political-correctness-voltaire.jpg
PC-7.jpg
dead-horse.gif
92nwBbv.jpg
image-244.jpg
image-943.jpg
walter.jpg
red-bull-stratos.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider solarvalue.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#70 9 years ago

I was also a little surprised about the delivery style of the presentation, simply because of how they have handled everything else up to this point. All their marketing has been so professional and they have stayed off Pinside and simply let their work speak for itself. Therefore, the presentation was a little bit unexpected. However, I agree with Nate from Coast2coast pinball that Phil was probably just excited and that he was also maybe trying to act out Walter (or multiple characters) from the movie.

However, if I can offer some feedback, I think that for future presentations it would be better to focus on the game more. There is a ton of things on the game that they could of provided detail about. Maybe they could show a Powerpoint with close-up pictures showing sections of the playfield; talk about each part and what they were trying to achieve. They could show the underside of the playfield, inside the cabinet, etc. Then they could explain the modes, music, etc. Finally, they could talk about the factory, payment plans, delivery, etc. with clear charts, diagrams, timelines and such.

They have done such a great job with the theme, concept and the machine itself, I'd like to see more information about the game itself in a talk.

Seems like they did a great job with the rest of their Expo marketing, their vendor space looks great and it looks like a great time was had by all at the VIP parties.

#76 9 years ago
Quoted from RTS:

The two seated guys appeared humble

Phil (the main speaker in the seminar) is their marketing guy. Barry (on the left) is the designer and Jaap (on the right) is the project manager. I get the impression (from what Nate has said on Coast2Coast Pinball) that Barry and Jaap are not so comfortable public speaking in English which is a second language for these guys.

Quoted from iceman44:

I think we are a LONG way of seeing if this game is going to be GREAT

It's very clear to me, right now, that this game is already great, given how they have integrated theme, layout and artwork so far. One thing that came through very well in their presentation is that they are pinball players first and foremost. I think their "immersive pinball" concept (while arguably nothing new) is spot on, pinball should place the player in the world which the game represents. That they understand that is paramount and I believe they are doing that better than anyone else right now.

How good could this game be when complete? I think we are going to finally see a game that can surpass those games of the 90's which have consistently ranked higher than newer games in the various pinball polls. If that happens, we move forward.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

14,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 13,600.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

€ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 44.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

14,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ashland, KY
Playfield - Decals
ScottyMods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

15,000 (OBO)
$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 210.00
$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider solarvalue.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lebowski-presentation-at-expo?tu=solarvalue and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.