New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 123704)

Lazer Lord

By smileymatthew

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 395 posts
  • 58 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by vdojaq
  • Topic is favorited by 15 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 13 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

581ee76df5669e360ed64992744c0617 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpeg
Stern_Viper_p8 (resized).jpg
Stern_Catacomb_p8 (resized).jpg
IMG_0034 (resized).JPG
IMG_0032 (resized).JPG
lzr (resized).jpg
image-10 (resized).jpg
stern_lazerlord_backglass_front_01 (resized).jpg
Pinball Hall of Fame Entrance (resized).JPG
joe (resized).jpg
snapperhead (resized).jpg
d216c05521d26f8012ee844205a9e55956e9687d (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 395 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 8.
#101 3 years ago
Quoted from too-many-pins:

To me the value dropped dramatically not because of a single item but because of the fact you no longer have a nice (or decent) original machine. Once finished you have something cobbled together.

That's what a whitewood is, a cobbled together bunch of parts to used as a testbed.

It is the one and ONLY original machine.

Now back to pinball - once you take the original cabinet and replace it with a restored one and take the original backglass and have a replacement made what do you actually have?

Keep the cab just how it was found. Reinforce the back corner with a brace and Hide Glue (reversible).

Stabilize the backglass, and again keep it exactly how it was found.

You don't want to lose all of JJJ's mojo and DNA by replacing everything.

If I owned it I would sell it to Clay because I know it would have a great home at VFW and lots of people could enjoy it

I'd donate it to PHOF.

That's where it could be enjoyed everyday by many pinheads, not just once a year by a few.

(Of course, I'd Protect the writing on the playfield by installing a sheet of Makrolon over it)

All the parts look to be standard, so you could keep it running forever.

#102 3 years ago
Quoted from dothedoo:

If Mopar took a Demon drivetrain and threw it into an old Chrysler 300 frame because it was a straight bolt-in does that make it just as valuable as a prototype Charger/Challenger frame designed to test the Demon? No.
I agree there would be historical value with the 300 being the first test car with the Demon in it. But let's face it, the real value is the drivetrain, not the shell.
I agree there is some value in the cabinet, but more historical value than anything else. The real value, of course, is the playfield, backglass and software.
The cabinet can be, and should be restored, not replaced. The backglass? I don't know. I'd be tempted to leave it as-is and not alter it. Hopefully, another one would surface in the future that could be put it in for looks and the original could be safely stored away.

The only thing I know for sure is in a free market society price is determined basically by what someone is willing to pay. We can all talk about this forever but there will only be two people who ever really know what this machine is worth. Ted & the buyer will be the only two people who will know the actual value of this machine as it sits because that number is what someone was willing to pay and what Ted was willing to settle for. It would be nice if that number was disclosed by the buyer or Ted but I doubt that will ever happen. I know if I was the buyer I wouldn't advertise what I paid for it!

#103 3 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

I'd donate it to PHOF.
That's where it could be enjoyed everyday by many pinheads, not just once a year by a few.
(Of course, I'd Protect the writing on the playfield by installing a sheet of Makrolon over it)
All the parts look to be standard, so you could keep it running forever.

I love what Tim has done in Vegas and the fact all the money goes to charity but I am somewhat concerned about what will happen to the place when Tim is ready to walk away. After talking with him a few years ago and doing some reading here & their I wonder if PHOF will live on after Tim?

I guess the same thing could be said about VFW but Clay seems to have a group of people involved and isn't a one man band like Tim at PHOF. On the flip side the money going to VFW is basically staying with Clay or VFW and not headed to charity and I love giving to charity. So it is tough to say who would be a better fit. Either place would be great in my eyes but if I knew Tim had a long term plan I would feel better about it at PHOF.

It just seems a shame because my bet is into someones private collection not to a public place and that will greatly limit the number of people who will be able to enjoy it. But a month ago we didn't even know it existed so in a way who cares as long as it gets saved!

#104 3 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

That's what pintechs do every day.
Whether in a commercial business, or in a customer's home , pinball machines were designed to be repaired on site.
I have repair certification from Bally itself, and never did the instructors say to remove the game from it's location and repair it in a lab or level 100 clean room.
They said "No game should require more than 30 minutes to restore to full operation", and they were not joking.

I believe this wholeheartedly. I do sympathize with all sentiments in this thread! Too-Many-Pins is right! I wanted so badly to fire up that Baby Pac-Man I picked up, but I had a strong feeling that I could get it working with minimal input, and fixing it on the spot would be a poor choice for the deal I was getting... So got it home, set it up and yep, 45 mins in it was at 90% fine tooth comb and an whole night later it's at 99%. So yeah. Even if I was standing in front of a game and I knew what was wrong, as they say, the only person looking out for YOU is YOURSELF! Best not shoot them in the foot!
Exceptions would be a church or youth program, old folks who have some sort of very deep connection who wants to pass down history (never happens but if it did...) cancer patient or case of a collector who died and there was maybe one machine the family really wanted to keep but didn't know how to make it work.

Now in this case really time is of the essence and every moment someone doesn't buy it, is another moment that machine spends slowly crawling into oblivion where all of its historical significance becomes moot because it's total junk...

#106 3 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Obviously, I wouldn't recommend a first-timer to cut their teeth on something like that. I've worked with a few very rare and essentially unreplaceable items, and I'm not afraid to. As long as you have some experience, you'll be fine.

Viza War!!

Quoted from vid1900:I was told that the game has a license sticker on the backglass, so if it was routed, it probably had some reasonably complete code.
I see that the EPROMs have a V1.0 printed on them. So that makes me think that the programmer thought that the code was ready.
The game has sound, so that also seems like something that would be added after you had a flipable code.
But if you want a numerical odds guess, I'll say 70/30 in favor of there being enough code to start multiball.
The ONLY ways to find out is to have a seance, or just boot the game.

Vid, why are you so damn funny??

#107 3 years ago

Ted & the buyer will be the only two people who will know the actual value of this machine as it sits because that number is what someone was willing to pay and what Ted was willing to settle for. It would be nice if that number was disclosed by the buyer or Ted but I doubt that will ever happen. I know if I was the buyer I wouldn't advertise what I paid for it!

If I buy it, I'll gladly post what I paid for it.

What reason would I have to keep it a secret?

If I buy it for $2K, and sell it for $1M the buyer will know I made a profit, so what?

If I buy it for $2K and donate it to the PHOF, does Tim care?

#108 3 years ago

So it is tough to say who would be a better fit. Either place would be great in my eyes but if I knew Tim had a long term plan I would feel better about it at PHOF.

If it goes to the VFW, it gets played by only a few hundred people, 3 days a year.

If it goes to the PHOF it gets played by thousands of people, 363 days a year.

Obviously, the PHOF is the only fit that makes sense for the hobby.

Pinball Hall of Fame Entrance (resized).JPG

#109 3 years ago

Vid,

I have no issues with the PHOF idea and would love to see it end up out their. I have an idea that might be a win-win for everyone if you think this might be a good idea. How about setting up a "go fund me page" to raise money to purchase it and then raise the money to purchase it with donated funds. That way guys that want to see it saved and put in a public location can donate and help make that happen.

I know you have been talking with the seller. If you are willing to get the machine to Tim (or make those arrangements) and Tim is on board with the idea a Go Fund Me would give those of us interested in seeing it saved and put into a public location a chance to help make that happen. I know I would be more than happy to donate to the cause.

The great thing with that is no single person needs to put up all the cash - a group of people can feel like they helped to get machine where it belongs, seller gets more money for machine then he likely would otherwise and anything extra that is raised could go to Tim to help pay for restoration cost or for Tim to donate.

Do you see any down side to this idea? If not would you consider taking that approach and handling things?

#110 3 years ago

actually the PHoF isn't really doing charity donations any more. At least not very much. Tim has been hoarding the money. He has 'problems' finding charities he likes. the Salvation army changed, and he refuses to deal with them. As for us, actually the money we take in for our show in May does not go to us... it goes to the Tax man, my insurance agent, DTE (detroit energy), and various other sucks. And even still it's not enough to pay for the place. And we are open to the public actually twice a year (May show and fall charity event where stuff goes to Toys for Tots and a local Food-for-the-poor organization.)

#111 3 years ago

Here's the actual game's backglass. there is NO vendor sticker. NONE.

And i have to agree when i'm going to buy a game, i don't even turn the machine on. I've had the same issues with sellers where there's a simple repair, you point it out (or fix it), and they change their mind on the sale. And frankly it's CRAZY to suggest that this machine was a simple repair. i would not try to power it up. and making it worthy of an initial power on would require a fair amount of work.

stern_lazerlord_backglass_front_01 (resized).jpg

#112 3 years ago

Also this game is a white wood. It's something that was made in the production lab. It never went on route. It never saw a bar or an arcade. It was an experimental game made in the lab to test stuff. They put sample games on test. You wouldn't put a white wood in a test location. They are unattractive and ugly and they don't entice people to want to play them. They look like some homemade fixture, marked up with a sharpie. Did it work? There's no way to know at this point. It may have never worked. Was it finished? Probably not. After all, it was a whitewood. These were made to test concepts and ideas. They are usually not finished. To suggest that the game was ready for the real world is silly.

#113 3 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Keep the cab just how it was found. Reinforce the back corner with a brace and Hide Glue (reversible).
Stabilize the backglass, and again keep it exactly how it was found.
You don't want to lose all of JJJ's mojo and DNA by replacing everything.

That's the way I would do something of this pedigree. Leave as is.

Sort of like Corvette Museum in Kentucky: Make an exhibit of the crushed Corvettes. Everybody knows the story and everybody will understand.

#114 3 years ago

We've had a number of white woods over the years. Last time I had three after Williams closed. Scared stiff, circus Voltair, cactus canyon. They all had boards and seemed complete. But none of them worked. In fact they were all far from working. I was able to get the cactus canyon running but it required an incredible amount of work. It played awful too. It just wasn't finished and the shot layouts weren't correct and it needed a ton of tweaking to get it to play. Also in general it needed a ton of electrical work. And the mechanisms were all in early format and did not operate as they should, or at least as production games did. I eventually replaced the playfield and all the mechanisms with production versions and it is now the game that resides in the VFW museum. Why did I do that? Because the game was just awful to play. And if you've ever played a white wood they're just not very fun. Without the graphics there is a certain aspect of the game that is missing. And it definitely detracts from the whole playing experience. And since William parts department was still open, I could get all the parts to make it a fully functional sample game.

With the laser Lord, obviously we wouldn't do that. The idea would be just to get it running and flipping. We do have some white woods at the VFW museum right now. They are interesting but to be honest, my experience echoes pretty much everybody else's experience. White woods are good for a couple games but they're not a finished game. And they have certain play aspects that make them weird. It is interesting stuff, but it's not a finished game

We will soon be adding yet another white wood to the VFW. Should get it in time for our fall charity event. Stay tuned

#115 3 years ago

Also I'd like to add that the cactus canyon conversion project was 15 years before the VFW pinball museum even opened. Heck it wasn't even an idea of mine in 1999 to have a pinball museum. At the time I just wanted a decent playing cactus canyon. And since the Williams parts department was still open, I could get all the parts to make it a real game. They were out of stock on playfields though. I was able to get a new old stock play field from Robert winter for $200. Boy those were the days....

#116 3 years ago

It boggles the mind that anybody believes that game - which looks like it's been stored underneath a porch for 35 years - would actually boot if set up.

And I'm firmly in the "you have to be kidding me" camp if you think doing any on site work for dollar signs ted would be a good idea. Everybody in the hobby who has been around for awhile - except vid - has had an experience where that's turned out to be a bad
Idea. I came THIS close to losing out on a $500 huo pinbot once because I made the mistake of turning it on. I lost a jalopy buy once because I made the mistake of adding a credit and starting a game. Never again. I make a deal and I pack it up.

Sooner or later jackpot ted is gonna get tired of this game he's playing and he'll sell it. Until then at least at least we got a cool ipdb entry. Thanks to clay and DB for taking some time to photo and document the game, it's appreciated.

#117 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It boggles the mind that anybody believes that game - which looks like it's been stored underneath a porch for 35 years - would actually boot if set up.

The boards are not corroded.

There is a remote battery holder installed.

ANY Pintech worth his $100/hr could get this game flipping in 15 minutes.

Even if you had to swap every board in the backbox, you would have it done in less than 30 minutes.

I know it looks confusing to a novice, but once you understand what each board does, it's a dream system to service.

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Everybody in the hobby who has been around for awhile - except vid - has had an experience where that's turned out to be a bad
Idea. I came THIS close to losing out on a $500 huo pinbot once because I made the mistake of turning it on. I lost a jalopy buy once because I made the mistake of adding a credit and starting a game. Never again. I make a deal and I pack it up.

You seem to be confused on what kind of sale this is.

This is not "Let's steal this game from Old Blind Earl by letting him think it's broken", this is preserving history.

AND AGAIN, if I decide the price is too high for what **I** think it's worth, I'll still get it working for the next buyer.

#118 3 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

The boards are not corroded.
There is a remote battery holder installed.
ANY Pintech worth his $100/hr could get this game flipping in 15 minutes.
Even if you had to swap every board in the backbox, you would have it done in less than 30 minutes.
I know it looks confusing to a novice, but once you understand what each board does, it's a dream system to service.

You seem to be confused on what kind of sale this is.
This is not "Let's steal this game from Old Blind Earl by letting him think it's broken", this is preserving history.
AND AGAIN, if I decide the price is too high for what **I** think it's worth, I'll still get it working for the next buyer.

You've been wrong about an awful lot of stuff lately (stern will never issue a jt statement!) and this is no exception. How about you make the trip there and we'll see if you can get it working in 15 minutes?

#119 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

You've been wrong about an awful lot of stuff lately (stern will never issue a jt statement!) and this is no exception. How about you make the trip there and we'll see if you can get it working in 15 minutes?

The idea is to get it to boot and flip. Not to shop it out or correct issues inherent in a whitewood prototype.

I can usually get a game to boot fairly quickly as long as it isn't hacked to pieces. Fully playable where everything is 100% is something else.

#120 3 years ago

My current take on this entire subject is one and only one thing; To me it is very obvious that Clay would love to have this for VFW and almost equally obvious Vid doesn't want Clay to get it for what ever reason. I don't really believe Vid wanting to help Ted (a guy he doesn't know and knows nothing about) just to be a "nice guy" and I see no reason to mess with this machine where it sits.

It is very apparent there are two very different schools of though on this but I see zero advantage to the hobby making this machine more valuable by getting it working for the seller. Maybe I am stupid or missing something but how does that help anyone other then Ted. And if time is spent to discover it doesn't work and everyone realizes it is nothing more than a whitewood playfield at that point Ted looses - price plummets - and Ted gets pissed and makes it into firewood. How is messing with this before it is sold in any way a good idea?

Taking emotion and ulterior motives out of the equation and leaving out everyone's ego and taking this back to common sense & logic it seems like the smart thing to do is to just let Ted figure out what is best for Ted and see what happens. The issue with doing things that way is the guy that wants it the most will own it and I think that is what concerns both Vid & Clay.

So far from these post the only person interested enough to actually do something about acquiring this machine has been Clay. Someone made the trip to see it for Clay - put an offer on the table based on what they saw and posted pictures of actual condition of this machine. That tells me Clay is the only one serious about buying it so far. As they say "talk is cheap".

#121 3 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

The idea is to get it to boot and flip. Not to shop it out or correct issues inherent in a whitewood prototype.
I can usually get a game to boot fairly quickly as long as it isn't hacked to pieces. Fully playable where everything is 100% is something else.

Of course. But a game like this likely won't want to boot or flip without rebuilding many of the connectors. A game stored in wet conditions since Reagan was on office likely won't boot without rebuilding a number of .100 connectors. And that takes way more time than anybody is gonna want to spend with ted.

And how do you plan on even putting the head on this game without it falling apart? This machine is a major project not a "walk in, swap a couple boards, and fire it up" deal like you'll find in someone's laundry room. As vid says, To a novice it might seem easy but in real life this game will require serious work.

#122 3 years ago

Ive been to the PHOF but never the VFW. Is that the place that has a Predator pin?

#123 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

How about you make the trip there and we'll see if you can get it working in 15 minutes?

As soon as I'm back in the States, I'll go and get the game running for you guys.

If it takes me longer than 30 minutes, I'll give you a BJ at Expo, and every Pinsider can be your witness.

#124 3 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Looking at the pictures unless you want to assemble it on the floor it will take more than "a few minutes" just to get that thing on legs to be able to work on it. I don't know of many guys that want to put a head on a machine while it is sitting on the floor and try to get it up and running at a height that would be a PITA to work on it.

Everyone keeps saying "just a few minutes" but Clay's guy is the only one that actually showed up and looked at it.

One last thing - pull the backglass and set it aside to mess with the boards an a little wind comes along and their goes more paint off the backglass. You guys that are truly concerned about getting this somewhere to be saved should realize messing with it in an unsafe environment just doesn't make a lot of sense. Yes doctors do surgery in the field sometimes but they don't do it by choice. Why take any added risk messing with this at Ted's place instead of in a safe environment?

#125 3 years ago

Vid & Clay - my suggestion to you two guys is to PM each other and talk about this via private PM. This seems more like a Vid versus Clay thing than something about preserving pinball history.

Enough said!

#126 3 years ago

My current take on this entire subject is one and only one thing; To me it is very obvious that Clay would love to have this for VFW and almost equally obvious Vid doesn't want Clay to get it for what ever reason.

I would rather the game be available to the public, for free, year round at the PHOF.

If Clay buys it, it is only available to a select few once (apparently 2x) a year.

So if I donate it to the PHOF, that seems (to me) like the best place for it.

-

BUT, if Clay can get the funds to buy it, that's absolutely fine too. At least it's not sitting in a barn, rotting away - or worse lost to the ages.

I don't really believe Vid wanting to help Ted (a guy he doesn't know and knows nothing about) just to be a "nice guy"

I'm not a nice guy, anyone here knows that.

I have only selfish reasons to fix the game. When I get the the game running, I get to play it. The only one in existence.....

#127 3 years ago

Vid & Clay - my suggestion to you two guys is to PM each other and talk about this via private PM. This seems more like a Vid versus Clay thing that something about preserving pinball history.
Enough said!

That's one of the dumber things I've read on Pinside.

How is this possibly a Vid vs. Clay thing????????

I'd love to see an explanation of your statement.

#128 3 years ago

I worked at Gala North in Carol Stream , Illinois in the mid 80s. We were a Bally Test location, and we had a test game with a Magic Markered Playfield. We did not have it long , maybe a month. IIRC it was a Bally Cybernaut. I was actually nervous about cleaning it, because of the way it was. I did not want to smear the sharpie or whatever they had used back then. There was no artwork, just things written on it similar to the lazer lord in this topic.I remember being surprised that we had a game like that back then, but didn't really think too much of it being there. I rarely saw any employees from Bally or Williams back then, since I worked in the evening and would have liked to ask about it.

#129 3 years ago

One last thing - pull the backglass and set it aside to mess with the boards an a little wind comes along and their goes more paint off the backglass.

Is the game now outdoors????

Do garages in IL not have doors on them????

LOL, you are just grasping at anything negative that pops into your brain.

#130 3 years ago

This is not a versus anybody situation. Just there's no way that this is going to get up and running in the short time. And even if it could I don't really see the point in it. I mean I work on games all the time that are waterlogged. My local rare game supplier, a.k.a. stinky, gives us games that Have been stored in situations much like this game. They require a lot of work. Way more than a normal game sitting in someone's basement. I can't tell you how much work it is. I'm going thru a game right now that was waterlogged. It's called Bullseye 301 and every connector needs to be rebuilt. And when I say every connector I mean every connector. Also every lamp socket has to be replaced. Every mechanism taken apart and bead blasted or replaced. Every switch rebuilt. It's incredibly time-consuming. I've been working on it for a week every day and I still don't have the thing to the point where we can play a game. I had it booting but today the soundboard is now dragging down the MPU board. so yet another issue has raised its ugly head. And this is a – 35 Bally system which you would think would be easier than most to get going. But anytime water is involved and high humidity things go south really quick

To Levi's point, I don't know what it is about this select group of guy(s). Sometimes it turns into some sort of stupid pissing match where you're trying to become the smartest man on the planet. I hate to say it but (case in point) seems to fall into this category more often than not. I dont get it. But I have to agree with levi that most of the stuff he posts is exaggerated or wrong, at least in my experience, and drips of arrogance. So I just ignore it unless it directly affects me. I'm too old and have better things to do than to get in a pissing matches

But in regards to the issue at hand. I'm pretty sure that this game will never end up on my side of the planet. So it's all probably a moot point anyway...

#131 3 years ago

What happened to this thread? Enough with the attacks, fellas. Unless anyone hears from Ted soon, consider this game lost and we have nobody to blame but ourselves and our negative Pinside attitude.

#132 3 years ago
Quoted from out_of_order:

I worked at Gala North in Carol Stream , Illinois in the mid 80s. We were a Bally Test location, and we had a test game with a Magic Markered Playfield. We did not have it long , maybe a month. IIRC it was a Bally Cybernaut. I was actually nervous about cleaning it, because of the way it was. I did not want to smear the sharpie or whatever they had used back then. There was no artwork, just things written on it similar to the lazer lord in this topic.I remember being surprised that we had a game like that back then, but didn't really think too much of it being there. I rarely saw any employees from Bally or Williams back then, since I worked in the evening and would have liked to ask about it.

Yep, I have a Comet whitewood that has a license sticker on it dated 1984, so they did at times put them out on location to test.

#133 3 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

That's one of the dumber things I've read on Pinside.
How is this possibly a Vid vs. Clay thing????????
I'd love to see an explanation of your statement.

You keep saying what Clay did wrong or should have done. Everyone handles business differently and Clay did what he though was the best way for him to handle things - end of story. To me Clay is a pretty smart guy who has been around this hobby forever. He didn't build something like VFW by doing stupid stuff or without a lot of help from friends.

On the other had I see lots of post by Vid - more often than not saying how much smarter he is than the next guy (directly or indirectly) - but rarely putting his actions where his mouth is. I don't know either of you guys personally and I wish I did know both of you better but at this point Clay's actions say more to me than Vid's talk.

Regardless of how all of this turns out - as I have said all along - I just hope the machine ends up somewhere other than in a corner of a dark basement.

And as I have said many times in the past couple days -- why chance something getting lost forever by working on this in the owners garage or barn? I just don't see anything gained by doing this other than someone proving they can do it. Once art or code is lost it will be gone forever. Why not do all we can to keep that from happening by working in a safe place to begin with?

At this point keep the ego's in check and do what is best to get this machine where it can be enjoyed is the thing that makes the most sense for the hobby.

#134 3 years ago
Quoted from Frippertron:

What happened to this thread? Enough with the attacks, fellas. Unless anyone hears from Ted soon, consider this game lost and we have nobody to blame but ourselves and our negative Pinside attitude.

That is exactly why I suggested Vid & Clay figure this out privately. It seems more like a war of egos than a couple guys trying to preserve pinball history. VERY SAD but typically of people that think they are smarter than the next guy. Best of luck to all involved!

#135 3 years ago

I have a WPT whitewood up and running perfectly.

#136 3 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

As soon as I'm back in the States, I'll go and get the game running for you guys.
If it takes me longer than 30 minutes, I'll give you a BJ at Expo, and every Pinsider can be your witness.

Deal.

So long as you remove your dentures first.

#137 3 years ago

You keep saying what Clay did wrong or should have done.

What are you talking about?

Apparently, he never has even seen the game, so he did nothing wrong.

You just keep churning and churning and churning.....

#138 3 years ago
Quoted from pinlawyer:

I have a WPT whitewood up and running perfectly.

The thing people are forgetting here is there are tons of whitewood machines around from machines that made it into production so code for those is easy. Here we are talking about a whitewood for a machine that was never produced (from a company going out of business) and assuming somehow code was finished? Time will tell but I have my doubts about the code on this Lazer Lord being finished.

#139 3 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Deal.
So long as you remove your dentures first.

OK folks, we have an agreement in writing !!!!!!!!!!!

I sure hope I can work fast enough to beat that 30 minute deadline, otherwise you guys are going to have a show within the show.

#140 3 years ago

Way to much emotion and way to little logic or common sense on this post. Only time will tell and until someone actually gets that machine somewhere it can be worked on properly no one will know for sure. Maybe by now Ted has put it on the fire pile & burned it and then we can all just forget it ever existed.

I really need to get away from this post & this topic and get some work done. I have machines to pick up in 3 states over the next couple weeks so somehow I need to get things moving. Any reading & typing here isn't helping.

#141 3 years ago

I don't know of many guys that want to put a head on a machine while it is sitting on the floor and try to get it up and running at a height that would be a PITA to work on it.

I do that sometimes, actually. Then I sit on a stool or simply stand and toil away. A lot easier when trying to work on a playfield that basically only has one service position

Sometimes I'll leave it on a hand truck and put something under the handle to get it close to the right playfield angle if I actually need to play a game on it.

Or sometimes I'll have it on a lift cart. It really depends what I need to work on and what height ends up being comfortable.

#142 3 years ago

assuming somehow code was finished?

Nobody said it was finished. I was assuming it may have gotten to the point where it could start, play some of the basic game features, and end. Anything beyond that would be a bonus.

That is exactly why I suggested Vid & Clay figure this out privately. It seems more like a war of egos than a couple guys trying to preserve pinball history. VERY SAD but typically of people that think they are smarter than the next guy. Best of luck to all involved!

I'm not reading anywhere where anyone is fighting over it. The way I see it, you just have a difference of opinion on how to hande the game as it sits.

#143 3 years ago

This topic feels like it could use a temporary closing until more information is available. Its just speculation and cock measuring, not that that differs from most threads but really guys, is this thread going anywhere?

#144 3 years ago
Quoted from Frippertron:

This topic feels like it could use a temporary closing until more information is available. Its just speculation and cock measuring, not that that differs from most threads but really guys, is this thread going anywhere?

You've been posting a week and now you are the expert on how everything should operate?

Come on bro slow your roll, everything is fine here.

#145 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

You've been posting a week and now you are the expert on how everything should operate?
Come on bro slow your roll, everything is fine here. And looks like I'll be getting a blowie out of it.

Wow man. I'll be the first to tell you I'm an expert at nothing. I'm just saying nothing is getting accomplished. People are just pissing people off. I know I'm new and I'm here to be friendly and I don't want to step on any toes or ruin that BJ for you.

#146 3 years ago

I just got off the phone with my CNC cabinet guy.

He can run the reproduction playfields and cabinets, no problem.

JJJ's handwriting will be scanned and applied to the reproduction playfields, then the playfields will be clearcoated with 2PAC.

Cabs will be painted and distressed in a faded glory Classic Stern style.

Translights will printed and shipped directly to buyers from Elal in Yemen.

Wiring harnesses will be made by restorer Jon Hauptman (he's in the auto industry harness biz and has automated crimping equipment at his disposal).

I only have a dozen Classic Stern board sets, so it will be a limited run of 10.

Numbered certificate of fauxenticity will be included (suitable for framing).

Lamp and Switch matrix chart will be included.

$5,000 .....no money down (I don't need it).

Original will be donated to PHOF

(the only thing that will de-rail this is if the ROMs are damaged.)

Enjoy the fun of owning your own piece of pinball history ----The LLr !!!!

image-10 (resized).jpg

#147 3 years ago

If you guys are smart enuff.... you can just CNC a playfield and populate it and test the layout.
Oh, and by looking at the bottom of the playfield ( thanks, DB ) it is a 4 ball multiball game. If Stern
had released it, it would be the first 4 balls multiball game preceding F14 Tomcat by Williams.

#148 3 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

If I buy it, I'll gladly post what I paid for it.
What reason would I have to keep it a secret?
If I buy it for $2K, and sell it for $1M the buyer will know I made a profit, so what?
If I buy it for $2K and donate it to the PHOF, does Tim care?

Yeah i never understood why people are ashamed of what they paid for stuff.

#149 3 years ago
Quoted from Luzur:

Yeah i never understood why people are ashamed of what they paid for stuff.

Probably afraid their wife would find out they have been lying to her.

#150 3 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Probably afraid their wife would find out they have been lying to her.

Ding, ding, ding...
Of course, it goes the same way on lady stuff too.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 119.95
Boards
Allteksystems
$ 49.99
Electronics
PinballElectronics.com
Boards
nvram.weebly.com
Displays
PinballSolutions.eu
$ 149.95
Boards
Allteksystems
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 999.00
$ 229.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 11,500.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
$ 79.00
$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 6.50
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
$ 22.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 9.99
$ 999.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
There are 395 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 8.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside