Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 19 posts
  • 15 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by cody_chunn
  • Topic is favorited by 9 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1054.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider eeperjesi.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#13 9 years ago
    Quoted from pinwizard1:

I am of course, trying to learn all I can and am wondering how you learned. Perhaps you have a good book recommendation or video series. Just trying to further my knowledge for future pinball repair and of course bigger projects around the house.
    Thanks!

Having worked in home restoration and renovation, I can tell you with absolute certainty that learning how to diagnose and repair pinball machines is a completely different animal than "bigger projects around the house." I spent two years of college in computer engineering school before switching to business school, and reading schematics is still very foreign to me. In fact, last night, after three months of pinball ownership, I had my first AHA moment where reading a schematic made perfect sense to me. I credit the above-referenced www.allaboutcircuits.com for that moment. It's rather math intensive, and sometimes feels like homework, but the understanding you will gain, even just in qualitative analysis will be invaluable. It will take some time, but I'm working through it at the same time, so if you have any questions feel free to pm.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider eeperjesi.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/learning-electrical-engineering?tu=eeperjesi and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.