Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 136 posts
  • 48 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by KAPSIG1
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

toast.gif
    crying-boy.jpg
    Boy-That-Escalated-Quickly-Anchorman[1].gif
    mario_kart_gp_2.jpg
    fruit-ninja-fx.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Yamisetatiggler.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#97 10 years ago
    Quoted from Darkslide632:

When someone finally realizes that an inverted webcam could be integrated into the back-box and that pinball fans could network together using wifi, the LCD is going to become a whole lot bigger deal. When I can play a game with friends across the globe, watching their game on my LCD, chatting via integrated voice chat and maybe, just MAYBE even influencing the game (think remote player controlled playfield toys, or - perhaps - modes only available or even accessible in "remote player mode" ) then the LCD is going to have a market that no DMD game can ever have. Weekly WoZ tournament from the comfort of your living room/game room, anyone?

If I wasn't poor I'd already have a patent.

I completely agree. This is an opportunity to get this generation interested in pinball without destroying the game itself. Why not have networked video modes to play against some one else as a feature, it might get them hooked on the game itself, then play some more and get a little better each time. Then they see an older machine somewhere and think "I know how to play this" and have a half decent game. It can build from there, Its kind of how I got started at 8 yo on Supersonic, even with the intro of video games at the time, I was hell bent in pinball.
    Not sure about the rest of the world but down here in Oz (Australia) pinball is very much on life support. Very difficult to find in the wild- even the arcades are full of crap games issuing tickets for plastic junk. New machines are ridiculously expensive to play let alone buy and they have to evolve or be left to cater to collectors only.

No one on this topic has mentioned the first thing I thought of when I saw WOZ... AWESOME ADVERTISING SPACE!!! When its not in use it can be used to sell, and the owner or venue can then charge for the space, making another form of income from one machine. I know its killing the art, and I probably sound like a sell out, but if it means I can walk into a bar and pick which machine to play, I think its worth the sacrifice.
    As far as I can tell the biggest problem is finding a way to get machines back out into the public space, this is just a way of achieving it in this totally exploited, commercial world of ours.
    I am now getting off my soapbox....

#100 10 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

Instead of a giant display

Why not both? As long as there is a ball getting hit by button controlled flippers, why put any restrictions on it?

#101 10 years ago
    Quoted from wayout440:

Not that I like it

Nobody likes it... except for marketing scum (cue Bill Hicks) But like you said, it is an inescapable part of the world we live in. At least we could use it to our advantage somewhat.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Yamisetatiggler.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lcd-in-pinballs-whats-the-point?tu=Yamisetatiggler and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.