Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 20 posts
  • 17 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Pecos
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DSCF3236 (resized).JPG
    DSCF3237 (resized).JPG
    pasted_image (resized).png
    #1 6 years ago

Hi all.
    Anyone got a old usable leaf adjuster tool spare that they don't mind sending to the UK for an EM fan?
    I would pay postage costs of course.........
    Expensive to buy new from the US, and as far as I know hard to get in the UK?

Cheers
    John

#2 6 years ago

$US5.95 from Marco & probably another $US9 post. That does not seem expensive.

http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/77-SWK-B

#3 6 years ago

John have you checked with The Legend? He's showing out of stock but often has the odd spare stuff around
    https://pinparts.co.uk/products/klein-magnetic-1-slash-4-tip-hollow-shaft-nut-driver-77-nutdriver

#4 6 years ago

Thx for that, I've ordered from him before, great service.
    Might contact him through PinballInfo..

#5 6 years ago

Pinball mania here in the uk sell them or, try best of pinball in Germany, they sell them too. Not too bad for a few other spares either

#6 6 years ago

Off topic, but I've busted a couple of these. I wish they were made from something a bit stronger..

#7 6 years ago
    Quoted from bonzo71:

Off topic, but I've busted a couple of these. I wish they were made from something a bit stronger..

I've seen someone take a small flat-head screwdriver and dremmel out a straight line down the center of the blade.

#8 6 years ago
    Quoted from bonzo71:

I've broken a Pinball Life one, but the ones the Pinball Resource sells haven't broken yet.

#9 6 years ago
    Quoted from stevevt:

I've broken a Pinball Life one, but the ones the Pinball Resource sells haven't broken yet.

I've been using the same switch adjustment tool for the past three years or so, and it came from PBL. Guess I've been lucky with it so far.

#10 6 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

I've seen someone take a small flat-head screwdriver and dremmel out a straight line down the center of the blade.

I like this idea and will try it with and older screw driver. I've broken both the pinball life and pinball resource models. Anyone else feel these are a bit overpriced?

#11 6 years ago

You can dremmel a slot in an allen key.

1 week later
    #12 6 years ago

I did order one from Marco. Used it very little and feels really sturdy. I could dremmel out a slot into a fat straight screwdriver , but handling dedicated tools feels good

#13 6 years ago

Just kidding.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#14 6 years ago
    Quoted from maglar:

Just kidding.

That is really funny! I like a little humor once and a while!

#15 6 years ago

I cut a slot in the end of a allen wrench w/a dremel as well. Works good for free...........

#16 6 years ago

It's kind of resourceful and cool to make your own. With that said the tool is only $4.56 at Pinball Resource. I bought one years ago and have never needed another.

#17 6 years ago
    Quoted from BanditBoy:

Hi all.
    Anyone got a old usable leaf adjuster tool spare that they don't mind sending to the UK for an EM fan?
    I would pay postage costs of course.........
    Expensive to buy new from the US, and as far as I know hard to get in the UK?
    Cheers
    John

*Sigh* Sorry, but I found a complete extra set of alignment tools back in July, but I've already given them to another fellow Pinsider.

#18 6 years ago

I've always used the ones from PBR. Never broke one... Lost many.

#19 6 years ago

Is this whole thread about asking for a free tool to be sent in the mail for only the cost of shipping? Just checking.

#20 6 years ago

I bought one of those leaf adjuster tools from one of the pinball vendors, don't remember which one. One end broke during normal use and when I tried to bend the other end, it broke too. It acted like cast metal, not very strong.

I have done without for about two years now, using my fingers or a regular screwdriver. That is a far from ideal solution and this thread got me to thinking about a tool that could be used to easily adjust those copper leaf switches.

I picked this up at Harbor Freight today for less than $2.00.

DSCF3236 (resized).JPGDSCF3236 (resized).JPG

I added some heat shrink tubing so I wouldn't be scratching the leaf switches.

DSCF3237 (resized).JPGDSCF3237 (resized).JPG

I don't know how this will work out. I would prefer a 90 degree angle pair of pliers. Harbor Freight only had 45 degree angle pliers. With the heat shrink tubing, the end of the pliers are a bit big to fit in between the leaf switches. So, this is far from ideal, but I think it is a good start. I might do some more experimenting by removing the heat shrink tubing and painting the tip of the pliers.

Edit: Actually, the 45 degree angle pliers might turn out to be easier to use. Serendipity is a wonderful thing!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/leaf-adjuster-tool?hl=banditboy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.