8 years ago

Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by cal50
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 8 years ago

Salut,

I'm asking myself what you (the people who are using LEDs in their games) are doing with the visible bulbs using these plastic colored lamp covers.
    I think the lamp cover is important as it is colored even, if the bulb is not active.
    One main reason why I'm using LEDs is the lower heat, so I would like to change these as well.
    I have not found any LEDs with colored heads, so the only solution would be using the standard lamp covers with LEDs.
    Has anybody used the lamp covers on LEDs and if yes, which (frosted or clear)?
    Should I simply keep the normal bulbs with cover?

Thanks in advance,
    Cheers,
    flugs

#2 8 years ago

It is certainly your choice.

As an example, on a Rocky and Bullwinkle, last week at Gamewarp, the colored wheel, originally has bulb condoms. Now, having done this before, the decision was made to use a clear bullet LED, with the condom on it. By consensus, these looked better then every other choice, but this is our opinion. I see nothing wrong with condoms on an LED, and it is your choice of brightness between clear or frosted. Try them both and see.

#3 8 years ago

Every lamp with a condom I replace I just use frost leds.

#4 8 years ago

I use the Ablaze 3 segment LED's from PBL with the thick condom over them. The thicker condom has better color than the thin ones that gets washed out.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside