(Topic ID: 78949)

LED a backglass without any hotspots??

By 27dnast

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

D0569597-08AB-49F9-91DA-E63032D1B34A (resized).jpeg
    IMG_2614 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2611 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider colonel_caverne.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#20 5 years ago

Hi there,
    Big up!
    Also looking for advise about lighting backglass with leds for a project.
    Need to be warm but enough bright to highlight it and natural. Maybe adjustable, I will see.
    Looking for pack as need many
    Thanks

#22 5 years ago
    Quoted from FatPanda:

Same advice as above. Frosted tops, warm/natural white. For classics, I typically go with warm white. For anything "Modern" (DMD) I usually go with natural white, which does a good job of updating an older game. Comet 2SMD LEDs work great, and can be purchased in 100 packs.

Yes, it is for classics.
    I saw there was 1 or 2 smd in frosted warm white.
    You advise me 2 smd? It seems great and enough bright to highlight perfectly the artwork of a backglass.

#25 5 years ago

I bought to you 2smd warm white frosted led for 80’s games.
    I hope it will be fine.
    I would have liked to see pic with 1smd and 2smd all frosted.

1 month later
    #28 5 years ago

Hi there
    Here is a early pic of my project. I have a second one to do.
    Pic doesn’t do justice of the reality as it focus on the spot light while lights are more diffuse
    I get an issue with Phoenix BG as I can’t see the lights in the dark paint areas.
    Which kind of light do you advertise me?
    Thanks

D0569597-08AB-49F9-91DA-E63032D1B34A (resized).jpegD0569597-08AB-49F9-91DA-E63032D1B34A (resized).jpeg
    #31 5 years ago

Sorry I forgot to say that I already used twin 2835 smd frosted. This is what you see on the pic for all backglass.
    The difference is that Phoenix is more darker than others, specially Roller Disco and Freefall.
    For example I have 2-3 lights in the lower left corner!

#32 5 years ago

Another question: any advise to fill the blank display areas of W/Stern BG?
    Thanks

#33 5 years ago

What about optix Maximus light from Comet?

#35 5 years ago

It is darkness of the screening.
    I’m reluctant with strip as I wanted to keep the original lightning spirit and highlight the main artwork. But I also don’t want to forget some nice details.
    Thanks for your advises.

Édit: i have just tested twin non frosted that I used on my Met and TWD, and there is absolutely no difference with the twin frosted. I need much more brightness!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider colonel_caverne.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/led-a-backglass-without-any-hotspots?tu=colonel_caverne and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.