Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 196 posts
  • 86 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by o-din
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Funko Deadpool.jpg
    blogger-image--1241857294 (resized).jpg
    20180907_182012 (resized).jpg
    download (resized).jpg
    macca1-418311 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0055 (resized).JPG
    THOSE (resized).jpg
    the campaign (resized).png
    EC831C03-0F6B-4672-AC8D-45265C4D975A (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider j_m_.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#62 5 years ago

<begin I'm going to sound mean, but...

I've said it before and I'll say it again, until people STOP putting money down for non-refundable deposits on games sight unseen, the LEs are going to continue to sell out and nothing will ever change. (why would it?

as far as the value of LEs going down in the secondary market, stern couldn't give a rat's @ss about this (they already got their cheddar from the initial sale. they don't see a dime of secondary sales

to the people that bought into the hype that was the BM66 SLE, I feel both sorry and not sorry for them at the same time. stern's been doing this for a while and to plunking down $15K to purchase a game sight unseen is just crazy and you've got no one to blame but yourselves. a sign on the wall should have been the fact that they doubled the number of these supposed super limited editions to take more money in. do I blame them? not one bit. they are a business and if you were a shareholder, you'd be tickled pink

but hey! look on the bright side, it's only been 2 years and they're still pumping out code updates. maybe before year 3, you'll see that v1.00 code

end stark raving mad post>

#99 5 years ago
    Quoted from hank527:

I think the price point is about to break. Any further increase by any manufacturer is going to be met with a lot of resistance.

really??

tell that to the 88 people that paid $15K sight unseen for the batman 66 SLE and the 200 people that lined up and purchased ALL of the re-themed spider-man home editions [supreme] for $10.5K (and up) in less than 10 mins

those may be small numbers, but all 500 of the iron maiden LEs sold out fast too and those were north of $9K

#133 5 years ago
    Quoted from Damonator:

Uh yea, because Tron LE is the best game ever made.
    The only thing keeping it from being a $20k title is the threat of a vault edition.

LEs used to have a [real] screened glass backglass, not a translite taped to the backside of a glass plate

#145 5 years ago
    Quoted from wdpvideo:

Yes that why my NBA play fields look great and the Star Wars pro looks like Swiss cheese because no one tried to cheapen the game

last time I checked, and don't quote me on this because I didn't stay @ a holiday inn express last night, but basketballs, sneakers and fleshy players don't create/apply the same amount of force to the playfield as a steel pinball does when making contact

edit: lol. I just re-read the quoted post and for some reason I thought that he was comparing a pinball playfield to an actual NBA (basketball) playfield

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider j_m_.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/le-s-new-releases-and-ripping-people-off-wtf?tu=j_m_ and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.