Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 196 posts
  • 86 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by o-din
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Funko Deadpool.jpg
    blogger-image--1241857294 (resized).jpg
    20180907_182012 (resized).jpg
    download (resized).jpg
    macca1-418311 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0055 (resized).JPG
    THOSE (resized).jpg
    the campaign (resized).png
    EC831C03-0F6B-4672-AC8D-45265C4D975A (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wdpvideo.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#138 5 years ago

Well, I agree kinda. I saw a video of Steve Richie saying any time you take a ball and drop in on a play field they dimple. I didn't know what all the fuss was about until I stuck a Star Wars Pro out, an 5,000 balls later it looked like a golf ball course. It was heart breaking to see, I can't remember the time an old Williams game looked like that years on a route. However, the real truth is they used to soft of wood to save a buck and make money. However, my HUO units I don't see it as much. I love my LE's and I will keep buying them when I love the title and fun to play. I am not a guy to pay 8 plus K and then take a 2K loss. I'll just keep it and enjoy it. You can hate my LE's and most of the time, I like the art package of the premium's much more. When I buy a pin I am not looking to play it and flip it once a new title hits the market. LE's are getting out of hand prices wise, but so are premium's and pro's. I'll just love my LE's and move on.

#140 5 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

Not true.
    The cheapest hardwood in North America is Hard Maple AKA Sugar Maple.
    That's why for the last 80 years playfields are made of it
    That's why bowling alleys are made from it
    That's why basketball courts are made from it

That's why guitar necks are made from it.
    -
    There are softer species of Maple available, but they are too expensive to use for playfields.

Yes that why my NBA play fields look great and the Star Wars pro looks like Swiss cheese because no one tried to cheapen the game

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wdpvideo.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/le-s-new-releases-and-ripping-people-off-wtf?tu=wdpvideo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.