lzr (resized).jpg
image-10 (resized).jpg
stern_lazerlord_backglass_front_01 (resized).jpg
Pinball Hall of Fame Entrance (resized).JPG
joe (resized).jpg
snapperhead (resized).jpg
d216c05521d26f8012ee844205a9e55956e9687d (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 395 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 8.
#251 6 years ago
Quoted from tedandjen:

Oh and back to the the facts. I never said or implied the eproms were a one of a kind.

I think the buyer assumed they would be, and so did everyone else in this thread. There was always the chance that the EPROMs were going to be toast, so there was a chance that you would not have gotten that $500 anyway. But like you say, they did end up working as far as you are concerned. I think the two of you are probably going to have to be flexible and come to a compromise of some sort to satisfy the spirit of the original agreement. Neither of you will probably be entirely satisfied, but that's how compromises sometimes turn out.

#252 6 years ago

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#253 6 years ago

The backglass is bad ass for sure!!!!

#254 6 years ago

Well i understand how compromises go. Just kind of sucks you cant hold someone to there word in our great country.

#255 6 years ago
Quoted from tedandjen:

Well i understand how compromises go. Just kind of sucks you cant hold someone to there word in our great country.

Well, you've only posted your side. The buyer hasn't chimed in on the issue with their side yet.

#256 6 years ago

I hope he posts. I have all of the messages we sent back and forth about terms of sale i would like to share with everyone.

#257 6 years ago

The buyer owes you $500 based on what you disclosed.

BTW - I can't believe that was the best deal you were offered.

#258 6 years ago

Compromise? Compromise for what? The deal was $500 for working Eproms or $0 for non-working/corrupt Eproms, there were no other stipulations that I see in what has been presented. They worked, cough up the $500. Buyer knew he was taking a chance. Seller took buyer for his word and emails. Unless the buyer can produce ANYTHING in writing that not only did they have to work, but they had to be unique compared to the other known Lazer Lord Eproms, then too f'ing bad.

I can see asking for a compromise if the Eproms turn out to be Flight 2000 or Quicksilver Eproms, but they are not. Working Lazer Lord Eproms, $500 is due immediately. Buyer took a huge gamble at his own discretion, pay up!

#259 6 years ago

If Ted had said "Hey these are some one of a kind EPROMs I'm selling" then I could see some compromise.

But Ted does not know anything about pinball, and probably never heard of an EPROM before this thread.

Buyer: time to man-up .

#260 6 years ago

From the messages— The implication of the stipulation was that without a working eprom the whitewood wasn’t worth that much. Whatever anyone believed about the contents of the eprom is irrelevant. Buyer has working whitewood, which was the main gamble. Gamble paid off, pay the $500. If the buyer wanted the $500 to be due upon determination that the EPROMs were unique, that should have been clearly stated.

May be a lesson learned though.. unless buyer has change of heart - hard to recover the money at this point with not much leverage other than the pinside mob.

#261 6 years ago

i'd just pay the $500. Sounds like the lazerlord receiver ended up with a sweet deal, even with the $500 paid out.

#262 6 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

i'd just pay the $500. Sounds like the lazerlord receiver ended up with a sweet deal, even with the $500 paid out.

Spot on.

#263 6 years ago

Pay the man.

You have a working set of ROMs which was the agreement. As the buyer, you might have thought in your mind, a 'working set' meant unique, but that's a stretch to think that was implied to the seller.

#264 6 years ago
Quoted from Mbecker:

May be a lesson learned though.. unless buyer has change of heart - hard to recover the money at this point with not much leverage other than the pinside mob

I think the "pinside mob" will have a heavy influence in this situation. It's a shitty move by the buyer. Man up igo4rams & pay up!

IF and big IF, the buyer had asked for a compromise, then I could see an amicable solution. Hey, the Eproms do work, but it turns out they are the same as the other prototype and can be burned, do you think we could meet in the middle on the $500? But to just say he isn't paying and telling the seller he will not communicate with him if he says he is ripping him off is a cowardly and crooked move.

#265 6 years ago

Only reason he knows the Eproms match what's on IPDB is because they were good and he was able to compare. Pay up.

#266 6 years ago

Going back 30 years, but the rules remain the same

#268 6 years ago

igo4rams is on radio silence, but he has been here on Pinside VERY recently. Probably keeping close tabs on this thread.

#269 6 years ago

What a great thing to do to a new guy in the hobby.

#270 6 years ago

tedandjen start a new thread with a seller beware warning to all Pinsiders. Not enough people are following/reading this thread. Save other sellers the headache(s) of dealing with this buyer. Also warn everyone so if he decides to show up to any of the shows with this machine, they can all remind him of the debt owed.

Oh, by the way, since the transaction happened at your house, file a small claims case for the $500 plus all costs in Kendall County. You will get a judgement against him because there is no way in hell he could convince ANY judge of his implied Eproms were one of a kind defense against a guy that never owned a pinball machine. Then when he refuses to pay you, you can file for collections and his credit rating can be ruined. Just wanted to throw that out there since it's quite obvious the buyer is actively reading this thread.

#271 6 years ago

igo4rams , if you have the gall to down vote my post, at least have the guts to come on here and give us your side of not paying the $500.

#272 6 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

igo4rams , if you have the gall to down vote my post, at least have the guts to come on here and give us your side of not paying the $500.

The fact that he hasn't speaks volumes

#273 6 years ago

Not everyone wants to duke out a private matter in public.

#274 6 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Not everyone wants to duke out a private matter in public.

Pretty sure the seller came on here because the buyer said you are not getting the $500 and has made no more contact. Seller made it an open matter because he believes he had no other choice. I really hate seeing people getting screwed and the live with it attitude. ForceFlow , I am not saying that is your position either. Even though lots of these types of issue become pissing matches and people don't like these kinds of posts, the end result is some sort of resolve usually happens due to pressure from Pinsiders, especially when it's 2 active members.

#275 6 years ago

I tryed to handle it in private and got nowhere. I know he was pretty active on pinside so i just want to try and make sure he dont screw anyone else here. He still has a chance to make it right before things get way out of hand. Thanks for all the support you fine people here have given me.

#276 6 years ago

Ted,

I will approach you again with a compromise but this time in public. You feel very strongly about your position as do I. I will meet you halfway if you will accept 250 and make the deal final.

#277 6 years ago
Quoted from igo4rams:

Ted,
I will approach you again with a compromise but this time in public. You feel very strongly about your position as do I. I will meat you halfway if you will accept 250 and make the deal final.

Wow, and exchange of meat. How can anyone turn that down. Sounds like this deal is really going to get hot.

#278 6 years ago
Quoted from igo4rams:

Ted,
I will approach you again with a compromise but this time in public. You feel very strongly about your position as do I. I will meet you halfway if you will accept 250 and make the deal final.

You owe him 500. You made the offer. Pay up.

#279 6 years ago
Quoted from igo4rams:

Ted,

It's time to start thinking about returning the game to Ted, get your game back, and let him find another offer.

#280 6 years ago
Quoted from igo4rams:

Ted,

C'mon man-up!

You own him $500.

"Bltch betta have my money; not some, not half, but ALL my money...."

#281 6 years ago

I'm a little surprised at how many folks are out with their pitchforks. It's easy to say "fork it over" when it's not your money. Especially when at the center of it is an item that has turned out to hold little value. Was it an ironclad conditional agreement? I don't know. Personally, I wouldn't have made an agreement like this in the first place (either as a seller or as a buyer) since it can easily have the potential to go sideways if someone isn't happy with something.

After seeing private disagreements being made public many, many times, more often than not, the person who posts about a private matter does not end up actually being the fully wronged party.

I know a lot of people practically salivate at the prospect of a good drama and controversy and like to pick a side and scream for justice. I'm guessing since the buyer has been on the forums for a little while, he is aware of the kind of show that usually goes down.

Personally, I usually like to hear both sides. A dispute usually takes interesting turns after there is a response from the other party, and I've been surprised more than once with what additional information brings. So, I've learned to try to reserve judgement before all the facts are in.

#282 6 years ago

The buyer offered $1,500 cash and Cybernaut upfront, with an extra $500 after testing the EPROM.

The EPROMs turned out to be fine, and the exact same as the other known Lazer Lords.

The quotes below represent the offer made to Ted and Ted accepting the offer.

Seems very clear to me that buyer owes the seller $500.

Marcus

Quoted from tedandjen:

The buyers message to me.
Hi Ted,
Been thinking about the deal. The biggest risk is the chips (lost programming/game rules). If we knew for sure the programming/game rules were still good I would have no problem with 2k and Cybernaut. With out the programming the game is not worth much, for sure not worth my offer of 1500 and Cybernaut. But if you are willing to take the 1500 and Cybernaut now and the 500 after I have the chips checked for the programming, I can do that. Or take something closer to 1500 and cybernaut and be done? I have the cash on hand and can pack up Cybernaut quickly. By the way my wife was a little upset when I told her I was trading Cybernaut. We got it with another game and she told the guy we would keep them together. Silly thing to tell someone. You will not be unhappy with Cybernaut, it is in great condition and looks almost new. Plays great and has really great sounds. Out all my games it is one of the best. I would say Cybernaut could bring between 1k to 1.5k from what I have seen on ebay. As for traveling, I can drive over this weekend or after work during the week.
Thanks, Ken

Quoted from tedandjen:

My response.
Ok Ken $1500 cash upon pick up plus the cybernaut. And the other $500 due upon chips testing good. I think that would be a fair deal. Im free all weekend but having a party tonight starting around 6pm. My address is XX sunset st. Yorkville Il. 60560. My cell is XXXXXXXX

#284 6 years ago

It wasn’t a clearly written deal though — with both parties now feeling strongly about their side of things. $250 is way better than $0.00 , or the hassle of small claims court more headaches or whatever the alternative is to try and get the full $500.

I’d take the 250 and next time make sure terms are clear to both parties before the exchange.

#285 6 years ago
Quoted from igo4rams:

Ted,

You might feel strongly about your position, but your position isn't strong. Big difference. Now, we've only heard one side, but it contains direct communication from you...OP isn't making up the terms of the deal. At the end of the day, do whatever you can live with, and what your reputation can live with. It's that simple.

#286 6 years ago

Ok Ken thanks for getting into this " public discussion". I will decline your compromise of $250. I think the masses have spoken and you should make good on your end of the deal. I was going to post the messages with the terms of the sale here but was not sure if that was ok with mods. Im not sure why you would want to ruin your name in the pinball community here but that is whats going on. Just pay me what you owe me and lets all move on with our lives.

#287 6 years ago

Ted, why did the eproms have to be good? Let me answer the question. Because they were one of a kind. The 500 was your risk that the eproms were one of a kind and good. Well as it turns out that is half true. The eproms appear to be good (not fully tested yet) but not one of a kind. In other words the eproms info is on the web for free. If I was trying to screw you I could have very easily have said the chips were bad. The sales agreement could have been clearer, that is true. So, I offered a compromise to meet you halfway, which you declined. The mob is not your friend they will turn on you in a second. They just want to see this play out, like a high school fight. Be the bigger man and take the offer. Or, we go to court? By the way you have to file your claim here (Michigan). And how is it going to look when you declined to meet me halfway on a shaky deal. Or, you continue to send the mob after me here and I am forced to close my account.

#288 6 years ago
Quoted from igo4rams:

Ted, why did the eproms have to be good? Let me answer the question. Because they were one of a kind. The 500 was your risk that the eproms were one of a kind and good. Well as it turns out that is half true. The eproms appear to be good (not fully tested yet) but not one of a kind. In other words the eproms info is on the web for free. If I was trying to screw you I could have very easily have said the chips were bad. The sales agreement could have been clearer, that is true. So, I offered a compromise to meet you halfway, which you declined. The mob is not your friend they will turn on you in a second. They just want to see this play out, like a high school fight. Be the bigger man and take the offer. Or, we go to court? By the way you have to file your claim here (Michigan). And how is it going to look when you declined to meet me halfway on a shaky deal. Or, you continue to send the mob after me here and I am forced to close my account.

That wasn't the deal presented, you hoped they were different and good. He had no idea if they were good at all. You asked to hold back 500 pending them being good. He shouldn't have even allowed that. He's getting screwed out of money because your fishing expedition failed. You choose the terms of the deal, you need to pay up.

#289 6 years ago
Quoted from igo4rams:

Ted, why did the eproms have to be good? Let me answer the question. Because they were one of a kind. The 500 was your risk that the eproms were one of a kind and good.

How would someone like Ted know if the EPROMs were "one of a kind" or "two of a kind" (matching the other existing LazerLord)?

How would someone like Ted know if you simply lied to him and said that the EPROMs were "two of a kind", when really they were indeed "one of a kind"?

You held back $500 to see if the game ROMs were good and if the game booted. They were good, the game booted.

Ted trusted you to keep your word -----> Now pay the money you owe .

Any real man keeps his word (just in case you never had a dad to teach you anything).

#290 6 years ago

I have a one of a kind game, that uses the same roms as other games. Still one of a kind. There was no way in knowing if the programming was changed or not. The deal was for working roms for that particular game. If that's the roms the game had, that's the roms it's suppose to have. Nobody knew that. but the roms were working, so if they would have been altered versions, they still would have been working. the game is the way it was suppose to be. Personally, i'd still be happy. You have a working playing one of a kind game. that was way cheaper that I usually pay for my ultra rare stuff.

#291 6 years ago
Quoted from igo4rams:

I was giving you the benefit of the doubt that we hadn't heard your side of the story. Now hearing it, you owe him $500. You say "The 500 was your risk that the eproms were one of a kind and good". NOWHERE was this mentioned in your dealings with Ted. And you knew that Ted was new to pinball, and would have no way of knowing if they were unique. His agreement were that the Eproms were readable. They were. You probably didn't even consider whether they would be the same, but after they ended up being the same, you got caught in a conundrum. It's laughable that you suggest he be the bigger man?? Bigger than who? You??? And your veiled threat that he'd have to go to court to collect and that he's on shaky ground...that's pretty small. There's no mob mentality here that I see. Just a reasonable conclusion by the majority that you need to honor the agreement. Noone is threatening you, or going to show up at your door. But chances are, you are harming your reputation as a fair and decent trader in pinball.

#292 6 years ago

I don't really see what the difference is if those are the proper roms for the game and they work.

#293 6 years ago

And, nobody knows if LL#2 has the same ROMs that are on the IPBD.

The IPBD ROMs were around BEFORE LL#2 was even known to exist (I had them on floppy disc).

We'd have to dump LL#2's ROMs to see if they match the LL#1 (whitewood) ROMs.

LL#2 does not have Multiball, and the LL#1 does......

#294 6 years ago

Looks like MI is nothing but scammers, Dayhuff and Schudel need to move before they get infected with the scam virus.

#295 6 years ago

Ok Ken. All of the stuff you are saying has nothing to do about the facts here. Im not going to come to Michigan to file a claim against you. The personal messages we had says it all. Im guessing you should just delete this account and all of the rest of them too because people will all know what kind of guy you are and i will make sure of that for sure!!!!!

#296 6 years ago
Quoted from igo4rams:

Um no, you went & picked up the game in Yorkville IL correct? If so, that is where the deal was consummated and transaction took place. It gets filed in Kendall County IL.

Why don't you just be the bigger man and honor the deal YOU made? I would decline the $250 as well because that's what you owe.

#297 6 years ago
Quoted from igo4rams:

The sales agreement could have been clearer, that is true

Your fault, you pay. This is your admission that you NEVER said they had to be unique/one of a kind. Nothing implied at all.

#298 6 years ago
Quoted from igo4rams:

C'mon man. The $500 was to protect you from ending up with a doorstop.

Scenario 1(yours): You get the game to boot up with the existing ROMs and they seem to be correct (i.e. rules match, switches & lamps correct, etc.) Your safety net is not needed and you pay the $500.

Scenario 2: ROMs are bad and game doesn't boot. You burn a new set from IPDB, it boots and they seem to be correct. Safety net not needed, you pay the $500.

Scenario 3: Bad ROMs. IPDB ROMs don't work. Game is dead in the water. You keep the $500.

So tell me this..... If you told Ted, "Just keep the ROMs, I'm going to try to use the ones on IPDB." Do you honestly think he would have let you take it for $500 less and then come back and give him the $500 for the ROMs if it didn't work?

#299 6 years ago
Quoted from dothedoo:

C'mon man. The $500 was to protect you from ending up with a doorstop.
Scenario 1(yours): You get the game to boot up with the existing ROMs and they seem to be correct (i.e. rules match, switches & lamps correct, etc.) Your safety net is not needed and you pay the $500.
Scenario 2: ROMs are bad and game doesn't boot. You burn a new set from IPDB, it boots and they seem to be correct. Safety net not needed, you pay the $500.
Scenario 3: Bad ROMs. IPDB ROMs don't work. Game is dead in the water. You keep the $500.
So tell me this..... If you told Ted, "Just keep the ROMs, I'm going to try to use the ones on IPDB." Do you honestly think he would have let you take it for $500 less?

Great points, however he already deactivated his account.

#300 6 years ago
Quoted from Slim64:

Great points, however he already deactivated his account.

Well then I'll stop following his blog and cancel my trip to the Zoo.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
There are 395 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 8.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lazer-lord/page/6 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.