Topic Stats

• 265 posts
  • 82 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Euchrid
  • Topic is favorited by 9 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 13 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Garys_JuicyMellons149.jpg
careful man.jpg
thumb_600.jpg
the_dude1.jpg
make_the_donuts.jpg
political-correctness-voltaire.jpg
PC-7.jpg
dead-horse.gif
92nwBbv.jpg
image-244.jpg
image-943.jpg
walter.jpg
red-bull-stratos.jpg

There are 265 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 6.
#201 5 years ago
Quoted from HunchbackHodler:

Oh, so he's just one of those TBL aspies who thinks everyone knows the movie by heart.

We're talking about unchecked aggression here, dude. I did not watch my buddies die face down in the muck so that this fucking strumpet...

#202 5 years ago

Oh, so he's just one of those TBL aspies who thinks everyone knows the movie by heart.

Here, this may help in the DP sub-forum:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0118715/quotes

#203 5 years ago

Thanks Superchicken, for a while there, I thought that only me, you and SdTom were the only ones that saw the movie.
Wally

TILTed post. Sign in to be able to view TILTed posts.
#205 5 years ago

Oooo-kay, you're in the wrong thread I think. Time to go watch TBL instead!

#206 5 years ago

I'm not the one exploiting past military experience on a site like this one, of all places.

#207 5 years ago

I'm not the one exploiting past military experience on a site like this one, of all places.

Wally was just repeating one of Walter's quotes from the movie...

Walter Sobchak: Those rich fucks! This whole fucking thing... I did not watch my buddies die face down in the muck so that this fucking strumpet...

The Dude: I don't see any connection to Vietnam, Walter.

Walter Sobchak: Well, there isn't a literal connection, Dude.

The Dude: Walter, face it, there isn't any connection.

#208 5 years ago

Seriously, you're in the wrong thread or a great troll.

#209 5 years ago

You are a Wild and Crazy Guy.

#210 5 years ago

Well now, that's just embarrassing for someone!

#211 5 years ago

Yes I was made aware of that on the previous page. The argument is no longer about that, nor do I feel like continuing it.

#212 5 years ago

STFU! ......(Donny).

#213 5 years ago

Yes I was made aware of that on the previous page. The argument is no longer about that, nor do I feel like continuing it.

Don't worry. Walter has that effect on everyone. That's what makes him such a great character.

#214 5 years ago
Quoted from Razorbak86:

Don't worry. Walter has that effect on everyone. That's what makes him such a great character.

The guy probably has Aspergers, he uses metaphors that are not obvious to others and does crazy things like his MM project just for the fun of it.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asperger_syndrome

"use of metaphor meaningful only to the speaker,"

"People with Asperger syndrome display behavior, interests, and activities that are restricted and repetitive and are sometimes abnormally intense or focused. They may stick to inflexible routines, move in stereotyped and repetitive ways, or preoccupy themselves with parts of objects."

#215 5 years ago

You're like a child who wanders into the middle of a movie and wants to know...

#216 5 years ago

A real argument starts when someone uses his dead friends. That's not me who did that.

#217 5 years ago

A real argument starts when someone uses his dead friends. That's not me.

Obviously you're not a golfer.

#218 5 years ago

Americans who dont like melons and cannabis leaves....

How do you think that looks when you are from another country?

#219 5 years ago

Exit strategy !!

#220 5 years ago

The guy probably has Aspergers, he uses metaphors that are not obvious to others and does crazy things like his MM project just for the fun of it.
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asperger_syndrome
"use of metaphor meaningful only to the speaker,"
" People with Asperger syndrome display behavior, interests, and activities that are restricted and repetitive and are sometimes abnormally intense or focused. They may stick to inflexible routines, move in stereotyped and repetitive ways, or preoccupy themselves with parts of objects."

Walter Sobchak (played by John Goodman) has that effect on everyone, because he's always stirring the pot. That's what makes him such a great character in The Big Lebowski.

#221 5 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

You're like a child who wanders into the middle of a movie and wants to know...

Yup.

#222 5 years ago

You know Dude, I myself dabbled in pacifism at one point. Not in Nam, of course.

#223 5 years ago
Quoted from Razorbak86:

Walter Sobchak (played by John Goodman) has that effect on everyone, because he's always stirring the pot. That's what makes him such a great character in The Big Lebowski.

I thought you were talking about wally.

Anyways, I respect the movie, I just don't want to see it a second time.

#224 5 years ago

It's like what Lenin said... you look for the person who will benefit, and.... you know what I'm trying to say.

#225 5 years ago

I thought you were talking about wally.
Anyways, I respect the movie, I just don't want to see it a second time.

You might be in the wrong thread

#226 5 years ago

I've wondered into another dimension, a dimension where everyone speaks in TBL memes.

#227 5 years ago

Fuck this movie, I hate it now.

#229 5 years ago

Well, this is a very complicated case. Lotta ins, lotta outs, lotta what-have-yous.

#230 5 years ago

You guys got me good.

#231 5 years ago

Yeah, you might want to give it another shot. I didn't get it until the second time. Then I spent a whole Saturday watching it 4 times in a row. I typically do not laugh out loud much but TBL still gets me every time I watch it.

#232 5 years ago

You guys got me good.
(thank god wally didn't see his friends die, I really believed that one, all effin memes, I mean fucking memes)

Well, okay, you're not privy to all the new shit, so uh, you know, but that's what you pay me for. Speaking of which, do you think you could give me my 20 thousand in cash? I gotta check this with my accountant of course, but my concern is that, you know, it could bump me into a higher tax bracket.

#233 5 years ago

I'll have to watch this movie many times before playing the machine.

#234 5 years ago

Do you see what happens hunchbacker?? Do you see what happens when you find a stranger in the alps?

#235 5 years ago

Ok, fuck it, you guys, Let's go bowling. (all of you guys)
Wally (Walter)

#236 5 years ago

I have to do google searches just to understand you guys. This is not fun!

#237 5 years ago
Quoted from dannylite:

Do you see what happens hunchbacker?? Do you see what happens when you find a stranger in the alps?

okay this scene I remember, best scene in the movie. Something about how it feels to get fucked up the ass. That's me right now.

#238 5 years ago

Ok. Ok. funs over back on topic. I didn't see the presentation. How was it?

#239 5 years ago

Find a stranger in the Alps is the tv censored rephrasing of fucked in the ass.

(The more you know ----*)

#240 5 years ago
Quoted from dannylite:

Fucking awesome.

#241 5 years ago
Quoted from dannylite:

Eight year olds, Dude.

#242 5 years ago
Quoted from dannylite:

Okay, vee proceed, but only if there is no funny stuff.

#243 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Fucking awesome.

Maude Lebowski: Do you like sex, Mr. Lebowski?
The Dude: 'Scuse me?
Maude Lebowski: Sex. The physical act of love. Coitus. Do you like it?
The Dude: I was talking about my rug.
Maude Lebowski: You're not interested in sex?
The Dude: You mean coitus?

#244 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Fucking awesome.

I believe it. I got to hang out with the team later on and they were super chill dudes, even when Mirko was beating the piss out of TBL proto 2. I think they actually enjoyed it. Plus they get the theme 100%. I wouldn't be in otherwise. And most importantly they know how to throw a kickass party.

#245 5 years ago
Quoted from dannylite:

I believe it. I got to hang out with the team later on and they were super chill dudes, even when Mirko was beating the piss out of TBL proto 2. I think they actually enjoyed it. Plus they get the theme 100%. I wouldn't be in otherwise. And most importantly they know how to throw a kickass party.

Yeah, I think a lot of people on Pinside are wondering where all the Kool-Aid came from, but if you chilled with Dutch Pinball at Expo you were drinking plenty. There's just a reason TBL left Expo with so much buzz, people are excited. I know I am.

Not only do DP get the theme, you can't imagine them doing a game where they don't totally get it. Because they understand how central to great pinball the theme is when done properly.

No disrespect to Jack and Gary, but I don't see either of them being able to handle a theme like TBL. Can you see either company putting cannabis leaves on a playfield? It's not their style. This game almost had to be done by the Dutch!

Hobbit showed how not nailing the theme can really bite you. But I'll say this for JJP. There's a man who knows how to makes themes work in pinball.

Ask anyone who's not a pinhead to name two pinball games, and chances are they'll say Addams Family and Twighlight Zone. And now he's being set free to do an original game. So here's hoping he still has the magic.

#246 5 years ago

VAGINA!

Am I wrong!?!?!

#247 5 years ago

So as to not be into the whole brevity thing
the_dude1.jpg

#248 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

No disrespect to Jack and Gary, but I don't see either of them being able to handle a theme like TBL. Can you see either company putting cannabis leaves on a playfield? It's not their style. This game almost had to be done by the Dutch!

Do any Stern games use the word fuck? For that matter are there any other pins that use the F bomb? I don't count home roms. I think MM had a rom version with "I'm Howard Hurtz who the FUCK are you?"

#249 5 years ago
Quoted from Superchicken:

Do any Stern games use the word fuck? For that matter are there any other pins that use the F bomb? I don't count home roms. I think MM had a rom version with "I'm Howard Hurtz who the FUCK are you?"

For Stern, you have to go WAY BACK to Metallica.

#250 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

This game almost had to be done by the Dutch!

I bet their next title is going to feature this:

thumb_600.jpg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Back Alley Creations
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 22.50
$ 50.00
$ 49.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 43.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
14,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lehigh Valley, PA
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 24.50
$ 20.00
Various Novelties
GC Pinball
$ 10.95
Apparel - Unisex
Pinball Wheezer
$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
There are 265 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 6.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside