Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 128 posts
  • 53 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Frax
  • Topic is favorited by 21 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_5638 (resized).JPG
    IMG_5637 (resized).JPG
    Fortune_Teller (resized).jpg
    100 (resized).JPG
    Screen Shot 2017-09-11 at 3.30.57 PM (resized).png
    20170907_181515 (resized).jpg
    20170907_181451 (resized).jpg
    20170907_160200 (resized).jpg
    20170907_160148 (resized).jpg
    20170906_160921 (resized).jpg
    20170906_160847 (resized).jpg
    20170905_144930 (resized).jpg
    20170905_144913 (resized).jpg
    20170905_144858 (resized).jpg
    20170905_144837 (resized).jpg
    20170905_144823 (resized).jpg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

There are 128 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
    #1 6 years ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Other items - for sale

Lazer Lord prototype

Added: 2017-09-06 15:48:39 UTC • Ended: September 12th, 2017

Price

$ 3,000 (OBO)

Open for offers

Ok so here goes. Let me start by introducing myself. My name is Ted and im new here. I have what looks to be an prototype Lazer Lord pinball. When i picked it up yesterday i got it home and took a good look at it. My first reaction was...... wow what a piece of crap! After doing some poking around on the web my mind is changing. That is why i have joined this forum. Im hoping you fine people can tell me what i have here. I have also spoken to Mr. Gary Stern yesterday. He said he didnt remember this game and asked for some pictures of it. I have sent them and awaiting his call today. Please take it easy on me as i am a plumber not a pinball tech but i think it looks like it is complete. As per mod request i have entered a $3000 (obo) asking price or i was told told to list it on ebay..................

Item photos

20170905_144804 (resized).jpg
    20170905_144823 (resized).jpg
    20170905_144837 (resized).jpg
    20170905_144858 (resized).jpg
    20170905_144913 (resized).jpg
    20170905_144930 (resized).jpg
    20170906_160847 (resized).jpg
    20170906_160921 (resized).jpg
    20170907_160148 (resized).jpg
    20170907_160200 (resized).jpg
    20170907_181451 (resized).jpg
    20170907_181515 (resized).jpg

Photos not showing? Make sure your ad blocker plugin is not hiding them.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Seller insights

These are tedandjen's market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

N/A

Go to tedandjen's stats page

Listing result

The seller marked this ad as "not sold". The item did not sell through Pinside so there's no listing result.

Item location

Yorkville, IL, US

#2 6 years ago

That is probably a one of a kind game.

How did you end up with it?

This type of game is typically called a Whitewood. This is because the naked wood is visible on the playfield before it got to the point in the game's development where artwork was designed for it.

#3 6 years ago

I would like to buy this for $1!

#4 6 years ago
    Quoted from aobrien5:

I would like to buy this for $1!

OBO - make it $3.50

#5 6 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

OBO - make it $3.50

$5, besides, I'm closer.

http://ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=1421

Notes: The designer's name is shown on the playfield between the flippers.

Same playfield layout as Stern's 1980 'Quicksilver' but with different artwork.

'Lazer Lord' was a prototype machine and never went into production. Stern's 1982 'Orbitor 1' was the last pinball machine manufactured by Stern Electronics, Incorporated.

#6 6 years ago

Viper cabinet.

Ron...

#7 6 years ago

Pretty kewl piece of history there. Hopefully it wasn't stolen from Stern...

#8 6 years ago

I thought Lazer Lord was a Quicksilver RE-theme with different software. Vid would know.

#9 6 years ago

That playfield layout is definitely not Quicksilver. Time for some detective work!

#10 6 years ago
    Quoted from Frippertron:

I thought Lazer Lord was a Quicksilver RE-theme with different software. Vid would know.

That's exactly what IPDB says, but this sure looks like the whitewood Joos was working on. Probably when Stern Electronics went under?

#11 6 years ago

$10. Im EVEN closer.

#12 6 years ago

Nice find. I'm interested in hi-res photos. Please send me a private message.

Jonathan

#13 6 years ago

VERY cool to find this out of the blue!

#14 6 years ago

The only production game made sold for $7500 a couple years ago. Just be careful. This could truly be one of a kind

#15 6 years ago
    Quoted from tedandjen:

Please take it easy on me as i am a plumber not a pinball tech

Don't worry, you'll probably fit right in around here.

#16 6 years ago

I'd be interested

#17 6 years ago

Odin you crack me up

#18 6 years ago

I'd suggest you find an experienced tech in the area to check over everything and make a backup of those rom images

#19 6 years ago

Hello!

The owner told me I am welcome to show his eight (now twelve) ad pictures on the IPDB but said he had to use his camera phone to make them as he has no other camera. He told me that anyone is welcome to come by and take better photographs of the game. His ad indicates he is located in Yorkville, Illinois.

Better photographs, and more of 'em, would be great.

So, if any one who lives nearby him and who, ahem, has a regular digital camera (not a camera phone) and who can photo-document this whitewood for the IPDB, that would be swell and appreciated.

We can accept images up to 10MB each although folks usually send them in at somewhere between 1MB and 3MB each. I'd be looking for many pictures, inside and out, and a focused close-up of anywhere and everywhere a date can be found. A picture of the reverse side of the backglass and one of the front of the backbox with the glass removed (showing the insert) are views that are sometimes overlooked.

I just thought I would ask. Thanks for giving this task your consideration.

Jay

#20 6 years ago

I second that. This isn't the pin to putz around and figure things out on get a Meteor for that. Find a reputable tech . There are plenty of good guys here that will point you in the right direction or if you want to sell it keep it private an item like this doesn't need EBay. Just get a bunch of price quotes and the buyers will find you. Just do your due diligence.

#21 6 years ago

Honestly, if the OP was just looking for his first machine, I think he could easily trade this away for something more appropriate to someone who could give this the care it needs and come out ahead monetarily at the same time.

#22 6 years ago

Yeah maybe you can get a Dialed In LE out of the deal

#23 6 years ago

I have an original lazerlord flyer my boss gave me after he visited a coinop trade show in germany or france in 1982 or 83.

#24 6 years ago
    Quoted from cudabee:

I have an original lazerlord flyer my boss gave me after he visited a coinop trade show in germany or france in 1982 or 83.

Does it look like this layout or more like Quicksilver?

#25 6 years ago
    Quoted from I_P_D_B:

Hello!
    The owner told me I am welcome to show his eight ad pictures on the IPDB but said he had to use his camera phone to make them as he has no other camera. He told me that anyone is welcome to come by and take better photographs of the game. His ad indicates he is located in Yorkville, Illinois.
    Better photographs, and more of 'em, would be great.
    So, if any one who lives nearby him and who, ahem, has a regular digital camera (not a camera phone) and who can photo-document this whitewood for the IPDB, that would be swell and appreciated.
    We can accept images up to 10MB each although folks usually send them in at somewhere between 1MB and 3MB each. I'd be looking for many pictures, inside and out, and a focused close-up of anywhere and everywhere a date can be found. A picture of the reverse side of the backglass and one of the front of the backbox with the glass removed (showing the insert) are views that are sometimes overlooked.
    I just thought I would ask. Thanks for giving this task your consideration.
    Jay

I sent the OP a PM to see if I could come take a look and see if we can get some more details...

#26 6 years ago

Good luck with your sale! I'm sure it will be gone in a day or so. Rare games like this typically go quick.

Marcus

#27 6 years ago

Looks like a cool layout.

#28 6 years ago

What are you doing. Did you talk to Mr. Stern. Instead of doing an auction here that people don't like, just say 10 K or best offer. Pinsiders don't like auctions.

#29 6 years ago

Yeah solar but are the upper flippers necessary?

#30 6 years ago

I'd be very wary here. Something doesn't seem right.

#31 6 years ago

CAUTION: NEW MEMBER

#32 6 years ago

North of 10

#33 6 years ago

I really wouldn't think anywhere near that. My guess would be closer to 5 because it is whitewood in a generic cabinet. I truly think people would prefer art on playfield over whitewood and correct cabinet art to expect much north of 5 but I have been wrong in the past.

There might be a handful of people interested north of 5 but time will tell. Hopefully seller will be nice enough to give us some idea what final price ended up at. I don't think it is fair to either buyer or seller to expect to see an exact number but saying it sold for between ---- and ---- would be nice.

#34 6 years ago

A few years ago the prototype Lazer Lord sold on eBay. I know as I was bidding on it. Lazer Lord was the same layout as Quicksilver.

This whitewood is like nothing I've seen, don't know what this is or if it's real or if it a first mockup with primitive code.

Duncan Brown may know more.

#36 6 years ago

You sir, hit a jackpot.

#37 6 years ago

This could be many things. A legit whitewood that Joe Joos Jr worked, a home brew that someone made a lazer lord backglass for, who knows. I know I would need confirmation of its authenticity. I know the one on EBay from awhile back sold for 7500, but the thing with one offs it's what anybody will pay. There are no rules. This is worth what someone will pay. There is no record of value here. If you are serious about buying this, please do your research.

#38 6 years ago

It would be nice to have a closer look at that yellow paper in the backbox with the dipswitch settings and see if it says Lazer Lord.

#39 6 years ago

What a super cool find and neat/unique collectors piece. Just out of curiosity, where did you find it?

#40 6 years ago

I was just studying the layout a bit, and did anyone notice the interesting way to achieve ball locks? I don't think I've seen that used before.

#41 6 years ago
    Quoted from danczaz:

I sent the OP a PM to see if I could come take a look and see if we can get some more details...

Thank you.

Quoted from mnpinball:

A few years ago the prototype Lazer Lord sold on eBay. I know as I was bidding on it. Lazer Lord was the same layout as Quicksilver.
    This whitewood is like nothing I've seen, don't know what this is or if it's real or if it a first mockup with primitive code.
    Duncan Brown may know more.

Earlier today I emailed Duncan for input.

#42 6 years ago

Well I certainly hope this isn't some sort of trick or fake. What a neat piece of pinball history and a very unique whitewood prototype! I hope this gets well documented before being bought and squirreled away in a private collection for the next couple decades!
    On another note, I'm glad Orbitor 1 made it into production before Stern went under, because they had a lot of promising prototypes being developed at the same time, like this, and it's too bad they never saw production.

#43 6 years ago

Stern should vault this layout.

#44 6 years ago
    Quoted from Frippertron:

Yeah solar but are the upper flippers necessary?

Upper right flipper looks to be the only way to get to the upper left lock shot and back up into the top lanes.
    Upper left maybe not as necessary but still cool for hitting the huge bank of stand-ups on the right.
    Is that another lock at the upper right? Looks like a tough shot.

#45 6 years ago

I wonder if the code is complete after all these years...?

John

#46 6 years ago

I'm really curious what this ends up going for. I hope the final amount is made public for us.

#47 6 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

I'm really curious what this ends up going for. I hope the final amount is made public for us.

I think a lot of us would love to know. But I also realize some buyers might prefer that number is not disclosed. If that is the case it would be nice to at leat know some type of range if fell within. Please give us something!

#48 6 years ago

I would really like to see pics under the hood...

#49 6 years ago

Gary Stern should give the Op a new LE for it!!

#50 6 years ago

Amazing. Awesome find!

There are 128 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lazer-lord-prototype?hl=mnpinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.