• Topic is favorited by 7 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

CAM00371.jpg
image-590.jpg
tron-dude.png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinball4ever.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#116 9 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

I know the game is absolutely stunning and looks like a homerun as far as theme integration/cool features go, but can anyone comment on how challenging the actual gameplay is? I haven't played it but it looks like the main playfield layout is fairly basic and doesn't really have many dangerous playfield features to keep ball-times down? Looks like the shots are pretty safe and no magnets to create havoc. Can anyone comment on this? When some of the great players like Lyman or Bowen played it did they tend to have longer balltimes then they would on a Stern game like TWD or ACDC? thanks.

Hey Mike - I can tell you what my experience was with TBL. First off, as you mentioned the game is stunning. I actually couldn't believe they were able to put together a machine that looked that good in such a short time (considering they aren't a major player yet). The lines were quite long to play (20-30 minutes) but it was worth the wait. The display showed "pre-alpha" for the software so that was early. The display itself is phenomenal, and reminded me of a colored version of the large Sega display (just bigger). There were 3 lines but often 1 or 2 of the lines halted due to glitches. The only glitch on the machine I played was the ball sometimes wouldn't register on a switch, most often the bowling alley start. A nudge would fix it, no big deal at all.

As far as gameplay, I thought it played excellent. The shots flowed very well, and the flippers were fairly strong. The right ramp shot up to the mini-playfield was a little tough but not impossible. The mini-playfield was fairly easy, just trap the ball and shoot at either the standard target or down the hole to start the bowling alley. I think I bowled maybe 4 times, and got a strike once. The rest of the shots were pretty safe, but I saw some pretty quick ball times from others. I had a fairly long game and started multiball (3 shots up the left ramp) but nothing happened (early software I would guess). I played one game of TWD and ended up around 70m, so I think both games had similar ball times (for me at least). One thing to remember, they had the tilts set to 10 so you could shake the game if the ball got stuck. I may have tilted on another game as I was really getting into it. I really liked the tilt warnings, a graphic of a drink wobbling on the DMD. Also, the sounds were really good. To me, the game played very similar to a Stern or any other modern pin - just a tremendous effort so far, and I really loved the game. It didn't seem overly easy or brutal, pretty well balanced in my opinion.

If I were buying this game, I would be very happy with the results so far (and it will only get better).

#118 9 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Thanks for the feedback Todd! My biggest regret of not making Expo this year was being able to see and play TBL for myself. Most of the feedback has been on the look and feel of the game so it's nice to know that it also has the gameplay to back it up! There's nothing worse than a game that's pretty to look at but not that fun to play. Sounds like all aspects on TBL are a home run! Hard to believe this is Dutch Pinball's first game. The level of refinement is stunning!

You can tell the game was made with perfection in mind. For example, the details in the bowling alley under the playfield were amazing. It had the diamond graphics from the movie, along with a variable ball rolling mech so it wasn't too easy or too hard. The white Russian glass on the playfield looked real with ice and everything. I'm so glad I waited in line to play it. You're absolutely right, I cannot believe this is their first game.

You won't have to wait too long to play it, one of our local guys is getting one!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
14,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ashland, KY
$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 13,600.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 44.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Decals
ScottyMods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 22.50
$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 210.00
Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
14,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Houston, TX
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinball4ever.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lebowski-footage?tu=pinball4ever and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.