6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by flipordie
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“What do you think about LCD screens instead of normal DMD ones?”

• I like LCD screens better then DMD screens. 42 votes
      65%
    • I like DMD screens better then LCD screens. 12 votes
      18%
    • I don't have a preference. 2 votes
      3%
    • I don't care as long as I can play pinball! 9 votes
      14%

(65 votes)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider robdutch.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 6 years ago

Hello everyone, I have something in my mind and I'm sure I'm not the only one:
    I really don't like the fact that almost every new game gets a big LCD screen instead of a normal DMD, it takes alot of the classic feel away for me. Also more animations take away the attention from the playfield and makes it look like a Virtual Pinball machine. What're your thoughts about this?

#7 6 years ago

Thank you all for your input and thoughts! Like with all other products that're being made, you can't stay behind on technology and innovation. LCD screens do open up new opportunities and yes I think the future will be there, not with DMD screens. Might be a case of getting used to on my side, will have to play those new machines more haha!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider robdutch.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lcd-screens-in-new-machines?tu=robdutch and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.