(Topic ID: 104552)

Lebowski balls, please,.. give'm back...

By steigerpijp

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 65 posts
  • 35 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by kidchrisso
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 4 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

hand2.jpg
hand.jpg
TBL balls ransom.jpg
IMG_5054.jpg

There are 65 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 5 years ago

Hi all,

Sadly, when asking about it, I got the news from Jaap that the magnum of champagne presented to the DP guys was not consumed at their afterparty , but brutally removed / stolen from the gifts table at the launch venue. I had attached a set of prototype steel bowling balls and an in& out burger sign.

The involved Lebowski crew were also presented on stage with a pre-production translite, pleased to receive one myself , and unpleased to report that that was also not present when i decided to go home, damn! Luckilly i did get a replacement to ease my pain, but someone had some very sticky fingers indeed last Saturday.

Now the balls mentioned are a bigger problem, they were prepped to be used in the prototypes, visually as real bowling-balls, and I spent a LOT of time getting these sorted, and finally coated to endure serious bashing...but they need testing, please..

..so if the" sticky one" reads this , feel free to send back the balls to the Dutch Pinball adress, no name no nothing , just a brown envelope or so and let DP try to perfect this great machine even more!

IMG_5054.jpg

#3 5 years ago

Sad to hear this Geert.
Hope they turn up!

#4 5 years ago

I can't stand it when people are dishonest.

I hope someone comes to their senses and gives them back.

#5 5 years ago

yes, it sucks and is not in the spirit of the dude at all , or any other spirit for that mattter..

lets hope someone regrets their action and reverses it

#6 5 years ago

extremely undude.....

#8 5 years ago

That thief really has some balls.

Seriously, hope you get everything back.

#9 5 years ago
Quoted from skquinn:

That thief really has some balls.

I like this, very sharp!

#10 5 years ago

Was the venue closed to this event or were there other random customers? Don't want to believe a pinhead did it I guess.. Very undude indeed.

#11 5 years ago

The venue was closed to public for the most of the evening, and my translite was gone before it was opened to any other other customers visiting the grand lebowski, in the end there's is no way of knowing.. its like lenin said, you look for the one who benefits.

#12 5 years ago
Quoted from steigerpijp:

Now the balls mentioned are a bigger problem, they were prepped to be used in the prototypes, visually as real bowling-balls, and I spent a LOT of time getting these sorted, and finally coated to endure serious bashing...but they need testing, please..

This is our concern Dude....

#13 5 years ago

You can have your balls back when we get BoP! Just kidding, hope you get them back.

#14 5 years ago

That's really sad: I really can't imagine someone doing something like that! Not normally, but even less at such a 'pinball interested people party'.
I hope it's a mistake and they turn up somewhere with a strange story of how it happened, that all can laugh about afterwards (but it doesn't really seem possible given how you describe things.....right?)

#15 5 years ago

Wow, freaking ridiculous. Hope whoever took all the stuff gets that karma back a hundredfold.

#16 5 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Wow, freaking ridiculous. Hope whoever took all the stuff gets that karma back a hundredfold.

Their karma is they are lowlife petty thieves and will never have anything, they will have friends that are the same way and they feed off of each other like jackals.
Their mentality is their karma.

#17 5 years ago

The more I think about this the more it pisses me off that some Asshat would do that.

"F*cking dipshit with a nine toed woman"

#18 5 years ago

wow that is something very cruel
i was at the venue myself and i had an blast up there.. the TBL game was very well received.. and i won a translite at the quiz they held which i kept with me all the time under my arm in case someone was thinking of getting it with him or her if i layed it somewhere in the room.. i guess i was right about that there were individuals around with sticky fingers unfortunally

i hope someone will get regrets about it and will send the special balls back to where it belongs..

#19 5 years ago

#20 5 years ago

Not cool

#21 5 years ago

What a ridiculous thing to do. You get invited to participate in something and you thank the event by stealing from it. I am sure someone thought, oh these are just some cheap balls and they won't notice them. Sometimes people don't realize how something as simple as a pinball can impact a whole project like this.

#22 5 years ago

Am I the only one around here who gives a shit about the rules!!!

Give the balls back!!

They do look awesome, though. You did a really good job on them and on the car as well.

#23 5 years ago

Whoever did this: return zee schtuff or vee vill cut off your johnson.

#24 5 years ago
Quoted from zsciaeount:

Whoever did this: return zee schtuff or vee vill cut off your johnson.

Hell who knows, maybe there's a nihilist ransom note in the mail this week:

VeE HaVE youR BallZ , LebovSKi, nOw brinG us zee JoHNson , come AlonE , No ManuAL JeRKing

#25 5 years ago

Sad. Hope you get them back.

#26 5 years ago

Been there last saturday... but had no idea one (or more) participants had the guts to do such a thing. Very Uncool!!!

- Really hope this won't drop your appetite and effort to get on making such cool stuff Geert. You do an AMAZING job to help DP making TBL into an instant classic.

#27 5 years ago

That sucks ! ,but on a side note those look F'in SWEET!

#28 5 years ago

Please make these available retail.

#29 5 years ago

Man those balls really tied the pin together...
Am I wrong, dude?

Great work I hope you get them back

#30 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinmeister:

Please make these available retail.

I'd keep a set on my desk at the office, next to the car....very nice Geert!

#31 5 years ago

I too am interested

#32 5 years ago

amazing people...and they like... were invited to a private party.. and such..not cool.

frags sake.

#33 5 years ago

those are nice, i'd buy that.

give the balls back you stupid lowlife scumbag.

#34 5 years ago

Give the balls back! Free the Dudes Balls... #FreeTheDudesBalls

#35 5 years ago

If they wanted a ball I could have gotten them a ball. There are ways.

#36 5 years ago

...and I hope they remember what happens when you F*%$ a stranger in the A$$...

#37 5 years ago
Quoted from Hougie:

...and I hope they remember what happens when you Find a stranger in the Alps...

#38 5 years ago

yippei-ki-yay, Mister Falcon

#39 5 years ago

TBL balls ransom.jpg

#41 5 years ago

The two pictures appear to be of the same hand. See the dots in the pinkie and pointer fingers.
hand.jpg
hand2.jpg

#42 5 years ago

There are thieves at most pinball/gaming shows. Expo in the past has had several issues with theft from the Vendor Hall when it was closed.

And yes, I believe in most cases, the thieves are pinball people. Almost all of the items stolen would have no value to someone on the outside.

Source:
I attend almost all of the pinball/video game shows in the Midwest and West Coast, and help out at the shows themselves, or in vendor booths.

I guess the temptation is just too much for some to handle.

-Mark

#43 5 years ago
Quoted from zaza:

TBL balls ransom.jpg 50 KB

Please tell me this is not a publicity stunt.

-Mark

#44 5 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

The two pictures appear to be of the same hand. See the dots in the pinkie and pointer fingers.

hand.jpg 27 KB

hand2.jpg 43 KB

this look photoshoped.

#45 5 years ago
Quoted from marcos:

-Mark

i'm starting to think so

#46 5 years ago
Quoted from marcos:

-Mark

clearly someone making a joke, given the context

#47 5 years ago
Quoted from marcos:

-Mark

Sure seems to be.
Sorry if I ruined your bit OP.

#48 5 years ago

Bunch of &*@#'in amateurs...

#49 5 years ago

No, it's not a publicity stunt, more a way to keep this topic in the picture.
The message from OP stays the same: GIVE'M BACK

Sorry for the confusion but I think Mr. sticky fingers already got the message.

#50 5 years ago
Quoted from marcos:

-Mark

No, please be assured it is not, but I can see that this could be a thought that arises, especially after my hand is holding 5 balls instead of 4, in colours I havent used yet good photoshopping !

Maybe more care should have been taken to put valuable items aside, but would you do that if you invited 60 of your friends to a party, at your house/work/venue? I personally like to live free without having to worry about such things, and if it does happen , well, it does.. and has.

So anyone paranoid about this post, put it aside, and don't let the petty thief get that statisfaction too..

enjoy the balls, (hope these untested ones leave great big smears of paint on the inside of their machine) and maybe it is time to close this, the sticky one has probably got the message now.

Geert

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
€ 3.70
$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 21.00
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 259.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 9,099.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
$ 42.00
$ 4.95
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Pro
There are 65 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside