(Topic ID: 173025)

Learning to stop the shop

By Skypilot

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Pinball 002 (resized).jpg
    Pinball 003 (resized).jpg
    Pinball 001 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lb1.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3 7 years ago
    Quoted from Skypilot:

I run into this issue every time I have a pinball machine in my possession. I find pins I like to restore. If I see another locally at a fair price I will get it and use it as a fallback for board issues or population of the playfield questions. when the restoration is complete I shop the other pin.
    My issue is that I'm selling this pin,all I need to do is clean it up and make it play well. Why can't I just do that ? I tear shit down that does not need to be torn down. Am I the only one who does this? How do you draw the line and say good enough?

Nothing wrong with that. You have the highest standards as far as your own games go so it's not a surprise you'd go the extra mile to sell a thoroughly shopped machine. I'm sure it's contributed toward having a smooth transaction and a happy buyer. Being a standup guy with an impeccable reputation is priceless.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lb1.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/learning-to-stop-the-shop?tu=lb1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.