anyone finds the same bulbs we sell for 7 cents, or heck even 14 cents let me know I am 100% in for a 50k order. Thatd be a steal!!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballbulbs.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/led-bulbs-cut-out-the-middle-man-buy-from-china-for-007-each?tu=pinballbulbs and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.