(Topic ID: 249946)

LEDOCD what is it and why should I purchase it?

By drewbo81

28 days ago

Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 28 days ago by Bischt
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 28 days ago

I’ve scoured pinside for a simple explanation and have not found one. Explain like I’m 5...what does LED OCD board do? Is it worth the $$$? I’m putting LEDs in BSD and would like to know more. TIA for any input.

#2 28 days ago

I think you are talking about the LED OCD board. Have you visited the website? The simple explanation you are looking for is the second sentence in.

http://www.ledocd.com

I have bought 3 of them. They take the harshness of LEDs and make them more fluid. Easier on the eyes. No on/off flash headaches. You can tweak every single bulb as if it had it's own dimmer installed.

Worth every penny.

#3 28 days ago

Makes LEDs behave/look more like traditional bulbs, but you still retain the color, brightness and energy savings of LEDs.

#4 28 days ago

It took care of the ghosting issues with my RCT. Didn't matter what brand/type of LEDs I had in there. After LEDOCD it works perfect, so yes, was worth it to me.

#5 28 days ago

On some titles, it's a "must have" if you upgrade your traditional bulbs to LED. I have it on LOTR and TRON. Without this board, the LED's look awful. LOTR is probably the most dramatic, since it has a lot of "fade" effects with the incandescent bulbs.

#6 28 days ago

Thanx for all the responses. I appreciate the help.

#7 28 days ago

Only 2 things you need to know.
    !.) LEDs without BOTH OCD boards suck. Sharp, ghosting issues taken care of.
    2.) GIOCD is especially needed on some games to maintain certain illumination features such as dimming in Funhouse as an example.

#8 28 days ago

It is a great product that makes LEDs behave more like incandescent bulbs in terms of smooth on/off transitions and dimming but does not take anything away from the benefits of the bold looks and low energy/heat use of the LEDs.
    Also, unlike some other mod makers that are all the buzz right now, the seller Herg does not spam the forums trying to sell the product to everyone to squeeze every ounce of profit out of the sales as possible, and the price/profit margins have been kept reasonable compared to most other mods that required significant engineering.

#9 28 days ago

It "fixes" your LEDs to look correct. It's one of those things where if you never use one you'll be OK, but if you use one you won't want to go back to the old way. For most games you don't really need the GI one, just the controlled lamps one.

Although for a game like TOTAN the GI one is a must because of all the animating of the GI it does. It goes from a strobe fest to what it is supposed to be.

Definitely a must for stern spiderman since it does that thing where a lit shot will be a brighter light than the others.

It's sorta like Color DMD, money willing just add it to every machine you can. Although I would prioritize Color DMD over LED OCD.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 5,599.00
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    $ 200.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    Playfield - Protection
    Pin Monk
    $ 84.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 19.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 35.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    3D MODS
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 200.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    $ 76.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    € 8.10
    Flipper Parts
    Buthamburg
    $ 30.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    Apparel - Unisex
    Pinball Wheezer
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Sparky Pinball
    $ 129.00
    Displays
    Pappy's Pinball Palace
    $ 249.99
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Id Rather Play Pinball
    $ 179.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 84.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 76.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 25.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Filament Printing
    $ 5,799.00
    Pinball Machine
    Little Shop Of Games

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside