political-correctness-voltaire.jpg
PC-7.jpg
dead-horse.gif
92nwBbv.jpg
image-244.jpg
image-943.jpg
walter.jpg
red-bull-stratos.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zsciaeount.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 9 years ago

Had a chance to see TBL in person and flip an early version. I am extremely impressed. The game looks gorgeous, and the shots are fun. The software really isn't much more right now than a few graphics, a few licensed songs, and some random callouts when you hit character shots, but the rolling carpet mech is really cool, and the upper playfield is fun. I wasn't able to get down to the bowling alley during my limited play time.

Overall, the presentation was really very good. It seems like DP really is less interested in making a profit than they are in making a great game, or are at least very shrewd when it comes to positioning themselves as customer-centric. They clearly have a gameplan that will leave themselves in a very good position in this ever-crowded field. The only critique I have for the team moving forward is that they don't want to be too cocky.

I think they know that they're the belle of the ball right now, and that there are a lot of people who are interested in TBL and what the DP team is capable of. But the presentation came off as cocky to the point of being stand-offish, and they took a lot of swipes at their competition during the presentation. Granted, some of it is well-founded, but none of it seemed good-natured. They seemed out for blood.

I'd say to the DP team: let the work speak for itself, and let the customers do the trash talking for you. You don't need to bash Stern and JJP to convince everyone that what you have is the next great thing in pinball. This is a tough business, and you never know when you might need an ally. Put another way, you don't need to point out where your competition falls short to outperform them in the high-end marketplace.

#9 9 years ago
Quoted from sammiesguys:

I asked this question in another thread and got no responses. Has BOP 2.0 shipped yet? Is it being delivered at expo? From what I read on pinballnews, they were expected to to ship first quarter 2014.

Not ready yet.

I'm not saying that DPis doing it wrong. I hopped on preorders day one and my only regret is not ordering two. I'm just saying let the work speak for itself.

#34 9 years ago

Just got back from TBL VIP party. They tweaked it a bit to let us see all the features. This is the real deal. TBL is a strong contender for top 10, even in alpha. It's that good to flip.

So glad I've been on board. These guys have struck gold.

#93 9 years ago
Quoted from Leeb18509:

Am I the only one who thought about pulling out the CC to pre-order just to get into the VIP party? I've seen pics, it looked worth it!

It WAS worth it. And then some.

1 week later
#255 9 years ago
Quoted from wallybgood:

It's like what Lenin said... you look for the person who will benefit, and.... you know what I'm trying to say.

I am the walrus?

#256 9 years ago

I am the walrus?

#257 9 years ago
Quoted from Superchicken:

Do any Stern games use the word fuck? For that matter are there any other pins that use the F bomb? I don't count home roms. I think MM had a rom version with "I'm Howard Hurtz who the FUCK are you?"

There are some f-bombs buried in the AC/DC code if you use pinball browser.

Sopranos definitely has them, and I thought Metallica did, too.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
15,000 (OBO)
Playfield - Decals
ScottyMods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 44.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

14,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ashland, KY
€ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods

Machine - For Sale
Indian Land, SC
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 13,600.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 22.50
$ 210.00

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zsciaeount.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lebowski-presentation-at-expo?tu=zsciaeount and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.