(Topic ID: 109484)

League scoring and slight venting.........

By Street

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 32 posts
  • 16 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Ferret
  • Topic is favorited by 7 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ahanson.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#26 9 years ago

I've played a few times now in the leagues here in Minnesota (Blainbrook). There are a couple leagues around here and I'm not sure how the others go but the last one we did was 10 weeks, random groups of 4 play on 5 machines randomly selected each week for the first 8 weeks and the last 2 weeks are seeded based on total points. Depending on the number of players there are some groups of 3 which will play against the "average" score on each machine for the night with the top 2 and bottom 2 scores dropped for the calculation. After the 10th week, your worst 2 weeks are dropped to give an adjusted score. We do a 5-3-2-1 point system with a .5 point for a goal score and .5 bonus for top 4 overall score for the night on each machine.

Previously we'd done 4 random draw and 6 seeded weeks but then the same people play against each other each week and we're trying to make it more social, and really the top people rise to the top either way.

We're pondering tweaking the format for next time to do random groups each week with the exception of the top 4 from the previous week just to make it a bit more interesting.

I think it's tough to balance trying to both be social (get to play everyone) and bracket players by skill level. I like the random groups though since I think it's fun to learn tricks from better players and socializing with everyone rather than the same people each week.

I think there are quite a few good things in the FSPA format that I wouldn't mind trying to incorporate into the way we do things.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ahanson.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/league-scoring-and-slight-venting?tu=ahanson and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.