View topic image gallery

image-104.jpg
image.jpg
fishtales-teal.jpg
ft-spotlights.jpg
photo 2.JPG
photo 1.JPG
#1 9 years ago

Has anyone LED a Fish tales and can they tell me how many leds it takes and what types as in flasher sizes or 55s 44s

#2 9 years ago

I've actually just gone through and figured out what goes where. Mind you this might not be 100% accurate but once I receive my order I intend to rectify some of these to get a real list.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Ed0CwzLXoGQVrbyto_kPgHHksZjGAFsGuC_Hdm0gEAM/edit?usp=sharing

Hopefully this helps you out.

#3 9 years ago

Added commenting so people can give their opinions.

#4 9 years ago

Looks good, but Google spreadsheet wont allow me to scroll down to see all the leds.........how many are you using?

#5 9 years ago

87 + the amount / colors you want for GI and the backbox.

#6 9 years ago

I'm planning to do mine soon. When I LED a machine, I put white LEDs everywhere a white bulb was installed before, except color matching inserts. Also I use side/front flashers according to what's needed now instead of the domed or 5-way flashers, the result is much brighter (better) flashing.

Because of the dimming, you may want to stick with incandescent GI or GI OCD (if more ever get made...)

#7 9 years ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

87 + the amount / colors you want for GI and the backbox.

can I send you my Goole email and you share it with me

#8 9 years ago

The cointaker package is good. About 350 from what I remember

#9 9 years ago

Packages are nice from suppliers but you can save a lot of money by doing it yourself by buying individual bulbs.

#10 9 years ago

Frosted cool white looks really good in the GI.

I used coloured flashers in the backbox, color matched the superbrights in all the inserts, blue superbrights in the topper and a slow colour changer in the Fish eye.

Looks sweet with anti reflective PDI glass in.

photo 1.JPGphoto 1.JPG

photo 2.JPGphoto 2.JPG

#11 9 years ago

Was seriously thinking about LED my fishtales, but the more I play with the incandescents the more I appreciate their strengths.

#12 9 years ago
Quoted from Giardiasis:

Was seriously thinking about LED my fishtales, but the more I play with the incandescents the more I appreciate their strengths.

LMAO!!!!! Just burned-out my GI plastic sockets after playing FT for 3 consecutive hours. Screw incandescents, I am buying done LED's tomorrow.

On the bright-side, I did manage to get 8 "Rock the boats".

1 week later
#13 9 years ago
Quoted from 2manypins:

Packages are nice from suppliers but you can save a lot of money by doing it yourself by buying individual bulbs.

In some cases for sure. We don't have any markup on our kits. They are the same as if you ordered the bulbs and everything off the site and you can get the pinside code on top of that

Here are a few pics for FT:

First one has LEDs in both and our extras in the left side.This was just for a comparison when we first got the game. The real kit is below in that picture. Just posting for some ideas on what to get or how to make it look. Good luck!
ft-spotlights.jpgft-spotlights.jpg

fishtales-teal.jpgfishtales-teal.jpg

#14 9 years ago

Just got my LED from pinball bulbs.com I am super pleased with the quality and outcome of the results. Led's on this machine really make it a thing of beauty!

#15 9 years ago

I agree about the LEDS. I don't agreed about pinballbulbs.com's statement of being the same price as buying each bulb individually. You could LED a machine for much cheaper than their $239.99 kit.

#16 9 years ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

I agree about the LEDS. I don't agreed about pinballbulbs.com's statement of being the same price as buying each bulb individually. You could LED a machine for much cheaper than their $239.99 kit.

Sorry, I wasn't super clear on how I phrased it. Our kits are not simply LED bulb replacements. We include all the LEDs, but also have LED strips and spotlights to make your game's lighting nice and even. Also playable in the dark and won't cause the bliding factor that can happen if you only LED the GI and Inserts with nothing shining on the playfield.

So, I was saying our kits have 0 markup. Which is correct. A lot of them are the same or less than Cointaker, for example, and they include this extra lighting

So, yes you can of course "LED" a game for cheaper than $239. Cheaper being the buzz word here. The pic I posted, the game on the right is fully LED'd with 0 extra lighting.

#17 9 years ago

Where are the spotlights located on the FT?

Looks great by the way, them LED strips really brighten a game up, I bought an AFM with them already installed, and now I want them on all my machines.

#18 9 years ago
Quoted from mark9:

Where are the spotlights located on the FT?
Looks great by the way, them LED strips really brighten a game up, I bought an AFM with them already installed, and now I want them on all my machines.

Top bolt of slingshots. It's hard to tell from the pics but if you zoom in you will see them

image.jpgimage.jpg
#19 9 years ago
Quoted from Giardiasis:

Top bolt of slingshots. It's hard to tell from the pics but if you zoom in you will see them

image.jpg 60 KB

Nice find.

Two are on top of the slings and there is a 3rd, right side bolt directly by two fish targets right before the orbit. Although, not sure I can see it in that picture

#20 9 years ago

Here's the one I did. image-104.jpgimage-104.jpg

8 years later
#21 7 months ago

On my fishtales I can’t get wedge LED’s to fit in the light strip sockets in the topper. Anyone else have that issue?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 84.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pleasant Hill, CA
$ 59.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 220.00
Playfields
Pinball Haus

$ 109.00
Cabinet Parts
Starcade Amusement

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 8.50
Hardware
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 60.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 24.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Watertown, MA
12,500 (OBO)
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/led-a-fishtales and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.