Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 196 posts
  • 86 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by o-din
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Funko Deadpool.jpg
    blogger-image--1241857294 (resized).jpg
    20180907_182012 (resized).jpg
    download (resized).jpg
    macca1-418311 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0055 (resized).JPG
    THOSE (resized).jpg
    the campaign (resized).png
    EC831C03-0F6B-4672-AC8D-45265C4D975A (resized).jpeg
    There are 196 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.
    #151 5 years ago
    Quoted from Lermods:

I thought it was poplar or birch.

Those are also common hardwoods, but neither is as hard as Hard Maple.

There are are a few Metallica games that actually have Birch playfields - they were manufactured in Europe where they don't have a Maple syrup industry to supply Hard Maple.

#152 5 years ago
    Quoted from gliebig:

Morning wood is the hardest.

Yes, but try to find that in your local Lowe's store!

#153 5 years ago
    Quoted from Indypin:

Yes, but try to find that in your local Lowe's store!

She found her wood at Lowes this morning.

blogger-image--1241857294 (resized).jpgblogger-image--1241857294 (resized).jpg
    #154 5 years ago
    Quoted from wayout440:

She found her wood at Lowes this morning.

She can find wood, but she sure don't know how to stack it....

#155 5 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

She can find wood, but she sure don't know how to stack it....

She can stack wood anyway she wants in my book......

#156 5 years ago

No price increase from Maiden LE to Deadpool LE, from what I’m hearing no increase from Deadpool LE to Munsters LE.

But what’s really going to be funny is when people see the final game and what all that’s in this game they’re going to wonder where the hell did all the money go to for the Deadpool LE build of materials.

#157 5 years ago
    Quoted from mnpinball:

No price increase from Maiden LE to Deadpool LE, from what I’m hearing no increase from Deadpool LE to Munsters LE.
    But what’s really going to be funny is when people see the final game and what all that’s in this game they’re going to wonder where the hell did all the money go to for the Deadpool LE build of materials.

So, we need to double down and buy a Munsters LE to even things out! LOL

#158 5 years ago
    Quoted from mnpinball:

Because we all know, a game isn't shit if it don't got that juicy BOM!

Seriously, fuck that noise. Is it going to be fun to play? Only thing that actually matters. I
    hope people are starting to realize this.

These are toys. Expensive toys that no one is being forced to buy. Fun wins in the end.

#159 5 years ago

Plus this is a hobby last time I checked.

If you got lucky in flipping a few for few bucks those days have ended. Plenty of supply of new and existing titles have brought things back in check.

Get used to NIB machines depreciating (if you buy NIB) - like typical hobby does.

In the meantime enjoy playing and buy new or used whatever your hobby budget allows.

#160 5 years ago
    Quoted from mnpinball:

going to wonder where the hell did all the money go to for the Deadpool LE build of materials.

C'mon Stern spent a considerable amount on BOM for Deadpool. I mean that Funko figure had to have cost them at least $9.00

Funko Deadpool.jpgFunko Deadpool.jpg
    #161 5 years ago
    Quoted from ectobar:

Because we all know, a game isn't shit if it don't got that juicy BOM!
    Seriously, fuck that noise. Is it going to be fun to play? Only thing that actually matters. I
    hope people are starting to realize this.

I totally agree nothing else matters but gameplay, but I tell you what- when I opened my Star Trek LE for the first time I was pleasantly surprised. It literally blew my mind how cool and loaded the LE was. It is a bonus when you get a fantastic playing game with a high BOM at the same time.

If Stern loads up the Munsters and Beatles LE(and if they play well)-they will do very well.

My problem is I have set a ceiling of $8000 for a LE, so it looks like I may be out depending on whether distributors will be willing to negotiate or not. Honestly I am kinda over the whole LE thing-Premiums have been just as good and often the art on the Premium is better anyway. Time will tell

#162 5 years ago

Should be interesting to see what happens with Deeproot next spring. We could have 6-10 new releases shipping or being announced all at the same time! There are only so many hobbyist who can shell out $8-$12k for a new game and the used market is already clogged with <5 year old games. Once NiB purchasers find they are getting 60 cents on the dollar (or less) to unload their shiny LE/CE, they are going to question whether they want to make another new purchase. Any kind of a recession will only exacerbate the situation.

Everything points to a bubble getting burst next Spring. This event will be known forever on Pinside as the "6th day of Deeproot".

#163 5 years ago
    Quoted from Rondogg:

Everything points to a bubble getting burst next Spring.

Again?

#164 5 years ago

Hey, I called for pinball dying for good in 2007, so maybe I don't know wtf I'm talking about? Good call.

Nice job announcing the Euro Championships, watched a little this morning, good work.

#165 5 years ago
    Quoted from pinmister:

If Stern loads up the Munsters and Beatles LE(and if they play well)-they will do very well

Beatles is supposed to be Stargazer or seawitch playfield update single level. Kapow !

#166 5 years ago
    Quoted from mnpinball:

Beatles is supposed to be Stargazer or seawitch playfield update single level. Kapow !

And 9000 dollars

#167 5 years ago
    Quoted from Rondogg:

Hey, I called for pinball dying for good in 2007, so maybe I don't know wtf I'm talking about? Good call.
    Nice job announcing the Euro Championships, watched a little this morning, good work.

Thanks man!

#168 5 years ago
    Quoted from mnpinball:

I'm sure after Paul telling everyone yesterday that he, Lennon and 3 other guys used to sit and masturbate in a circle together, the Beatles pin is out.

Come together........

#169 5 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

I'm sure after Paul telling everyone yesterday that he, Lennon and 3 other guys used to sit and masturbate in a circle together, the Beatles pin is out.
    Come together........

Well, Lennon did say happiness was a warm gun.....

#170 5 years ago
    Quoted from mnpinball:

What a waste of what could be one of the best themes to come across Stern's desk. Doing a retheme with a single level game with one of the best potential themes in history?-I think I am sick now

I am interested in Munsters, but it will all come down to how it plays- no way in hell I will go in blind. I got to play Deadpool yesterday and it did not do it for me. Liked the music and art and that was about it. Really like the theme, and I want it to grow on me but it felt cheap and the call-outs are horrible(Not even close to characterizing Deadpool-rated G-for give me a break).

#171 5 years ago
    Quoted from pinmister:

What a waste of what could be one of the best themes to come across Stern's desk. Doing a retheme with a single level game with one of the best potential themes?-I think I am sick now
    I am interested in Munsters, but it will all come down to how it plays- no way in hell I will go in blind. I got to play Deadpool yesterday and it did not do it for me. Liked the music and art and that was about it. Really like the theme, and I want it to grow on me but it felt cheap and the call-outs are horrible(Not even close to characterizing Deadpool-rated G-for give me a break).

I'm just the opposite, Seawitch is a fantastic layout and people have been begging for a classic stern vault. If they can do a really nice retheme and make a couple of small tweaks to the layout it will be exactly what many people have been asking for. I give stern major props for continuing to push the envelope and to make different style games. Many people like all the different eras of pinball, not just modern dmd games.

#172 5 years ago
    Quoted from jgentry:

I'm just the opposite, Seawitch is a fantastic layout and people have been begging for a classic stern vault. If they can do a really nice retheme and make a couple of small tweaks to the layout it will be exactly what many people have been asking for. I give stern major props for continuing to push the envelope and to make different style games. Many people like all the different eras of pinball, not just modern dmd games.

Yeah - but are you going to pay $10,000 for a Seawitch?

Seawitch is a cool game. But not $10,000 cool. And I’d prefer a Seawitch with the Seawitch on the backglass, rather than SeaBeatles.

rd

#173 5 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

Come together........

Beat the Meetles
    We can Jerk it Out
    I wanna hold your gland

#174 5 years ago
    Quoted from pinmister:

What a waste of what could be one of the best themes to come across Stern's desk. Doing a retheme with a single level game with one of the best potential themes in history?-I think I am sick now

This exact concept is literally what EVERYBODY HERE has been jerking off relentlessly for over a year.

TNA anybody?

#175 5 years ago
    Quoted from rotordave:

Seawitch is a cool game. But not $10,000 cool. And I’d prefer a Seawitch with the Seawitch on the backglass, rather than SeaBeatles.
    rd

No I wouldn't. I'd probably consider paying 6k for a NIB one though. Time will tell what it costs. If the license cost as much as rumored and its truly a limited one time release it's hard to guess what stern is going to think its worth.

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

This exact concept is literally what EVERYBODY HERE has been jerking off relentlessly for over a year.
    TNA anybody?

Yeah but this is stern, did you forget how much they suck? No cool person likes stern.

#176 5 years ago
    Quoted from mnpinball:

Well that's one more that's not coming my way! WTF

Joe and Kapow are out of their ever loving F ing minds.

And now, he has to be flipping out over the "circle jerk" story. I wouldn't be able to play that pin without that image in my head!!!

Why couldn't they say they had nightly orgies with the hottest groupies on earth?

Maybe they did both?

#177 5 years ago

Maybe Stern realizes they have hit the tipping point on LE price increases?

Did they sell 150 Deadpool LE's through to the customer? I'd be surprised.

#178 5 years ago
    Quoted from mnpinball:

That could be great. Interested to see if that happens.

#179 5 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

Well that's one more that's not coming my way! WTF
    Joe and Kapow are out of their ever loving F ing minds.
    And now, he has to be flipping out over the "circle jerk" story. I wouldn't be able to play that pin without that image in my head!!!
    Why couldn't they say they had nightly orgies with the hottest groupies on earth?
    Maybe they did both?

Oh come on like you've never rubbed one out with a bud! You've never been drinking, hanging out with a pal, talking about MASSIVE TAX CUTS and getting all excited and one thing lead to another?!

And I'm pretty sure there's plenty of groupie stories already, Paul was just mixing it up.

#180 5 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Oh come on like you've never rubbed one out with a bud! You've never been drinking, hanging out with a pal, talking about MASSIVE TAX CUTS and getting all excited and one thing lead to another?!
    And I'm pretty sure there's plenty of groupie stories already, Paul was just mixing it up.

MASSIVE TAX CUTS are great for companies like Stern BUT they take a back seat to Apple profits

A circle jerk and "mixing it up" is a bad idea.

#181 5 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

Maybe Stern realizes they have hit the tipping point on LE price increases?
    Did they sell 150 Deadpool LE's through to the customer? I'd be surprised.

Seems to be selling pretty well. Is that bubble finally going to burst that everyone has been blabbering about for 6 years?

#182 5 years ago
    Quoted from mnpinball:

Nice way to ruin the greatest license of all time.

#183 5 years ago
    Quoted from rotordave:

rd

Sea Monkeys could work

#184 5 years ago
    Quoted from usandthem:

Nice way to ruin the greatest license of all time.

People would bitch no matter what it is or how its done.

#185 5 years ago
    Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Sea Monkeys could work

A $10,000 SeaMonkeys would be as bigger gyp as the actual SeaMonkeys you got back in the 70s lollll

They never looked like the pictures. 100,000s of disappointed kids around the world ... think of the children!

rd

#186 5 years ago
    Quoted from jgentry:

People would bitch no matter what it is how its done.

If an Iron Maiden-themed pin ends up being better than the Beatles, that would be a shame. But we'll see how it all shakes out. Rumors are rumors.

#187 5 years ago

I heard rumors they are gonna have Lyman rework the monster bash code for Beatles

#188 5 years ago

I heard a rumor the Ghostbusters code update is scheduled to drop in 2026.

#189 5 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I heard rumors they are gonna have Lyman rework the monster bash code for Beatles

Paul's Patent instead of Lyman's Lament?

#190 5 years ago
    Quoted from JodyG:

I heard a rumor the Ghostbusters code update is scheduled to drop in 2026.

Wrong 2025. LOL

#191 5 years ago
    Quoted from jgentry:

Seems to be selling pretty well. Is that bubble finally going to burst that everyone has been blabbering about for 6 years?

Yes

#192 5 years ago

Just need to know which month and year now?

#193 5 years ago
    Quoted from cpr9999:

The year will be 2019, cannot help out with the month..

#194 5 years ago
    Quoted from cpr9999:

November 2018

#195 5 years ago

Munsters LE for $7k based on November?

1 month later
    #196 5 years ago
    Quoted from rotordave:A $10,000 SeaMonkeys would be as bigger gyp as the actual SeaMonkeys you got back in the 70s lollll

So who's in on one of these Beatles "Certified Collectible" games?

There are 196 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/le-s-new-releases-and-ripping-people-off-wtf/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.