Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 110 posts
  • 55 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by toyotaboy
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

ScreenHunter_01_Sep._24_20.13.jpg
    LexiLightspeed.jpg
    phone1.jpg
    wash1.jpg
    image-738.jpg
    image-270.jpg
    image-469.jpg
    image-78.jpg
    image-332.jpg
    image-828.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Yamisetatiggler.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#75 9 years ago

As I mentioned on a similar thread... This is an opportunity to get a new generation interested in pinball without destroying the game itself. Why not have networked video modes to play against some one else as a feature, it might get them hooked on the game itself, then play some more and get a little better each time. Then they see an older machine somewhere and think "I know how to play this" and have a half decent game. It can build from there, Its kind of how I got started as an 8yo on Supersonic, even with the intro of video games at the time, I was hell bent on pinball.
    Not sure about the rest of the world but down here in Oz (Australia) pinball is very much on life support. Very difficult to find in the wild- even the arcades are full of crap games issuing tickets for plastic junk. New machines are ridiculously expensive to play let alone buy and they have to evolve or be left for collectors only.

No one on this topic has mentioned the first thing I thought of when I saw WOZ... AWESOME ADVERTISING SPACE!!! When its not in use it can be used to sell, and the owner or venue can then charge for the space, making another form of income from one machine. I know its killing the art, and I probably sound like a sell out, but if it means I can walk into a bar and PICK which machine to play, I think its worth the sacrifice.
    As far as I can tell the biggest problem is finding a way to get machines back out into the public space, this is just a way of achieving it in this totally exploited, commercial world of ours.
    I am now getting off my soapbox....

#82 9 years ago
    Quoted from 27dnast:

Yup

That might true for some folks, no doubt about it. I wouldn't characterize myself as being threatened by it. I'm behind JJP all the way...I think their entry into the business has been huge and the ripple effect is being felt. If their next game comes out with a really unique implementation of the LCD that alters my (personal) game play experience, I will gladly eat my words! And I hope that happens!

Good point (and I think I heard that Jack may have eluded to this at the NW Pinball Show...in terms of new code coming out that will allow this to happen...someone might be able to shed more light on this). But couldn't advertising have been implemented into DMDs? Seems like it would be easy and simple to do. Yes, it wouldn't be as bold and big...but any DMD could have programed ads...and a smaller LCD in place of a DMD could do the same.

Yeah you can advertise on DMDs but you don't have the option of taking a customers USB stick plugging it in and all their artwork, logos, etc appear in full HD on screen. People want to just plug in and not worry about having to get something programmed just to advertise on a pinball machine. Being able to swap out advertisers easily is key to it being successful. Most people don't feel nostalgic when it comes to their branding and want to see it in its full graphic glory...

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Yamisetatiggler.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lcd-screen-in-place-of-translite-not-necessary?tu=Yamisetatiggler and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.