Topic Stats

• 3 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Chosen_S
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 5 years ago

Very basic question for complicated task... Trying to add my own audio to a Stellar Wars pin. I have an audio trigger board loaded with sounds.If I test it with a micro switch you click it , the ground & live wires I have attached touch so I get a connection and the board knows to play a sound. I assumed leaf switches have the same basic setup. 2 non touching pieces of metal, push button so metals touch and the machine knows there was a connection. Problem is when I attach the wires to a leaf switch it keeps "talking" meaning there is some sort of connection between the 2 pieces of metal. I even stripped the 2 wires connected to the switch to make sure there was no cross contamination but it still kept looping the sounds because there was a constant current flowing. Am I not understanding the basic premise of a leaf switch?

FYI, Both metal pieces on the switch(es) are not accidentally touching.I made sure of that

1 month later
#2 5 years ago

Are you using the games leaf switches? Or separate switches just for the audio trigger board?

#3 5 years ago

So I learned this the hard way with gamaTron as well , The audio trigger board must have its own switches, if you use switches that are in the game used for game logic, the audio trigger board will get false positives, you will need to figure out a way for the leaf switches in the game to trigger other switches that connect to the audio board

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 150.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop
Displays
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
Boards
Tools
Pincoder Store
Tools
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Playfields
Troxel Repair
Playfields
$ 130.00
Electronics
KAHR.US Circuits
Electronics
$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball
Led
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/leaf-switch-audio-trigger and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.