Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 128 posts
  • 53 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Frax
  • Topic is favorited by 21 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_5638 (resized).JPG
    IMG_5637 (resized).JPG
    Fortune_Teller (resized).jpg
    100 (resized).JPG
    Screen Shot 2017-09-11 at 3.30.57 PM (resized).png
    20170907_181515 (resized).jpg
    20170907_181451 (resized).jpg
    20170907_160200 (resized).jpg
    20170907_160148 (resized).jpg
    20170906_160921 (resized).jpg
    20170906_160847 (resized).jpg
    20170905_144930 (resized).jpg
    20170905_144913 (resized).jpg
    20170905_144858 (resized).jpg
    20170905_144837 (resized).jpg
    20170905_144823 (resized).jpg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

There are 128 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
    #101 6 years ago

Maybe this whitewood isn't that old at all, but Sterns answer to Total Nuclear Annihilation?

#102 6 years ago

Details that were not mentioned ....

IMG_5637 (resized).JPGIMG_5637 (resized).JPG

IMG_5638 (resized).JPGIMG_5638 (resized).JPG

#103 6 years ago
    Quoted from cfh:

did you buy it?

#104 6 years ago

There's no way he didn't buy it! Can't wait till he gets it running.

#105 6 years ago

I noticed the backglass was peeling in the ad photo, but didn't realize it was that bad. Hope the price was negotiated accordingly.

#106 6 years ago

Our intent was to buy it for the museum. But given the details, and that his price seems crazy high, we could not come to an agreement

#107 6 years ago

That is some bad damage. Been sitting in water somewhere. Is the back glass salvageable ? Looks in pretty poor shape and also missing pieces in the corner. Again everything fixable but a labor of love. Widebody stern cabinets are widely available but the backglass is a gut kick.

#108 6 years ago

The backglasses on some of those early Sterns are just freaking amazing pieces of art.

#109 6 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

There's no way he didn't buy it! Can't wait till he gets it running.

Quoted from cfh:

Our intent was to buy it for the museum. But given the details, and that his price seems crazy high, we could not come to an agreement

The first time Levi has ever been wrong, mark the date!

#110 6 years ago

That is very sad for sure. It really takes it from something very collectable down to not much better then a parts machine. Not that someone couldn't save it but value wise it is really nothing special with all that damage. Very sad for the pinball community to see that condition but also very sad for the seller now that so many of us raised his expectations of the value.

I am not blaming the seller for not realizing just how much difference those issues make but at this point I really don't see a ton of value their. In my eyes that machine just went from $3000 to $6000 range down to he will be lucky to get $1000 out of it and $500 to $750 is likely more realistic. VERY SAD for everyone for sure!

It kind of reminds me of the guy that finds a 1963 Split Window Corvette in a barn and thinks it is worth a half a million dollars because one sold for $700,000 fully restored at auction last year. When in fact that barn find Corvette isn't worth much over $20,000 or $30,000 because motor is missing - frame is bad - etc. So sad to see but it is still part of pinball history and it would be nice to see it saved.

Quoted from cfh:

I really wish he would have sold it to you Clay - you would have been the perfect guy to save it!

#111 6 years ago
    Quoted from cfh:

OW...

#112 6 years ago

So what price are we looking at now?

#113 6 years ago
    Quoted from bangerjay:

So what price are we looking at now?

I sent a PM asking the same thing.

I'd like to see you get it, I know you have the ability to get it to its former glory

#114 6 years ago
    Quoted from cfh:

Yikes....yep, the value just plummeted considerably.

Still worthwhile to restore, though.

#115 6 years ago
    Quoted from too-many-pins:

That is very sad for sure. It really takes it from something very collectable down to not much better then a parts machine. Not that someone couldn't save it but value wise it is really nothing special with all that damage. Very sad for the pinball community to see that condition but also very sad for the seller now that so many of us raised his expectations of the value.
    I am not blaming the seller for not realizing just how much difference those issues make but at this point I really don't see a ton of value their. In my eyes that machine just went from $3000 to $6000 range down to he will be lucky to get $1000 out of it and $500 to $750 is likely more realistic. VERY SAD for everyone for sure!
    It kind of reminds me of the guy that finds a 1963 Split Window Corvette in a barn and thinks it is worth a half a million dollars because one sold for $700,000 fully restored at auction last year. When in fact that barn find Corvette isn't worth much over $20,000 or $30,000 because motor is missing - frame is bad - etc. So sad to see but it is still part of pinball history and it would be nice to see it saved.

I really wish he would have sold it to you Clay - you would have been the perfect guy to save it!

When I bought the Gamatron whitewood it was just a playfield and no backglass. It was in a stack of stuff. I had to return it to its former glory which are the pictures on IPDB. The Andromeda whitewood is ready to be returned to its former glory for the 2018 TPF. It is like when it was at the Game Plan factory in the Captain Hook cabinet and I was able to save the backglass which is no different then the production model but was an NOS when it got last sold. I have been able to get it running (Not reliable yet). You guys will be able to play these 4 games at the TPF in 2018. I will still make an offer on this to Ted. It still has some value but it must be picked up to keep the glass in tact and attempt to keep from losing more artwork. Glad it has been saved and brought forth by Ted.

#116 6 years ago

Isn't the backglass damage visible in the pictures that Ted provided? And other than replacing the cabinet, what am I missing? The playfield still looks pretty good.

#117 6 years ago
    Quoted from SirScott:

Isn't the backglass damage visible in the pictures that Ted provided? And other than replacing the cabinet, what am I missing? The playfield still looks pretty good.

Yeah not seeing why a roached generic cabinet and peeling but still savable one-of-a kind backglass makes this thing worthless. Did the playfield also have water damage?

If the visible is the worst of it it's still gonna be worth some decent cabbage to the right guy. If there's even more rot throughout I can see it being a goner.

I'd still rather have this heap than a magic girl!

#119 6 years ago
    Quoted from cfh:

... we could not come to an agreement

Thank god...I don;t want to clean that piece of shit

#120 6 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Thank god...I don;t want to clean that piece of shit

OUCH!

#121 6 years ago

Someone has to restore it. For the history alone it should be preserved.

#122 6 years ago

I do have the original Lazer Lord. In near perfect and working condition.
    There are some misconceptions floating around that I can help solve.

The Lazer Lord is not an 'exact' Quicksilver playfield.
    It is very close though, so close that I didn't notice for one year.
    Some of the angles are different, different enough to be planned and significant.

Additionally, it has a prototype flipper mechanism in it unlike any other known Stern Pinball.
    I don't play the game much or travel with it for that reason. (it is irreplaceable - although I would like to duplicate the mechanism - it is unique and quite clever)
    The flippers do seem to work better than the same era Stern and Bally Flippers.

(someday I'll put in standard flipper mechs and bring it to a show - locals have seen and played as well as traveling pinball players - so -unlike what some people have mentioned - I do show the machine to ANY pinball player in the area and players traveling through who want to stop by). Those people smart enough to play it very gently have done so.

Also there is a location sticker on it, so it is clear that the game was out at a test location.
    It was bought at Stern Electronics along with all of the equipment sold at bankruptcy.
    The machine was on the Stern Electronics premises.
    (It has an interesting history)

There has been a message to Ted re buying the game, but there has been only one response then Crickets
    - I'm sure that he is overwhelmed by tire kickers with some serious buyers
    - And he is having trouble telling the difference between the two

#123 6 years ago
    Quoted from Carnacki:

Additionally, it has a prototype flipper mechanism in it unlike any other known Stern Pinball.
    I don't play the game much or travel with it for that reason. (it is irreplaceable - although I would like to duplicate the mechanism - it is unique and quite clever)

You got any pictures of them? Sounds interesting

#124 6 years ago

Too many shit talkers on this forum! To the people that were interested you have my number and to all the others you can get bent!

#125 6 years ago
    Quoted from Carnacki:

I do have the original Lazer Lord. In near perfect and working condition.
    There are some misconceptions floating around that I can help solve.
    The Lazer Lord is not an 'exact' Quicksilver playfield.
    It is very close though, so close that I didn't notice for one year.
    Some of the angles are different, different enough to be planned and significant.
    (someday I'll put in standard flipper mechs and bring it to a show - locals have seen and played as well as traveling pinball players - so -unlike what some people have mentioned - I do show the machine to ANY pinball player in the area and players traveling through who want to stop by). Those people smart enough to play it very gently have done so.
    Also there is a location sticker on it, so it is clear that the game was out at a test location.
    It was bought at Stern Electronics along with all of the equipment sold at bankruptcy.
    The machine was on the Stern Electronics premises.
    (It has an interesting history)
    There has been a message to Ted re buying the game, but there has been only one response then Crickets
    - I'm sure that he is overwhelmed by tire kickers with some serious buyers
    - And he is having trouble telling the difference between the two

I have offered to put some different mechs on it at the show and also have asked about pictures of the mechs. You can always put a different glass in it since it is the most precious part. We will work with what ever it would take to do so. You could even put a Quicksilver glass in it, different flippers and bring it to TPF. I can help with all of that. This is still open. We can also help bring it there. Would be cool to see at 2018. Are you in Lincoln ? I thought you were in Wisc.? Myself and Dothedoo are easily avaliable to come by since we are both from there and he lives there.

We bring alot of rare ; one of a kind stuff out to shows. Just have to reduce risk. Even having it play with different flipper mechs would be great. Let us know. Remember Robs NOS everything Iron Maiden. Glass, Playfields etc. it survived. We watched it like no other game. My Gamatron's and Andromeda's and both WW will be there this year. Consider bringing it without he glass. Well help.

#126 6 years ago
    Quoted from Classic_Stern:

I have offered to put some different mechs on it at the show and also have asked about pictures of the mechs. You can always put a different glass in it since it is the most precious part. We will work with what ever it would take to do so. You could even put a Quicksilver glass in it, different flippers and bring it to TPF. I can help with all of that. This is still open. We can also help bring it there. Would be cool to see at 2018. Are you in Lincoln ? I thought you were in Wisc.? Myself and Dothedoo are easily avaliable to come by since we are both from there and he lives there.
    We bring alot of rare ; one of a kind stuff out to shows. Just have to reduce risk. Even having it play with different flipper mechs would be great. Let us know. Remember Robs NOS everything Iron Maiden. Glass, Playfields etc. it survived. We watched it like no other game. My Gamatron's and Andromeda's and both WW will be there this year. Consider bringing it without the glass. Well help.

#127 6 years ago
    Quoted from tedandjen:

Too many shit talkers on this forum! To the people that were interested you have my number and to all the others you can get bent!

Class act, clearly.

#128 6 years ago
    Quoted from Classic_Stern:

Robs NOS everything Iron Maiden

Pretty sure I saw more than one person blow their load...

There are 128 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lazer-lord-prototype/page/3?hl=mbaumle and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.