(Topic ID: 239756)

Leaf blower to clean out cabinet debris?

By currieddog

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21 posts
  • 14 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Mitch
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
    #1 5 years ago

April Fool's!!!

#2 5 years ago

I use a garden hose and rinse everything out really nice. I've thought about busting out the pressure washer too.

#3 5 years ago

i usually douse it in gasoline and set it on fire. kills 99.9% of odor-causing bacteria.

#4 5 years ago

I'm lazy....when I buy a game, I prop playfield up in back of truck before leaving....if there is anything left in it when I get home, I hit the automatic car wash. I pay extra for a wax coat of course.

#5 5 years ago

I wheel my machines into the car wash.

#6 5 years ago
    Quoted from pacmanretro:

I pay extra for a wax coat of course.

Recommend over Trewax? Has to be easier than fighting with the pops.

#7 5 years ago
    Quoted from bigehrl:

douse it in gasoline and set it on fire

Now, just to be sure, how much gas do you use and is it ethanol based?

#8 5 years ago
    Quoted from currieddog:

Recommend over Trewax? Has to be easier than fighting with the pops.

Big secret! They are actually the same thing!

The scent is slightly different however, so you may consider some pinetree air fresheners for your shooter rod.

Hint, for an extra fresh scent, cut out the center of several pinetree fresheners and install them as pop bumper skirts. Really freshens up your game!

#9 5 years ago

For the true EM collector, that mellow mildew scent is pure Chanel number 9.

#10 5 years ago

I like to clean the backside of my backglasses with a moistened Brillo pad. Does a great job of cleaning away any yellowing or black dust left by the bulbs. They come out so clean, you can see right through them!

#11 5 years ago

You say April fools, I say it works great to get the dust off after sanding to prep for a hardtop installation.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    #12 5 years ago
    Quoted from Tsskinne:

You say April fools, I say it works great to get the dust off after sanding to prep for a hardtop installation.

Sure, mock us by lookin' all professional and stuff.

#13 5 years ago
    Quoted from Tsskinne:

[quoted image]

I have also done this. I have a LGBT blower. After sanding an entire cabinet, I first sucked all of the dust out then blew out the rest.

#14 5 years ago
    Quoted from Mikala:

I have also done this. I have a LGBT blower. After sanding an entire cabinet, I first sucked all of the dust out then blew out the rest.

Lawn and Garden Blowing Tool?

Or is that Leaf and Grass?

#15 5 years ago

Wasn't there a gal who was literally spraying a playfield with a hose? Remember seeing it somewhere.

#17 5 years ago

See, it's okay because she probably remembered to pay for the hot wax at the car wash. Water beads right off.

#18 5 years ago

Oh shit....I really do this sometimes....

#19 5 years ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Oh shit....I really do this sometimes....

It’s actually ok as long as you spray everything good with WD-40 the day before.

#20 5 years ago
    Quoted from Sea_Wolf:

It’s actually ok as long as you spray everything good with WD-40 the day before.

See? Some people here give that stuff a bad rap.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/leaf-blower-to-clean-out-cabinet-debris and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.