stern_lazerlord_backglass_front_01 (resized).jpg
Pinball Hall of Fame Entrance (resized).JPG
joe (resized).jpg
snapperhead (resized).jpg
d216c05521d26f8012ee844205a9e55956e9687d (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider luzur.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#33 6 years ago

We...we need a video of it, seems no one have ever filmed it in action.

#43 6 years ago
Quoted from frobozz:

There was no way to video it. It was disassembled, with physically no good way to reassemble it without cabinet repairs. The head had been separated by pulling EVERY connector off of every board in the backbox and feeding the entire harness down into the body. Admittedly better than the usual clueless old-Stern owner who takes bolt cutters to that last bundle that they can't find a connector for (it snakes down to the power supply) but still, would take some effort to put back together.
He had an offer of $3K. He had a group offer of $5K. He had an offer of "I'll beat that $5K offer." I told him those people were going to be mightily disappointed when they showed up and saw the condition, and he said he wasn't trying to fake anyone out, and I believe him, but he just really doesn't know anything about pinball and doesn't understand the meaning of that. Clay fixed that issue though by posting those pictures!
He saved the thing from a dumpster, literally. He did hit the jackpot. I don't blame him for trying to maximize his jackpot, and use the money to buy a working game, because that's all he really wanted originally, was a pinball to play. It's just that the jackpot isn't as big as he was originally thinking it was, and it may take some time before he sees that. Or who knows, maybe someone with a spare Freefall parts cabinet and more money than sense will give him his payday. For the sake of that rich buyer, I hope the EPROMs have not lost their bits.

Huh, well if i was a rich man i would give him the cash just to get the game into more safer hands, this scenario sounds like "meh im done with this, back into a dumpster it goes" about to happen.

#148 6 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

If I buy it, I'll gladly post what I paid for it.
What reason would I have to keep it a secret?
If I buy it for $2K, and sell it for $1M the buyer will know I made a profit, so what?
If I buy it for $2K and donate it to the PHOF, does Tim care?

Yeah i never understood why people are ashamed of what they paid for stuff.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider luzur.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lazer-lord?tu=luzur and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.