lzr (resized).jpg
image-10 (resized).jpg
stern_lazerlord_backglass_front_01 (resized).jpg
Pinball Hall of Fame Entrance (resized).JPG
joe (resized).jpg
snapperhead (resized).jpg
d216c05521d26f8012ee844205a9e55956e9687d (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 395 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 8.
#351 6 years ago

Pinside.com logo

games
top 100
community
pin map
biz
forum
market
events
HQ

PinsideMail thread with igo4rams

» Connect » PinsideMail » “Regarding your Pinside ad: Lazer Lord prototype”

Following:PulsePinsiders you follow
Your connectionsFollowers and following
PinsideMailPrivate Messaging Inbox

“Regarding your Pinside ad: Lazer Lord prototype”

Pinsider igo4rams started this PM thread on Wednesday September 6th 2017 at 06:36pm.

Is this message thread spam? » Please report it here!
igo4rams tedandjen

Message #1 of 40 3 months ago

???
igo4rams

Inactive member

<1y 31k 67 3/1
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/53954
Hi,

I am a pinball collector near Grand Rapids, Michigan. I would be interested in your game. You are correct it is a prototype. You have what is called a white board. There is a game out there that has the art work on the playfield. You can see the game at:http://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=1421&picno=62867
I not sure what your game is worth, please let me know what you want. I would like to have a chance at getting a game like this. It would be worth much more if it had the art work on it.
Thanks, Ken
Message #2 of 40 3 months ago

???
tedandjen

Pinside member

US Yorkville, IL

<1y 15k 28
Thanks for the info and interest. You are welcome to make me a offer at any time. BTW the layout looks a little different on that one. Guessing mine was from the beginning stages of development. Hope Gary Stern calls me back today and can answer some questions for me. Thanks Ted
Message #3 of 40 3 months ago

???
igo4rams

Inactive member

<1y 31k 67 3/1
Ted,

After some looking, I see what you are saying. Your game must be what they wanted at first. Then it looks like they went with a copy of the game Quicksilver: http://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=1895 So does your game play? I wonder if the software it the same as the final game. Your cabinet is not the same as the final game either. Looks like all you have is the same backglass. Really not sure what to offer. If you get offers you don't like let me know. If you had the final prototype you could do well. But not sure on a prototype to the prototype? Still interested.

Thanks, Ken
Message #4 of 40 3 months ago

???
tedandjen

Pinside member

US Yorkville, IL

<1y 15k 28
Yes im sure mine was in the beginning stages of development. Im a plumber and not an electronics guy. It looks complete but i dont want to mess anything up by plugging a bunch of wires in. It looks like it will need to be gone through. I did get a offer of $2000 so far. Thanks Ted
Message #5 of 40 3 months ago

???
igo4rams

Inactive member

<1y 31k 67 3/1
Ted,

That sounds like a good offer. I was thinking more in the 1k. You may get some tire kickers and talkers too. I am a serious pinball collector and am off this week and have the money cash on hand. Hope it finds a good home. Thanks for messaging me.

Ken
Message #6 of 40 3 months ago

???
tedandjen

Pinside member

US Yorkville, IL

<1y 15k 28
Ok thanks Ken. I will keep you posted.
Message #7 of 40 3 months ago

???
igo4rams

Inactive member

<1y 31k 67 3/1
Ted,

Just a note: The one thing we don't know is, was the MPU (control board/ mother board) programmed for that playfield and scoring? That would make a big difference. The game would not be playable with out the Programming. This may have been a playfield concept and never made it to programming. Did the person whom sold you the game say if it played "OK" at one time. Or you can look at the MPU and see what chips are in the game chip locations. Can you send me a close up pick of the MPU board? The MPU board should say Stern 200 or 100 on it.

Ken
Message #8 of 40 3 months ago

???
tedandjen

Pinside member

US Yorkville, IL

<1y 15k 28
I will post pics of board on ad. Person i got it from had no info on it.
Message #9 of 40 3 months ago

???
tedandjen

Pinside member

US Yorkville, IL

<1y 15k 28
Im thinking chips say date and lazer lord on them is a good thing........
Message #10 of 40 3 months ago

???
igo4rams

Inactive member

<1y 31k 67 3/1
That does sound good.

Ken
Message #11 of 40 58 days ago

???
igo4rams

Inactive member

<1y 31k 67 3/1
Ted,

I see your game on ebay. If your game does not sell would you consider trading the game for a working game and some cash? I have a few games I have two copies of. If I get the game, I will make sure it gets up and running and I will bring it to pinball shows for other to play. I also have pinball friends over from time to time to play all my games.

Thanks for your time, Ken
Message #12 of 40 57 days ago

???
tedandjen

Pinside member

US Yorkville, IL

<1y 15k 28
hello ken
thanks for reaching out to me. we shall see what happens with the auction.
we can talk more about it after it ends, if it doesnt sell. I will think your offer over.
what game and cash are you offering? i will email you when it ends and then we can talk about it.
thanks
ted
Message #13 of 40 57 days ago

???
igo4rams

Inactive member

<1y 31k 67 3/1
Ted,

Thanks for the message back. I am not sure what you would like. I have some EM (electrical mechanical) games and some digital games. Something older or newer? Here is a list of the games I would consider in the trade: 1963 Gottlieb Sweet Hearts, 1972 Bally Fireball, 1974 Williams OXO, 1961 Gottlieb Corral, 1961 Gottlieb Show Boat, 1982 Bally Eight Ball Deluxe LTD, 1981 Gottlieb Mars God of War, 1985 Bally Cybernaut, 1977 Bally Eight Ball, 1972 Bally El Toro, 1986 Bally Lady Luck, 1952 Gottlieb Crossroads, 1977 Williams Rancho. Some games need work some don't. I can ad more or less cash depending on the game you pick. Do any of these interest you. The games I have two of are Eight ball Deluxe, Mars God of War and Fireball.

Thanks, Ken
Message #14 of 40 56 days ago

???
tedandjen

Pinside member

US Yorkville, IL

<1y 15k 28
Lets see how auction turns out then we can figure something out. Thanks Ted
Message #15 of 40 56 days ago

???
igo4rams

Inactive member

<1y 31k 67 3/1
Sounds good. I am not to far from you, just a few hours away. Hope we can work out a deal.

Thanks, Ken
Message #16 of 40 49 days ago

???
igo4rams

Inactive member

<1y 31k 67 3/1
Ted,

Looks like the game did not sell? wanted to also let you know I have a super nice CD jukebox (wall mount) that I can ad to the deal if you are interested. The Juke box is a NSM FireBird II. holds 100 cds and looks and sounds awesome. Comes with remote, wall mount and keys. They sell for 1k on ebay. So I would be willing to ad that and a pinball that works and some money?

thanks, Ken
Message #17 of 40 46 days ago

???
tedandjen

Pinside member

US Yorkville, IL

<1y 15k 28
Sorry for the slow response. Been busy. Still not sure what to do here. Thinking about seeing if it is a working game or not. I know that will cost me some money to find out and i would have to find someone to work on it that i trust. I know if the roms are bad the game isnt worth anything but if they are good then i think i will be good. That is a chance im willing to take at this point. As far as the games on your list you sent me nothing peaked my wifes interest. She likes Pinbot, Roadshow, funhouse And yup she has a hand in this too............ I still have someone local that made me a pretty good cash offer so im thinking on it also.
Message #18 of 40 46 days ago

???
igo4rams

Inactive member

<1y 31k 67 3/1
Ok, Please keep me posted. Ken
Message #19 of 40 46 days ago

???
igo4rams

Inactive member

<1y 31k 67 3/1
Oh, did you have any interest in the CD jukebox I sent you info on? I would be willing to ad cash to the juke and/or one of the pinballs I listed. Of all the games I sent you, the best working and best condition would be the Cybernout. I did all the upgrades and modes. That game should bring around 1k and the Juikebox should bring 1k and I would ad 1k cash. That would be a total of 3k. I would also do the driving, in Chicago (priceless). That would be my best offer. Can't do 3k cash, but can do cash and trades. Please keep that on your list and let me know when you make a decision. Thanks, Ken
Message #20 of 40 43 days ago

???
tedandjen

Pinside member

US Yorkville, IL

<1y 15k 28
Ok Ken i talked it over with my wife. Cant use the juke and dont have the patience to sell it. Would you do the Cybernout and $2000 cash? Thanks Ted
Message #21 of 40 43 days ago

???
igo4rams

Inactive member

<1y 31k 67 3/1
Ted, thanks for the offer. I am very serious and don't want to miss out on this deal, but I am a little cash light. Could you possible do 1500 and cybernaut. I will still do all the driving. I can send a deposit with PayPal and the balance in cash at pick up. I have over 400 positive feedbacks on eBay, my eBay name is: igo4rams.
Thanks, Ken
Message #22 of 40 43 days ago

???
tedandjen

Pinside member

US Yorkville, IL

<1y 15k 28
Well im not in a big hurry to sell it. We were thinking the $2000 cash plus cybernaut. Im kind of thinking of keeping it now. I did notice a sticker on one of the boards from 1992 saying it was gone through. Im thinking that means it was a full working pin at one point in time. So im thinking that $2000 cash upon pickup and cybernaut and we have a deal. Thanks
Message #23 of 40 43 days ago

???
igo4rams

Inactive member

<1y 31k 67 3/1
Ted,

That sticker may be talking about just the board it is on. All the boards in the game are standard boards. The only board that is special is the MPU and only the chips on the board. That is why so many pinball guys say please be careful with the info on the chips. If the programming for that game is gone, that would be a very bad deal. That is why most pin guy don't want to offer so much. The chips hold all the rules for the game. With out a copy or even paper with the rules on it and if the chips are bad then the game is just a cool looking game. I am willing to risk 1500 and a very nice working game. But I will think on your offer.
If we come to a deal what works best for you, week day, weekend and time of day?
Message #24 of 40 43 days ago

???
tedandjen

Pinside member

US Yorkville, IL

<1y 15k 28
Ok cool. think about it and let me know. Im an plumbing contractor so im in and out all day and night. Whenever you want works for me and i will be sure im here.
Message #25 of 40 42 days ago

???
igo4rams

Inactive member

<1y 31k 67 3/1
Hi Ted,

Been thinking about the deal. The biggest risk is the chips (lost programming/game rules). If we knew for sure the programming/game rules were still good I would have no problem with 2k and Cybernaut. With out the programming the game is not worth much, for sure not worth my offer of 1500 and Cybernaut. But if you are willing to take the 1500 and Cybernaut now and the 500 after I have the chips checked for the programming, I can do that. Or take something closer to 1500 and cybernaut and be done? I have the cash on hand and can pack up Cybernaut quickly. By the way my wife was a little upset when I told her I was trading Cybernaut. We got it with another game and she told the guy we would keep them together. Silly thing to tell someone. You will not be unhappy with Cybernaut, it is in great condition and looks almost new. Plays great and has really great sounds. Out all my games it is one of the best. I would say Cybernaut could bring between 1k to 1.5k from what I have seen on ebay. As for traveling, I can drive over this weekend or after work during the week.

Thanks, Ken
Message #26 of 40 41 days ago

???
tedandjen

Pinside member

US Yorkville, IL

<1y 15k 28
Ok Ken $1500 cash upon pick up plus the cybernaut. And the other $500 due upon chips testing good. I think that would be a fair deal. Im free all weekend but having a party tonight starting around 6pm. My address is
Message #27 of 40 41 days ago

???
igo4rams

Inactive member

<1y 31k 67 3/1
Ok, great. I will call you after I send this message. My cell is......... Today works best for us, we can leave in an hour of so. Be there by 4pm. You will have a fun working pinball for you party?

Talk to you soon, Ken
Message #28 of 40 40 days ago

???
igo4rams

Inactive member

<1y 31k 67 3/1
Ted,

Made it home just fine. The game made it too. I have to clear some room in my shop for the game. May be a while before I get to it. I will keep you posted. By the way how did the party go? Was the pinball a big hit? Does your wife like the game?

Ken
Message #29 of 40 39 days ago

???
tedandjen

Pinside member

US Yorkville, IL

<1y 15k 28
Party was great. Played pinball till 4am and yes she likes it.
Message #30 of 40 8 days ago

???
tedandjen

Pinside member

US Yorkville, IL

<1y 15k 28
Hi Ken. Looks like lazer lord is coming along great. I see the roms were ok. Thank god!
Message #31 of 40 8 days ago

???
igo4rams

Inactive member

<1y 31k 67 3/1
Ted,

Roms were good but not special. The roms were the same as the other Lazerlord. I am still testing the game but I am thinking that we are good. The info is already out there for free. Are you ok with that?

Ken
Message #32 of 40 8 days ago

???
tedandjen

Pinside member

US Yorkville, IL

<1y 15k 28
Am i ok with what?
Message #33 of 40 8 days ago

???
igo4rams

Inactive member

<1y 31k 67 3/1
Ok with not owing the 500. The EPROMs were not one of a kind, even though the info on them was good, it already was out there for free. Just glad the info was out there. If you are ever in our area you should stop by and play a game or two.
Ken
Message #34 of 40 8 days ago

???
tedandjen

Pinside member

US Yorkville, IL

<1y 15k 28
No im not ok with that. Our deal was if the roms were not corrupt you would send the other 500. The game looks like it works so whats the problem? You purchased an prototype game from me. I kind of thought you were going to screw me from jump. Our deal was not for special or one of a kind roms. It was for a prototype whitewood lazerlord with working roms.
Message #35 of 40 8 days ago

???
igo4rams

Inactive member

<1y 31k 67 3/1
Ted

I am not screwing you. It was not said but implied that the roms were one of a kind. They are not one of a kind and any one can up load them for free. No one even thought that was in the cards. You and I both took a risk and I had the most to lose. Remember we all were telling you to be very careful with the roms they were the only ones? So it was implied. I feel you did well and it worked out well for me too.
Message #36 of 40 7 days ago

???
tedandjen

Pinside member

US Yorkville, IL

<1y 15k 28
Yes you are screwing me. Go back and read our messages to eachother.
Hi Ted,

Been thinking about the deal. The biggest risk is the chips (lost programming/game rules). If we knew for sure the programming/game rules were still good I would have no problem with 2k and Cybernaut. With out the programming the game is not worth much, for sure not worth my offer of 1500 and Cybernaut. But if you are willing to take the 1500 and Cybernaut now and the 500 after I have the chips checked for the programming, I can do that. Or take something closer to 1500 and cybernaut and be done? I have the cash on hand and can pack up Cybernaut quickly. By the way my wife was a little upset when I told her I was trading Cybernaut. We got it with another game and she told the guy we would keep them together. Silly thing to tell someone. You will not be unhappy with Cybernaut, it is in great condition and looks almost new. Plays great and has really great sounds. Out all my games it is one of the best. I would say Cybernaut could bring between 1k to 1.5k from what I have seen on ebay. As for traveling, I can drive over this weekend or after work during the week.

Ok Ken $1500 cash upon pick up plus the cybernaut. And the other $500 due upon chips testing good. I think that would be a fair deal. Im free all weekend but having a party tonight starting around 6pm.

Im not going to have a pissing match with you. A deal is a deal.

Thanks, Ken
Message #37 of 40 7 days ago

???
igo4rams

Inactive member

<1y 31k 67 3/1
That was under the premise the e proms were one of a kind. Did anyone know that they were not, no. No one screwing anyone. If I wanted to screw you I could have lied and said they were bad. If you keep saying I am screwing you, I am done talking.
Message #38 of 40 7 days ago

???
tedandjen

Pinside member

US Yorkville, IL

<1y 15k 28
ken
so where we at, are you saying you arent going to hold up your end of the deal. Reminiscing, you never said to me that you would only pay me the other $500 If the roms were one of a kind. All our message contexts discuss the other $500 being paid if the chips tested non corrupt and programmed. Yes it was implied the roms were important. They are for sure. But not special-one of a kind. So my question is will the game work with the eproms that are in it? I dont want things to get out of hand between us so lets make it all good.
Message #39 of 40 6 days ago

???
igo4rams

Inactive member

<1y 31k 67 3/1
Just a side note. This is why some contracts can be so long and boring. What is not said can be the biggest problem.

To me the understanding was the eproms were one of a kind and therefore had to be intact and working. That was partially true. That is what I am trying to tell you. I did not need the eproms after all. The eprom info is already available on the net. No one knew that until I had them tested. That was a risk you and I both took. I feel I had almost all risk and all the work. I feel it was unexpected but awesome that the info was already safe and out there for anyone to have. First thing I said to the guy reading the chips was "now what, how can that be so". Myself and everyone out there were thinking the info was one of a kind. That is one reason why it was never said, it was understood or implied. We did not know the eproms would work until I got the game up and running. Still don't have everything working but can say with some certainty that the eproms work in this game. I can say, I would have tried the eprom info out there if the eproms in this game did not work. Having working and not corrupt eproms was helpful. I am still of the belief I don't owe you the $500 but I am okay with the way the eproms turned out. I am willing to send you an amount that is comparable to the risk you took compared to the risk I took, one fifth. If $100 will make things right, I can send that today. Paypal or by check in the mail?
Message #40 of 40 3 days ago

???
tedandjen

Pinside member

US Yorkville, IL

<1y 15k 28
Are you going to pay me the $500 now?
Write a reply

You can't reply to this message because igo4rams's account is unavailable.

© 2001-2017 Pinside.com All rights reserved. Rendered in 0.05197s
Help – Contact – About Pinside – Support Pinside – Top

#352 6 years ago

Not sure if i did the copy and paste right but this is all of the messages from ken. Sorry if its a hard read!

#353 6 years ago

It came through fine. Technically you're not supposed to post them, but whatever.

He DEFINITELY owes you 500 bucks. His stip was that 500 was for good working roms, that's exactly what he got.

#354 6 years ago

Yep, clear as day, he owes you the $500

No grey area at all.

#355 6 years ago

Well if im in the wrong for posting them i will take them down. Ken is no longer a member here so we will se what mods have to say.

#356 6 years ago

Oh and by the way i have been playing the shit out of cybernaut. Kicking its ass with a high score of 18000000. Rolled it over and need to see if they sell eight digit leds for this game. LOL

#357 6 years ago

He definitely owes the $500. Word will get out if he doesn't even up. $500 isn't worth the price of burning bridges in the collector community, because nobody will want to deal with him.

#358 6 years ago
Quoted from tedandjen:

Oh and by the way i have been playing the shit out of cybernaut. Kicking its ass with a high score of 18000000. Rolled it over and need to see if they sell eight digit leds for this game. LOL

Ken might not be a good player and probably had the game set way too easy.

There are a bunch of settings to put the game back to "normal" difficulty.

Just ask if you need help changing them.

#359 6 years ago

Ok thanks. He gave me all of the manuals so i will take a look at them and see what setting it is on. Just thinking i had a super bad ass game going on.............lol Pinball wiz.............

#360 6 years ago

You are owed $500. If this was RGP I could call the guy a taint. But it is Whineside and I can't

#361 6 years ago

I am sorry but Ken was looking for a way out of the $500 any way possible, he had ZERO intentions of paying it EVER.

Anyone on still on Ken's side should remove themselves from Pinside. This is a pure crooked move by Ken and fellow Pinsider got ripped off.

Ted, thank you for posting the nail in the coffin. Take this rat bastard to court! Get your $500 and and any other amount the court will award you for damages. He has ZERO defense and should be ashamed of himself!

#362 6 years ago
Quoted from terrapinmark:

You are owed $500. If this was RGP I could call the guy a taint. But it is Whineside and I can't

I think we can say taint. Can't we? can we say taint? I know pussay isn't allowed, but I think taint is ok. Even an occasional fawker is ok.

#363 6 years ago
Quoted from tedandjen:

Message #39 of 40 6 days ago

???
igo4rams

Inactive member

<1y 31k 67 3/1
Just a side note. This is why some contracts can be so long and boring. What is not said can be the biggest problem.

To me the understanding was the eproms were one of a kind and therefore had to be intact and working. That was partially true. That is what I am trying to tell you. I did not need the eproms after all. The eprom info is already available on the net. No one knew that until I had them tested. That was a risk you and I both took. I feel I had almost all risk and all the work. I feel it was unexpected but awesome that the info was already safe and out there for anyone to have. First thing I said to the guy reading the chips was "now what, how can that be so". Myself and everyone out there were thinking the info was one of a kind. That is one reason why it was never said, it was understood or implied. We did not know the eproms would work until I got the game up and running. Still don't have everything working but can say with some certainty that the eproms work in this game. I can say, I would have tried the eprom info out there if the eproms in this game did not work. Having working and not corrupt eproms was helpful. I am still of the belief I don't owe you the $500 but I am okay with the way the eproms turned out. I am willing to send you an amount that is comparable to the risk you took compared to the risk I took, one fifth. If $100 will make things right, I can send that today. Paypal or by check in the mail?

Quoted from jar155:

$500 isn't worth the price of burning bridges in the collector community, because nobody will want to deal with him.

And now all of his friends have read it too and know there's nothing in whatever spin he put on the story that was "understood or implied". $500 ain't worth it to have my friends think I'm a liar and a thief.

And then to offer Ted $100 to go away? Now there's a slap in the face.

#364 6 years ago

Plus the genius devalued his own purchase by claiming it's not worth what he paid. Everyone knows he doesn't feel it's worth what he's eventually going to ask, and I hope they hold him to it.

#365 6 years ago

I hope he mans up and makes an apology to the seller, and then pay the $500.
This could have been such a cool score and now he made this mess of it.

#366 6 years ago

Im sure he is one of them guys that thinks that after some time everyone will forget about how it was handled. You know he is throwing money at it to restore and that will probably take some time to finish.

#367 6 years ago
Quoted from tedandjen:

Im sure he is one of them guys that thinks that after some time everyone will forget about how it was handled. You know he is throwing money at it to restore and that will probably take some time to finish.

I sincerely hope you take him to court

#368 6 years ago
Quoted from Slim64:

I sincerely hope you take him to court

Small Claims court is not the be-all end-all.

https://www.legalzoom.com/articles/collecting-your-small-claims-judgment

" Although it feels great, winning your case in small claims court is only half the battle. Next comes collecting your judgment. And as many small claims victors are shocked to discover, getting the defendant to pay up isn't always easy. The courts typically don't get involved, which means it's up to you to collect your hard won money. But don't despair - you have a few effective options at your disposal..."

"...If you don't want to settle for less and none of the other methods appeal to you, there is one final option. You can call a professional. A collection agency will keep track of the debtor and collect your judgment for you. However, you will have to pay a fee. That means you will have to decide whether getting your judgment is worth the expense."

#369 6 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Small Claims court is not the be-all end-all.
https://www.legalzoom.com/articles/collecting-your-small-claims-judgment
" Although it feels great, winning your case in small claims court is only half the battle. Next comes collecting your judgment. And as many small claims victors are shocked to discover, getting the defendant to pay up isn't always easy. The courts typically don't get involved, which means it's up to you to collect your hard won money. But don't despair - you have a few effective options at your disposal..."
"...If you don't want to settle for less and none of the other methods appeal to you, there is one final option. You can call a professional. A collection agency will keep track of the debtor and collect your judgment for you. However, you will have to pay a fee. That means you will have to decide whether getting your judgment is worth the expense."

And the collection agency will ruin his credit file/score for 7 years. File and sue this son of a bitch! Cost him a lot more than his $500 and go for damages too!

Screw him like he screwed you!

#370 6 years ago

Yup thinking about going to Kendall county courthouse next week to talk about options. Its only five minutes from my house.

#371 6 years ago
Quoted from tedandjen:

Yup thinking about going to Kendall county courthouse next week to talk about options. Its only five minutes from my house.

Yep, just hit the Clerk of The Circuit Court counter and they will provide you with everything you need to file a small claims case.

Go get him!

#372 6 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Honestly, I can see both points of view.
On one hand, the seller is saying they worked, so the buyer owes him.
On the other hand, the buyer is saying it was implied that the EPROMs were one-of-a-kind (thus valuable), but they are not one-of-a-kind and are already freely available (and therefore not valuable).
Compromise on $250?

so after reading through the entire thread between the two, do you still think a compromise is fair?

#373 6 years ago

Somebody could make things tough for him on eBay. eBay and PayPal don't take kindly to dishonest sellers.

#374 6 years ago
Quoted from tedandjen:

When you file your suit, whatever dollar amount you sue him for, make sure it is stipulated as $xxxx.00 plus ALL COSTS, not plus court costs. This way you can sue to recover EVERYTHING out of pocket. Doesn't mean you will get everything, but it doesn't limit you from asking. It depends on the judge. This includes what you will have to pay the local sheriff's office in Rockford MI to process serve him.

You want to do it that way because if he pulls a no show at court, he can't pull a Momma Kulek and say he never got served. You have proof of service, judge will grant you an immediate judgement for just about everything, if not everything. Then, if you want to be a real prick(and you should), you can state "Your Honor, since the defendant decided he did not need to show up to court, I do not believe he will pay this judgement voluntarily. Would you please sign off on a wage garnishment?" Have wage garnishment paperwork(from the Clerk) all filled out and hand it to the judge. Judge will have no problem signing off.

Paper work is sent to his employer and they must remove a percentage of his paycheck until you are made whole. Heck, even if he does show up, ask for a wage garnishment anyway. Tell the judge that you believe he will treat the judgement the same way he treated your deal. Tell the judge you want to be paid within 30 days and if not paid you want to enforce a wage garnishment. Judge will probably side with you once again.

Employers hate wage garnishments and will know their employee is a scumbag.

I am in just complete disbelief that the buyer(Ken) is willing to risk ALL of this over $500 that he 100% knows he owes.

#375 6 years ago

Still not sure i want to go that route but im thinking hard on it. Im just kind of an old school justice type guy.

#376 6 years ago

It's all up to you and what you can live with. But dishonest people need to learn a lesson or they will just keep doing it to other people.

#377 6 years ago

On the topic of justice, not pinball...

I used to think what comes around goes around, and it may.

But now I am going to help it if I have to.

Justice.

It unfortunate I like to think the best of everyone. But in my life. Justice will be served when possible. I've seen too many bad deeds go unpunished now.

I can lift my finger if needed. And I will.

Justice you know I'm coming...

On pinball. This laser lord I don't know anything. That's why I try to just shut up.

But Justice...

Serve that cold.

#378 6 years ago
Quoted from dothedoo:

It's all up to you and what you can live with. But dishonest people need to learn a lesson or they will just keep doing it to other people.

Absolutely....I used to hide in the shadows. But now when I see injustice or rude behaviour I say something....politely and nicely but I let it be known that their behavior is not tolerated. It's the only way they'll learn....if enough do the same.

#379 6 years ago
Quoted from tedandjen:

Still not sure i want to go that route but im thinking hard on it. Im just kind of an old school justice type guy.

Old school justice will get you 3 to 5 with time off for good behavior.

#380 6 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

Old school justice will get you 3 to 5 with time off for good behavior.

Not if you're smart.

#381 6 years ago
Quoted from Dooskie:

Not if you're smart.

Smart would have been not mentioning that it was an option at all.

#382 6 years ago

After seeing the email exchange, yea, it does look like Ted pretty much has a lock on this. But to be fair, we are only seeing one side of this story. there could have been other phone/in-person exchanges that we don't see. But whatever. It's between those two. Monday morning quarterbacking isn't really a good thing. And hey, that whole "i'm going to teach them a leason" thing... that's just arrogant and dumb. First to think that you're in a position to do that, and second to think that you're the one whose morals are so high that only yours count. No one was there except for two people, of which only one has weighed in. I agree that given what we've seen, it doesn't look good for Ken. But i try not to be judgemental, as it's bad for one's mojo, and it's frankly not our place to do so. This isn't the "court of pinside" after all. If Ted feels slighted, he should take it up with a real count, not the "pinside court."

#383 6 years ago
Quoted from cfh:

But to be fair, we are only seeing one side of this story. there could have been other phone/in-person exchanges that we don't see.

Clay, I rarely give you any direct shit. Some good debates, but nothing outrageous.

This time? I think you have been doing lines of battery corrosion and puked on your reading glasses.

#384 6 years ago

It's real simple... we were not there.

I've had email exchanges with people, then go show up, and the deal completely changes. Once you're there, see what's what, a new deal sometimes emerges. Or things change. And if someone posted the emails, after the meet-and-greet, it could be slanderous compared to what actually happened and what was agreed upon.

To put full weight into an email conversation, it's not right. Yes if all went just like it said in the email, fine, case closed. But since we haven't heard the other side of the story (and there's ALWAYS another side), and since there's no video of the actual transaction, i think being judgemental on the situation is not correct. If Ted feels things didn't go as promised, then he should take it up with small claims court, not pinside. His post was a method to force Ken's hand. Which it did, to a point (he got a compromise offer.) But if that's still not to Ted's liking, his only action now should be to take it to small claims court. Not the court of pinside.

#385 6 years ago

Ok so just a quick update on the pinside court of law..... lol. I received the remainder of what was owed to me today. Ken asked me to post on his behalf in this thread. So with much apprehension i will do that for him. "I, Ken, would like to apologize To Ted for not making the terms of our deal clearer, and for that i am sorry. I will be sending Ted a certified bank check for the sum of $500

#386 6 years ago

Nice this was resolved.

#387 6 years ago

Glad to hear

#388 6 years ago

The pinball community is so small and tight knit. I am glad you got paid and I hate that it all had to go down the way it did. I know as an active buyer/seller/trader of pinball I cannot afford to rip people off. After all, all that we have is our name and repeat customers in pinball are so very important. I am very thankful for all of my pinball friends and to me personally losing $500 wouldn’t have been worth ruining my name. I obviously do not know any of the people involved here personally but hopefully everyone can just put it all behind them now that the debt was paid. I’m glad he decided to make it right

#389 6 years ago
Quoted from Dooskie:

Hope he follows through and you actually receive it.

He said he already did!

#390 6 years ago
Quoted from tedandjen:

Ok so just a quick update on the pinside court of law..... lol. I received the remainder of what was owed to me today. Ken asked me to post on his behalf in this thread. So with much apprehension i will do that for him. "I, Ken, would like to apologize To Ted for not making the terms of our deal clearer, and for that i am sorry. I will be sending Ted a certified bank check for the sum of $500

I am happy to hear you got the $500, it was the right thing for Ken to do.

I now look forward to seeing this machine at PATZ with no grudges held against Ken.

#391 6 years ago
Quoted from tedandjen:

I received the remainder of what was owed to me today. Ken asked me to post on his behalf in this thread. So with much apprehension i will do that for him. "I, Ken, would like to apologize To Ted for not making the terms of our deal clearer, and for that i am sorry. I will be sending Ted a certified bank check for the sum of $500

So you received the money, right? Why are you apprehensive about posting his apology? I for one am glad to see that he made a formal apology and appreciate you posting it. If he still plans on making a debut at PATZ I may have to go see it. Looks like he has reinstated access to his blog so we can follow along again.

https://lazerlord.blogspot.com/

#393 6 years ago

Good job Ken....glad it was resolved.

#394 6 years ago
Quoted from dothedoo:

Looks like he has reinstated access to his blog so we can follow along again.
https://lazerlord.blogspot.com/

Thanks for reinstating your blog... now reactivate your account!

#395 6 years ago
Quoted from danczaz:

Thanks for reinstating your blog... now reactivate your account!

Exactly, came to his senses, it's settled and over with.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.00
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 395 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 8.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lazer-lord/page/8 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.