11 years ago

Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by TZBen
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 11 years ago

picked up a fish Tales and I think I am going to make it Green-Tastic with cointaker led's.

Should I color match under the green inserts or am I better off going with mostly warm white?

thanks. Going to go the Green flasher route as well haha.

#2 11 years ago

I would do the same color as the inserst. So green insert green led my op.

#3 11 years ago

Color match and also color match the center fish inserts with the color of the fish. If you use white LEDs for those they look awful.

#4 11 years ago

I would suggest color matching everything except yellow. A yellow LED under a yellow insert just doen't have any "POP!" compaired to other LEDs. Go with WARM WHITE under yellow inserts. Cool white will give the yellow insert a greenish tint.

My only other suggestions would be to try colored incandescent bulbs (or the original comdomed bulbs) in the bare condomed locations (stretch the truth location). Frosted, clear, flat, ect....I have never seen a LED in one of these locations that I have liked the looks of. I think colored incandescent bulbs look a little "classier" than the condoms, but there have been exceptions. In every case I have seen, either a colored bulb or a condom looks better than a LED.

#5 11 years ago
    Quoted from DugFreez:

I would suggest color matching everything except yellow. A yellow LED under a yellow insert just doen't have any "POP!" compaired to other LEDs. Go with WARM WHITE under yellow inserts. Cool white will give the yellow insert a greenish tint.

+1000 - He's absolutely right (and normally Cointaker knows this so they make it warm white in their kits for yellow inserts)

#6 11 years ago

thanks.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/led-advice and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.