• 29 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by arcademojo
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

download (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zimjoe.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#41 7 years ago
Quoted from Soonerbrink:

My daughter went to the doctor and had a high level of lead in her blood.

Wow, I feel for you. I live in a 100 year old house and every flake of paint is a potential poisoning. I ended up buying an industrial HEPA vac just for cleaning up after any paint work; it's rated for lead and asbestos work. I also use it for cleaning the basement, because who knows whats down there.

We made sure the kids were tested a lot when they were little.

We tell them never to put any toy in their mouth. My kids will flat out tell you that if it's made in China, it's poisonous and will make you stupid. 100% true? Probably not, but there are real safety issues with toys made overseas.

We had friends who had an issue with lead exposure. It was some dumb upcycled antique with flaking paint. Their daughter would eat the chips, because they had a sweet taste. Her words not mine, I didn't taste them. They were quite panicked until they found that source.

I hope the levels drop and you figure out where the source of the lead is coming from.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zimjoe.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lead-exposure-question?tu=zimjoe and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.