Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 128 posts
  • 53 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Frax
  • Topic is favorited by 21 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_5638 (resized).JPG
    IMG_5637 (resized).JPG
    Fortune_Teller (resized).jpg
    100 (resized).JPG
    Screen Shot 2017-09-11 at 3.30.57 PM (resized).png
    20170907_181515 (resized).jpg
    20170907_181451 (resized).jpg
    20170907_160200 (resized).jpg
    20170907_160148 (resized).jpg
    20170906_160921 (resized).jpg
    20170906_160847 (resized).jpg
    20170905_144930 (resized).jpg
    20170905_144913 (resized).jpg
    20170905_144858 (resized).jpg
    20170905_144837 (resized).jpg
    20170905_144823 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cottonm4.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

#38 6 years ago

It would be nice to have a closer look at that yellow paper in the backbox with the dipswitch settings and see if it says Lazer Lord.

#87 6 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

Ok, I'm curious--how is Jackbot associate with Joed Joos?

http://mirror2.ipdb.org/files/3619/Williams_1995_Jack_Bot_English_Manual.pdf

3rd page down in the Jackbot manual has a dedication to Joe Joos Jr.

Screen Shot 2017-09-11 at 3.30.57 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2017-09-11 at 3.30.57 PM (resized).png

#97 6 years ago

OK. History lesson: Pizza Hut, you know, that Pizza Hut, with stuffed crust and all that jazz was founded in my town by two brothers in 1958. It was a little bitty old building that was part of the reason "Hut" became part of the name. This building was originally located about 3 miles from me on the highway going through town. Around 1978 or 1979 the city was planning on moving and widening the highway so the original Pizza Hut building was slated to be torn down, or otherwise in someway disposed of.
    +++++++++++++++

I started my first college class in 1979. It was a class on Entrepreneurship. The professor was going nuts over this Pizza Hut building and wanted it on campus as a historical piece. The class consisted of lots or lectures by different local businessmen. Frank Carney, one of the co-founding brothers was a guess speaker.

During question and answer session a student asked Frank if he had any nostalgic memories of his start up building and was he going to contribute any money to help pay for re-location. This is what he said (loosely quoted), "I burned my hands on the oven too many times and bumped my head on (whatever it was) to have any fond memories of that building. I have a business to run and I'm interested in looking to the future as opposed to living in the past". The words were something along these lines. He was not interested in the building.

As stated, the professor was interested and managed to get the building moved to campus where it sits to this day.

History lesson over.
    +++++++++++++++++++++++

Gary Stern is probably the same way about these old Stern pins. He is probably too busy to play any of them. Running the business is probably all of the action he needs.

When you are building or selling something you are not usually too interested on collecting what ever it is you are selling. A couple of car dealer friends on mine like to collect the old cars and speculate that they might be worth lots of money years from now but most are happy to turn the car fast, make a decent profit, and pay the bills right now. The monthly nut never goes away. The future is out there somewhere.

Ask Levi. I'd be willing to bet of all the pins he has sold that one or two have appreciated wildly in price and are now worth a fortune but when he sold a long time ago he reinvested and bought another pin and resold that pin and reinvested and the cumulative profits over the years probably equal or exceed the "fortune he could have made" by sitting on that one machine.

So, while we get all lathered up about an obscure pinball machine, Gary Stern is busy running his business today. Besides, didn't he get a divorce and his ex-wife wind up with most, or all, of the company's assets? If so, that could really leave a sour taste in his/your mouth.

I can see why he couldn't care less about these old Sterns.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cottonm4.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lazer-lord-prototype?tu=cottonm4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.