• Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-612.jpg
image.jpg
#1 9 years ago

I'd like to replace the bulbs on my Tron LE with LEDs. I believe the ones below the playfield are already LEDs so this would be for the GI lighting and wherever else makes sense. I like how the warm white frosted LEDs look in other games for GI lighting but I'm not sure how they'd look on a "cool" game like Tron. Any recommendations or list of number/type of bulbs that I need?

Also, does anyone have an accurate list of rubber sizes/quantities that I need for Tron? I think I'm going to use clear rubbers with blue flipper rubbers.

Thanks.

#2 9 years ago

Go with Cool White on Tron LE. I normally use the Cointaker or Comet 2-LED style for GI - but I found that if you go too bright on Tron's GI, it washes out the ramp lights a bit...so I just went with the regular cheap-o flat-top 1 LEDs from Pinball Life. The color temp works perfectly for Tron, and they're bright enough but not overwhelming.

For rubber, I went with clear ones on mine (also from Pinball Life)...they look awesome. And Blue Superbands!

Download the manual from Stern's website - it shows rubber and bulb locations and sizes.

#3 9 years ago

I also put the clear rubbers on mine and I love how it looks. I only have them on the slingshots right now until I shop it, but here's a couple pics. I just got mine about a month ago and its so much fun to work on and mod!

image-612.jpgimage-612.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

#4 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Download the manual from Stern's website - it shows rubber and bulb locations and sizes.

Thanks. I was hoping someone had a list of parts and quantities since the manual is often wrong. In fact, the Tron manual says (if I'm reading this correctly) it only uses 2 post sleeves, which is obviously wrong.

#5 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Go with Cool White on TRON LE. I normally use the Cointaker or Comet 2-LED style for GI - but I found that if you go too bright on Tron's GI, it washes out the ramp lights a bit...

I had the exact same experience with cointakers. I found that pinballbulbs.com frosted cool white were slightly dimmer and helped with this. Also I left a few out entirely. I also put a few warm white in the center of the back panel that lights up the rear of the playfield.

I like standard black rubber everywhere, but am running blue super bands on the flippers. At first i found them a bit bouncy, but I don't notice the difference any more.

#6 9 years ago

Thought Tron LE was LED? What did it ship with that was incandescent? GI and Flashers?

#7 9 years ago

Clear rubbers look awesome. They do go black after a while, but clean up pretty easily.

#8 9 years ago
Quoted from Grantman:

Also, does anyone have an accurate list of rubber sizes/quantities that I need for Tron? I think I'm going to use clear rubbers with blue flipper rubbers.

Here is a list that I did in a thread a couple of years back:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tron-switching-black-rubber-to-white-what-you-need-and-pbl-links-to-each

This was for our Tron Pro, and the only additional rubber you'd need is the one that's in behind the TRON drop targets (think it's either a 3.5 or a 4 inch but can't remember off hand).

#9 9 years ago
Quoted from DocRotCod:

Thought TRON LE was LED? What did it ship with that was incandescent? GI and Flashers?

Yup

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Huntington Beach, CA
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 26.50
$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/led-bulb-and-rubber-recommendations-for-tron-le and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.