Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 136 posts
  • 48 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by KAPSIG1
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

toast.gif
    crying-boy.jpg
    Boy-That-Escalated-Quickly-Anchorman[1].gif
    mario_kart_gp_2.jpg
    fruit-ninja-fx.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Darkslide632.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#10 10 years ago

When someone finally realizes that an inverted webcam could be integrated into the back-box and that pinball fans could network together using wifi, the LCD is going to become a whole lot bigger deal. When I can play a game with friends across the globe, watching their game on my LCD, chatting via integrated voice chat and maybe, just MAYBE even influencing the game (think remote player controlled playfield toys, or - perhaps - modes only available or even accessible in "remote player mode" ) then the LCD is going to have a market that no DMD game can ever have. Weekly WoZ tournament from the comfort of your living room/game room, anyone?

If I wasn't poor I'd already have a patent.

#87 10 years ago
    Quoted from Fatsquatch:

Sorry, but this is a terrible idea. Just absolutely terrible.

Well, with a well thought out response like that, how can one argue!?

The good news is that you don't have to like it. I don't like playing games on my xbox or computer with other people, so I don't. I enjoy the game as it exists for single player, and no one is any worse for wear. Far Cry 3 was a great game even without having to interact with other people. The ability to log on to a weekly pinball tournament with people on the other side of the country from the comfort of my living room, though? I like that idea. I have a feeling that a lot of people would like that idea. In fact I think if you take a look at the most recent best-selling games, you'll see that most of them are games that have both single and multi-player options.

As far as people not liking to talk, or see other people... well, I also disagree.

Of course some people will just be happily buy AFM clones with different toys in the middle and be alright with that. And some people actually like playing EM games. Shocker. Different people like different things. Hard to believe, I know. Regardless, the point is that the LCD opens up a whole world of creative opportunities.

If there's one thing I've learned on this site, it's that some of you would bitch even if a pinball machine transformed into a minature Mega Maid and cleaned your house while you were at work...

#90 10 years ago

I like when my thoughts are not worth debating. That way I don't have to debate them. I can just go on knowing I'm right.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Darkslide632.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lcd-in-pinballs-whats-the-point?tu=Darkslide632 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.