(Topic ID: 244417)

LED blinker bulbs - has randomness been solved?

By Durzel

4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 3 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Coyote
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 4 years ago

I've replaced all the bulbs in my TZ and TAF with LEDs, which means now that the blinkers that were once totally random are basically "slow" or "fast", using Comet bulbs.

Has there been any solution that will make LED blinkers truly random? I found this thread - https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/genuine-ge-455-andor-545-blinker-video - from a couple of years ago, but it doesn't seem like there was a conclusion.

NiftyLED apparently had a random blinker bulb, at least according to
this page, but they were absorbed by Comet and it doesn't seem like they sell this or a comparable bulb anymore.

I have the old incandescent blinker bulbs but as I'm running GI OCD I'd rather not use them unless there is no other solution.

#2 4 years ago

You can still use some incandescent with the OCD I believe. You just can't use many. There are only a few blinker bulbs in each machine so I would think those are fine. herg would definitely know for sure though obviously.

Once I get around to putting LEDs in my TZ i'm probably going to still use the normal 545 bulbs in it. We'll see.

#3 4 years ago
Quoted from pinball_ric:

You can still use some incandescent with the OCD I believe. You just can't use many. There are only a few blinker bulbs in each machine so I would think those are fine. herg would definitely know for sure though obviously.
Once I get around to putting LEDs in my TZ i'm probably going to still use the normal 545 bulbs in it. We'll see.

Yeah, the GI OCD will work fine with #545 blinker bulbs in there. That's what I've been doing for the last year or so.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 22.50
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hanford, CA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 180.00
$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 26.99
Playfield - Other
Lee's Parts

$ 140.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 15.00
Pinball Machine
Uberlaser

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 27.99
Rubber/Silicone
Comet Pinball

26,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Auckland, NZ
Machine - For Sale
Pleasant Hill, MO
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 29.95
$ 63.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/led-blinker-bulbs-has-this-been-solved?hl=pinball_ric and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.