(Topic ID: 173608)

Leaves (and Rodents, Fruit, Lawn, Fire, Air Rifles etc.)

By Wickerman2

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Leaves”

• Hate them 28 votes
      42%
    • Love them 9 votes
      13%
    • Smoke them 15 votes
      22%
    • Rake them all and let the flying spaghetti monster sort them out 15 votes
      22%

(67 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

distracted_raking_leaves (resized).jpg
    Black Hole (resized).jpg
    IMG_2306 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1989 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1787 (resized).JPG
    squirreldeath (resized).jpg
    tape (resized).jpg
    garden (resized).jpg
    Squirll (resized).JPG
    Squirrl 11 16 (resized).jpg
    IMG_2012 (resized).PNG
    neighbor (resized).jpg
    IMG_0380 (resized).JPG
    image (resized).jpg
    Leaves (resized).jpg
    Leavetheleaves (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider blondetall.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#14 7 years ago

This was round one of Leafageddon at my house. I swear there's a driveway under there somewhere. Round two was Acornageddon, which is worse because you will fall and die.

leaves (resized).jpgleaves (resized).jpg

#27 7 years ago
    Quoted from robotron911:

Dear God, what is that monster palm tree I see in the background? In Tennessee! Is it cold hardy?

Quoted from xsvtoys:

Looks like a banana?

Yup, those are banana plants. Since it just finally dropped below the 70s within the past week and we're still in the high 40s at night, they are still going strong and will last until the first few freezes. They never last the full year to be able to produce bananas, but they are nice shade for the greenhouse in the summer and my chickens love to destroy the 6' tall leaves.

The 2 acres of ridges beyond the fence are mine and we don't touch the leaves there. I've got 3 100+ foot tall trees in the front yard that make it look like the driveway, and normally mulch them into the yard. But since it hasn't rained more than 1" since March here, my city is currently literally on fire, and we're under a red alert for air quality... I'm not doing anything. The grass is already crunchy and mostly dead anyway, so I'll get around to mulching/mowing them into the yard once I can breathe outside.

#64 7 years ago

As someone surrounded by squirrels, may I suggest the bird repellant ribbons. I put them in my straw arch garden this spring and haven't lost any tomatoes or squash to birds or squirrels. You can see them hanging from the middle of the arch. I've got them about 6'-7' long, and when the wind blows they cast spots of light everywhere and make a whipping noise.

garden (resized).jpggarden (resized).jpg

tape (resized).jpgtape (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider blondetall.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/leaves?tu=blondetall and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.