• Latest reply 7 years ago by uncle_jose
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Pinball_Roll_Over_Targets_-_Demolition_Man_(resized).JPG
#1 7 years ago

My top left (wire) rollover leaf switch "died" and I'm looking for a replacement, the only "close" to it is what Marco calls "SWITCH - FLIPPER CABINET NORMALLY OPEN"

http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/SW-10A-48

Do you think this switch will work? couldn't find the right part number on Williams' part catalogue... or (for sure) I over saw it.

Thanks!

#2 7 years ago

That's a flipper button cabinet switch. It wouldn't really work as a rollover switch.

What exactly is wrong with the switch?

If the switch contacts are dirty, pinch them together and run an index card through them a few times until you see no more grime coming off the switch contacts onto the card. You should then be able to see the shiny metal of the switch contacts.

If there is a problem with a leaf and/or contact, you can get those separately and then just pop the switch stack apart to install them:

http://www.pbresource.com/pfswitch.htm#wmsu

#3 7 years ago

No, that is the wrong switch. Is this a orange roll over button switch or the type of switch that sticks out of playfield? For either one, post in "em parts wanted thread". Someone will have one laying around.

#4 7 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

If there is a problem with a leaf and/or contact, you can get those separately and then just pop the switch stack apart to install them:
http://www.pbresource.com/pfswitch.htm#wmsu

Yep. If a contact on switch leaf is missing, broken, or just too badly worn simply take apart the stack and rebuild it yourself, takes a little time/finesse, and you will learn more on being creative for future switch repairs.

It seems like every time I buy Marco Cabinet flipper Switches for Williams EM machines in particular I have to take them apart and rebuild them specially for that machine as out of the box they are not configured properly.

#5 7 years ago
Quoted from EM-PINMAN:It seems like every time I buy Marco Cabinet flipper Switches for Williams EM machines in particular I have to take them apart and rebuild them specially for that machine as out of the box they are not configured properly.

I have the same problem with most of PBR switches I purchase for WMS EM's. Steve told me that is because most of the switches are spec for gtb and I just have to modify them.

#6 7 years ago

Well, long story short... the switch got "stuck" on my sleeve while working on the cabinet and got bent "beyond recognition", lol!

The type of rollover is the "wire-type". Pic for reference.

Pinball_Roll_Over_Targets_-_Demolition_Man_(resized).JPGPinball_Roll_Over_Targets_-_Demolition_Man_(resized).JPG

#7 7 years ago

you may be able to take it apart, and bend the blade back again, if no damage occured during the sleeve encounter

#8 7 years ago
Quoted from Dr_of_Style:

you may be able to take it apart, and bend the blade back again, if no damage occured during the sleeve encounter

I might give it a try, just "hate" how all these tiny things "explode" as soon you loose their screw... lol!

#9 7 years ago
Quoted from uncle_jose:

I might give it a try, just "hate" how all these tiny things "explode" as soon you loose their screw... lol!

Put some tape around it temporarily to help keep it together.

2 weeks later
#10 7 years ago

Fixed with tape and the leaf adjuster tool combo, phew! Still hating those tiny blades in combination with my fat fingers... thanks to all!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 4.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Oceanside, NY
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/leaf-switch-alternative-for-rollover-wire and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.